Why does Guns put out pointless press releases?

Kaneda

this IS guns n roses, this is how they've always been, if u dont like it fuck off n buy somethin from the new age section!

LOL, I think most people have already fucked off, which is why GNR concerts are played to half empty arenas.

I don't think you should be asking any more fans to fuck off, lol.

well fuck em, i'd rather they play school halls than compromise their identity/art. i'll still buy the ticket.

this band is all about compromising there identity :rofl-lol:

My thoughts exactly. They have no identity right now, though that could/should change with an album release.

compromise their identity how?? their last release of their own matierial was the illusion albums n they kicked ass. thats the last shit to judge em by. and for all this changing members shit, guns ALWAYS had a revolving line up, their identity is exactly the same, explain the compromise someone? i could give a motherfuck about promotion, it's the music i care about n i been told thats comin n i believe it. drop this album axl n lemme now how it feels to have this many mouths on ur dick. with a fanbase like this, who needs Mick Wall.

the fact is they haven't announced the new line up, they still play the old songs,so in my opinion they have no identity of there own,

ps- stop writing like a 12 year old who uses msn,

i aint buying the album, so my mouth stays on a womans pussy, but hey 'if you wanna suck dick thats your perogative

How rude you can be sometimes :no:

yes i can :rofl-lol: thanks

u know what the funny thing is? u aint gonna even hafta pay to suck his dick, u'll be doing it for free when the album drops. haven't announced the new line up?? aint it fuckin clear already? rose, fortus, finck, foot, mantia, stintson, pittman, reed???? they dont play only old songs for a start n secondly how bout judgin the shit on how this band plays the "old" songs? p.s. fuck you, i'll type like an 12 yr old if it pleases me Larry, u dont seem to have any trouble interpreting, whats the deal u got expierience with 12 yr olds or what?

Edited by frankwhite

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not know. He just believes every rumour he hears. For example, he thinks he knows the names to the Chinese Democracy follow ups, although this rumours was dismissed as fake a long long time ago.

Yes, and when I found that out, I said that I use those as codenames, rather than viable sources.:) Maybe I should make that more clear though.

Stop dissing start listening.rock3

yup i agree and RedEurope you don't know shit on any of the new gnr songs

Wanna bet on "TWAT" not being the last song on CD later this year?:D

And BTW for what it's worth so you can check my sources the last time I saw that "TWAT" ("No Love Remains") was the closer on CD was in a report in July 2005, the one where Paul Buckmaster hyped up "Prostitute".:)

like ron told me don't beleave every rumor you hear

That's just it dude. But the admins dont seem to give a fuck about their own rules being broken. :rolleyes:

i agree with you

Guns n' Roses PR vs Mydway PR, Kaneda is PR for Midway and he sucks, so he should stfu

I don't get why Guns N Roses continues to release information nobody cares about. Not only do they release unimportant news, but the tone in their press releases is so self serving and unprofessional. It's almost as if they are TRYING SO HARD to convince people that the band is popular and legitimate.

Almost every major act that passes through MSG sells it out, but you don't see them sending out a press release bragging about it. It's almost sad, that GNR needs to toot its own horn so much these days because outside of the GNR camp, the predominant feeling towards Axl's act is negative.

Also, the news everyone wants, the album release date, remains ever elusive. And if 2006 is the year of Chinese D, how can you distribute a press release about the band and NOT EVEN MENTION the album?

I am convinced at this point that nobody is backing this thing, and Axl probably has burned so many bridges that people just refuse to work with him. We've all heard him berate Merk and the stage crew countless times. Would any of us really want to work with Axl on helping him promote the album? These damn press releases are proof that GNR is really failing when it comes to communicating the right message to the media/fans.

So Axl, how well are the other tickets selling? Back in 91, every single venue would have sold out the same day tickets went on sale. NYC has 12 million people and MSG has 20,000 seats, not a very big accomplishment. And in 2002, MSG sold out in 10 minutes, now it took two weeks.

Ok Chris, I think now everybody understood that you're interested in becoming the next Guns 'n Roses PR. But if we look at look at the shitty press release you came with for "NBA Ballers" I think you're not fit for the job :xmasschef2: So at least do your job properly before criticizing others'

Dude, there's a phone number on that page that maybe you shouldn't be giving links to ;)

Monty

Guns n' Roses PR vs Mydway PR, Kaneda is PR for Midway and he sucks, so he should stfu

I don't get why Guns N Roses continues to release information nobody cares about. Not only do they release unimportant news, but the tone in their press releases is so self serving and unprofessional. It's almost as if they are TRYING SO HARD to convince people that the band is popular and legitimate.

Almost every major act that passes through MSG sells it out, but you don't see them sending out a press release bragging about it. It's almost sad, that GNR needs to toot its own horn so much these days because outside of the GNR camp, the predominant feeling towards Axl's act is negative.

Also, the news everyone wants, the album release date, remains ever elusive. And if 2006 is the year of Chinese D, how can you distribute a press release about the band and NOT EVEN MENTION the album?

I am convinced at this point that nobody is backing this thing, and Axl probably has burned so many bridges that people just refuse to work with him. We've all heard him berate Merk and the stage crew countless times. Would any of us really want to work with Axl on helping him promote the album? These damn press releases are proof that GNR is really failing when it comes to communicating the right message to the media/fans.

So Axl, how well are the other tickets selling? Back in 91, every single venue would have sold out the same day tickets went on sale. NYC has 12 million people and MSG has 20,000 seats, not a very big accomplishment. And in 2002, MSG sold out in 10 minutes, now it took two weeks.

Ok Chris, I think now everybody understood that you're interested in becoming the next Guns 'n Roses PR. But if we look at look at the shitty press release you came with for "NBA Ballers" I think you're not fit for the job :xmasschef2: So at least do your job properly before criticizing others'

Well said!

this IS guns n roses, this is how they've always been, if u dont like it fuck off n buy somethin from the new age section!

LOL, I think most people have already fucked off, which is why GNR concerts are played to half empty arenas.

well fuck em, i'd rather they play school halls than compromise their identity/art. i'll still buy the ticket.

My thoughts exactly. They have no identity right now, though that could/should change with an album release.

compromise their identity how?? their last release of their own matierial was the illusion albums n they kicked ass. thats the last shit to judge em by. and for all this changing members shit, guns ALWAYS had a revolving line up, their identity is exactly the same, explain the compromise someone? i could give a motherfuck about promotion, it's the music i care about n i been told thats comin n i believe it. drop this album axl n lemme now how it feels to have this many mouths on ur dick. with a fanbase like this, who needs Mick Wall.

the fact is they haven't announced the new line up, they still play the old songs,so in my opinion they have no identity of there own,

i aint buying the album, so my mouth stays on a womans pussy, but hey 'if you wanna suck dick thats your perogative

u know what the funny thing is? u aint gonna even hafta pay to suck his dick, u'll be doing it for free when the album drops. haven't announced the new line up?? aint it fuckin clear already? rose, fortus, finck, foot, mantia, stintson, pittman, reed???? they dont play only old songs for a start n secondly how bout judgin the shit on how this band plays the "old" songs? p.s. fuck you, i'll type like an 12 yr old if it pleases me Larry, u dont seem to have any trouble interpreting, whats the deal u got expierience with 12 yr olds or what?

it aint clear to people who aint got internet access though is it, :monkey:

ps- how rude you can be sometimes :no:

i aint buying the album anyway' :fuckyou:

if it aint clear to people, that dont mean it isnt what it is. wtf's that got to do with anything, whether they know or not, if they care to, they find out. what possible effect does that have on the end product?

ps - yes i can :rofl-lol: thanks

and u dont hafta buy the album larry, i didnt once say that u should.

if it aint clear to people, that dont mean it isnt what it is. wtf's that got to do with anything, whether they know or not, if they care to, they find out. what possible effect does that have on the end product?

ps - yes i can :rofl-lol: thanks

it makes a difference when they pay good money expecting to see guns n roses' not these guys

why do you keep following me around the forum francesca?

are you obsessed with me ?

Edited by lawrence

ps - yes i can thanks

it makes a difference when they pay good money expecting to see guns n roses' not these guys

oh please, i dont think anyones that stupid that they been expectin to see slash duff et all onstage. following u larry? oh, thats funny, i thought it was u replying to somethin i posted n me not bein able to suffer an asshole gladly. obssessed? oh yeah, can't u tell? :sleeper:

Is it wrong to feel pride in selling out a venue? Regardless of the circumstances, it's an achievement to be celebrated.

When your friend does something that they are proud of, you want to hear about it. You are happy for them. Fuck, good for Guns N' Roses for selling out MSG. Especially SINCE there hasn't been a new record in so long and the new record's release date hasn't been set in stone yet.

Now listen up. Here's my prediction and I hope you like it:

Axl will let us all in on his secret ONCE THE TOUR COMMENCES! For some reason this prediction makes a whole lot of sense to me right now.

PEACE.

Edited by cashpiles

ps - yes i can thanks

oh please, i dont think anyones that stupid that they been expectin to see slash duff et all onstage. following u larry? oh, thats funny, i thought it was u replying to somethin i posted n me not bein able to suffer an asshole gladly. obssessed? oh yeah, can't u tell? :sleeper:

funny how you posted straight after me:rofl-lol:

if you think keep calling me larry offends me your wrong

everyone has the right to be an idiot' but you abuse the privaledge

yyyeeeah7nlay6.gif

ps- you seem very frustrated waiting for this album, shame about that

Edited by lawrence

This is an interesting thread.

The truth is that if Axl and co. do plan on releasing this record anytime this year, it is futile. 4th quarter is the most difficult record release time (much like summer for movies) - lots of high profile, and WELL -PROMOTED competition.

I'm afraid that if they do plan on releasing this record in 2006, everyone is in for a big dissapointment if they don't take care of it correctly.

Bottom line: In 1991, GNR toured the summer before the record came out, and everything was HUGE - but Use Your Illusion was promoted all summer through the Terminator 2 movie's use of "You Could Be Mine" as well as lots of interviews and press.

Guns n' Roses has essentially been on tour for over four years promoting "Chinese Democracy" - with still no single released, not to mention no publicity.

This is not 1991 - it's 2006. Axl is the only original member still in the band. The dude is now in his mid-40's. As is stands right now, I would say that Axl has entered his "Fat Vegas Elvis" period - and it breaks my heart as a long-time fan.

Properly promote the record, or don't release it yet.

It's been so long that most fans already have the leaked music anyway.

This is an interesting thread.

The truth is that if Axl and co. do plan on releasing this record anytime this year, it is futile. 4th quarter is the most difficult record release time (much like summer for movies) - lots of high profile, and WELL -PROMOTED competition.

I'm afraid that if they do plan on releasing this record in 2006, everyone is in for a big dissapointment if they don't take care of it correctly.

Bottom line: In 1991, GNR toured the summer before the record came out, and everything was HUGE - but Use Your Illusion was promoted all summer through the Terminator 2 movie's use of "You Could Be Mine" as well as lots of interviews and press.

Guns n' Roses has essentially been on tour for over four years promoting "Chinese Democracy" - with still no single released, not to mention no publicity.

This is not 1991 - it's 2006. Axl is the only original member still in the band. The dude is now in his mid-40's. As is stands right now, I would say that Axl has entered his "Fat Vegas Elvis" period - and it breaks my heart as a long-time fan.

Properly promote the record, or don't release it yet.

It's been so long that most fans already have the leaked music anyway.

Axl and dizzy reed our the only original members still in the band

Let's get one thing clear.

From now on, if you feel like complaining about the press releases, go somewhere else.

It's fucking boring to read the same few people go on and on about how every press release issued is wrong.

If you don't want to read the press releases, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the words press and release in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how everything sucks.

/jarmo

...and If you don't want to read Kanedas posts, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the word Kaneda in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how Kaneda sucks.

But he shouldn't be allowed to make these threads, he is breaking a rule.

That's just it dude. But the admins dont seem to give a fuck about their own rules being broken. :rolleyes:

Sorry? I must have missed the rule he broke? He constructively criticised, and that's allowed here.

The reality is this:

If Axl doesn't make a well thought out move soon, Guns n' Roses (or, basically - just Axl with the brand of GNR) will be out playing State Fairs and Casinos on the oldies circuit before you know it.

This fall tour without a new album to promote is a horrible idea, and just might end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Sad but true..tour without an album is a big mistake,and this mistake is being made again!

Hillary Duff sold out MSG in 20 minutes last year,how can GNR own NY selling out this venue in 2 weeks?

It's time for a good promotion.Video,single and album releases are essencial by now.

Edited by bucketheadisgod

This band will still play the big festivals over seas and they will still play the big arenas in North America for the simple fact they are a legendary band some people in gear freak out over the smallest things. Most bands that have already established themselves if there coming out with a new record will play a couple of new songs but the remainder of the show are the songs that got them there. For Example the Stones released their album A Bigger Bang and lets face it that wasn't there best work, but people stil bought it and bought concert tickets and when they went and seen them fans heard more of their classics then they heard new songs. And thats what Guns have done for this tour they have played their hits and thrown in a few new songs. Because you have to look at it like this the die hard fans on this board thay buy tickets wanna see an all new setlist with all new material because we all have heard the new songs and enjoyed them but if some guy that only knows Appetite or the Illusion records buys a ticket and dosent know about the new songs he's gonna go to that and enjoy the known classics but when he hears a song like Better or The Blues for the first time he might stand there and think where can i find that thoughs songs aren't that bad.

People will pay to see this band untill the band decides to stop making music and touring so to say that they will be playing State Fairs and Casino's in no time is a little pointless.

the new GnR get only one chance, they can make this brilliant or a huge flop

right now if it is to come out soon, they need something worthwhile done

i mean we waited for a long time with no press releases at all and then they come out with shit like this?

This band will still play the big festivals over seas and they will still play the big arenas in North America for the simple fact they are a legendary band some people in gear freak out over the smallest things. Most bands that have already established themselves if there coming out with a new record will play a couple of new songs but the remainder of the show are the songs that got them there. For Example the Stones released their album A Bigger Bang and lets face it that wasn't there best work, but people stil bought it and bought concert tickets and when they went and seen them fans heard more of their classics then they heard new songs. And thats what Guns have done for this tour they have played their hits and thrown in a few new songs. Because you have to look at it like this the die hard fans on this board thay buy tickets wanna see an all new setlist with all new material because we all have heard the new songs and enjoyed them but if some guy that only knows Appetite or the Illusion records buys a ticket and dosent know about the new songs he's gonna go to that and enjoy the known classics but when he hears a song like Better or The Blues for the first time he might stand there and think where can i find that thoughs songs aren't that bad.

People will pay to see this band untill the band decides to stop making music and touring so to say that they will be playing State Fairs and Casino's in no time is a little pointless.

Yes - we are the hardcore fans. Casual fans are just going to want to hear the classic "Appetite" tracks - but they'll also be wondering where the rest of the band went.

By not releasing new music - Axl is slowly losing his diehards.

By not keeping the "REAL" Guns n' Roses together and hitting the road with what is essentially a solo act - playing mostly songs recorded nearly 20 years ago - he will lose the casual fans...especially by continuing his practice of cancelling/rescheduling dates.