Why does Guns put out pointless press releases?

Kaneda

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get one thing clear.

From now on, if you feel like complaining about the press releases, go somewhere else.

It's fucking boring to read the same few people go on and on about how every press release issued is wrong.

If you don't want to read the press releases, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the words press and release in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how everything sucks.

/jarmo

...and If you don't want to read Kanedas posts, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the word Kaneda in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how Kaneda sucks.

Edited by misch

Jarmo just posted this at HTGTH... I know this isn't HTGTH but I like his view on this and thought others would like to read it.

From now on, if you feel like complaining about the press releases, go somewhere else.

It's fucking boring to read the same few people go on and on about how every press release issued is wrong.

If you don't want to read the press releases, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the words press and release in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how everything sucks.

/jarmo

I saw that and share Jarmo's sentiment. Christ we weren't even getting press releases for the longest time, and now we get them at least on a monthly basis. at least the communication is there.

this IS guns n roses, this is how they've always been, if u dont like it fuck off n buy somethin from the new age section!

LOL, I think most people have already fucked off, which is why GNR concerts are played to half empty arenas.

I don't think you should be asking any more fans to fuck off, lol.

/jarmo

...and If you don't want to read Kanedas posts, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the word Kaneda in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how Kaneda sucks.

But he shouldn't be allowed to make these threads, he is breaking a rule.

/jarmo

who is anyone here besides admin to say someone shouldn't do something?

let he who is without sin cast the first stone

this IS guns n roses, this is how they've always been, if u dont like it fuck off n buy somethin from the new age section!

LOL, I think most people have already fucked off, which is why GNR concerts are played to half empty arenas.

:rofl-lol:

well fuck em, i'd rather they play school halls than compromise their identity/art. i'll still buy the ticket.

Edited by frankwhite

I think that Kaneda is right in a way. Sometimes I get very tired of waiting and waiting. And know I hear people say: "Well, Axl told you not to wait for it and go on with your life!". Fuck that! It's not that I am thinking about GNR 24/7. But I do check this site at least for a few minutes every office day. And to tell you the truth: if Axl doesn't deliver CD this year, then he can go fuck himself for all I care. I still have the old material to enjoy. I mean, we've waited long enough boys and girls. Now I hear people say: "Axl didn't ask you to wait!" Fuck that, then he shouldn't have told us about Chinese Democracy at all. As soon as you start talking about a new album, you already make promisses to your fans. It's good when you support your favorite band through good times and bad times, but it's weak to let yourself be treated as sheeps! So come on Axl, deliver the bitch!!!

Edited by Roy79

well fuck em, i'd rather they play school halls than compromise their identity/art. i'll still buy the ticket.

this band is all about compromising there identity :rofl-lol:

My thoughts exactly. They have no identity right now, though that could/should change with an album release.

It was actually my posts at HTGTH that provoked Jarmo to post his rebuttal (which have now been removed by administrators). I'll respect his requests, as its his forum and he can do whatever he wants with it, but I don't agree with his assertion that anything negative can't be viewed as constructive criticism.

Generally, I hate people who whine and bitch about anything GNR does. People will gripe about the album release, where they're playing, where they're not playing, the videos on their website, the lack of information when really, as GNR fans, we should be celebrating the good times after so many years of nothing. For the most part, I say it's GNR's decision to make if they want to leave their fans in the dark. But what I do have a problem with is when management and/or band promote something in the fashion that they do. Great, you sold out MSG, release a unneccessary press release about it. My big issue is, as Kaneda refers to, the tone of the message. It's completely self-serving; yet forgets or ignores why this band is so great.

Not to rekindle the issue of whether this band is or is not Guns N' Roses, but let's be frank here. MSG did not sell out 'cause of the Hammerstein shows or the successful Europe tour. It did not sell out 'cause everyone just wants to see Axl (though he's a big part no doubt). Nor did it not sell out 'cause people are dying to hear Madagascar, Better and IRS. MSG sold out 'cause people like hearing Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine and any and all GNR classics. So when the new band releases a self-congratulatory love-in about how they sold out MSG, I can't help but cringe. People have said that for a band who has released no new material, hasn't been big in the public eye for almost 15 years to sell out MSG is quite an accomplishment. So if the band hasn't done anything for the past 15 years, then it's not 'cause of anything they've done recently that deserves selling out MSG.

I do view this band as Guns N' Roses. That's not what I'm trying to argue here. It just doesn't sit well when a press release resorts to mentioning polls that have Guns N' Roses over other bands (then feels the need to list the other bands). To bring it all back, its the tone of these press releases that people like myself and Kaneda object to. It sounds like band progaganda. Had they just released a blurb on their website about selling out MSG, then that would have been great. But to make such a deal out of it is nuts.

Understand the real reason why such a press release was issued: they need to bolster ticket sales in New Jersey.

Cheers,

Andrew

shouldn't they be promoting this tour?

Yeah, they really should promote it. Same with the album, how about a bit of promo Axl? :rolleyes:

there wont be promotion for the album until a release date is set

in the last month a lot has been done. the official website is up, the tour dates went on sale, the official myspace is up, they played Inland Invasion which is huge in So. Cal. Things are happening.

shouldn't they be promoting this tour?

Yeah, they really should promote it. Same with the album, how about a bit of promo Axl? :rolleyes:

there wont be promotion for the album until a release date is set

in the last month a lot has been done. the official website is up, the tour dates went on sale, the official myspace is up, they played Inland Invasion which is huge in So. Cal. Things are happening.

They had a website and tour dates in 2002, and nothing happened. As for them having a myspace page, well now that puts them on the same level as every 14 year old girl in this country. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. They have no identity right now, though that could/should change with an album release.

compromise their identity how?? their last release of their own matierial was the illusion albums n they kicked ass. thats the last shit to judge em by. and for all this changing members shit, guns ALWAYS had a revolving line up, their identity is exactly the same, explain the compromise someone? i could give a motherfuck about promotion, it's the music i care about n i been told thats comin n i believe it. drop this album axl n lemme now how it feels to have this many mouths on ur dick. with a fanbase like this, who needs Mick Wall.

Edited by frankwhite

compromise their identity how?? their last release of their own matierial was the illusion albums n they kicked ass. thats the last shit to judge em by. and for all this changing members shit, guns ALWAYS had a revolving line up, their identity is exactly the same, explain the compromise someone? i could give a motherfuck about promotion, it's the music i care about n i been told thats comin n i believe it. drop this album axl n lemme now how it feels to have this many mouths on ur dick. with a fanbase like this, who needs Mick Wall.

the fact is they haven't announced the new line up, they still play the old songs,so in my opinion they have no identity of there own,

ps- stop writing like a 12 year old who uses msn,

i aint buying the album, so my mouth stays on a womans pussy, but hey 'if you wanna suck dick thats your perogative

/jarmo

That's just it dude. But the admins dont seem to give a fuck about their own rules being broken. :rolleyes:

the fact is they haven't announced the new line up, they still play the old songs,so in my opinion they have no identity of there own,

i aint buying the album, so my mouth stays on a womans pussy, but hey 'if you wanna suck dick thats your perogative

How rude you can be sometimes :no:

How rude you can be sometimes :no:

yes i can :rofl-lol: thanks