GNR to beat U2, Oasis, Jay-Z and Supernova?

Coma.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His new CD is coming out in mid November and they just had a huge promotion for it by playing his new video during halftime on Monday Night Football.

And I also just noticed the thread about PS3 promotion starting today as well.

Where the FUCK is the GN'R promotion? Do they purposely want to sell less CDs by not promoting it?

I knew some dumbass would make a thread about this, when I saw it on ESPN :laugh:

Kannon.

Why am I a dumbass? Because I speak the truth?

Fuck off, asshole.

You speak what "truth" dumbfuck!? There's been a million threads about "Why isn't GN'R promoting the album." The J-Z shit has already been discussed, A LOT! Try coming to the board and posting more often, so you can have a better sense of what's going on. Stupid fucking noob.

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

I knew some dumbass would make a thread about this, when I saw it on ESPN :laugh:

Kannon.

Fuck off, asshole.

Rule 1 of the forum, dont rip on mets fans.

GNR has no promotion? They have radio ads all over, they have to get their name back into the public eye before announcing the cd is coming out, calm down, it will come out this year.

Kannon.

Fuck off, asshole.

GNR has no promotion? They have radio ads all over, they have to get their name back into the public eye before announcing the cd is coming out, calm down, it will come out this year.

Local radio spots promoting specific concerts is a good things. However, we're not talking about that. We're talking about a broader campaign to promote the album.

but still it could be a december release... so he might not even have to promo it yet.. also maybe , this album EVERYONE knows about and say it will never come out, just think of the promo it will get if it just comes out w/ no promo... would be still huge, i mean a GH cd of gnr sells millions, NEW material would sell alot more.. cmon

Kannon.

Fuck off, asshole.

I AM a Mets fan. Born and raised in NY.

And ads on local radio stations for local shows isn't exactly promotion for Chinese Democracy. What about all the fans in the thousands of other cities in North America that don't have a local show being played during this tour? They sure as fuck won't hear those local radio ads.

Kannon.

Fuck off, asshole.

No, shit head. Jay-Z has NOTHING to do with GNR.

F'n tool.

You all know about Jay-Z's comeback album, and how it's gonna crush "Chi Dem" out of the top spot.

But now a new twist! Gilby & the boys are releasing "Supernova" on November 21st!

uh-oh.

That's not even mentioning U2 & Oasis & their Greatest Hits/Best Of...'s

All of the other albums are gonna get hardcore promotion....

I hope for a new release date, cos' I don't want to see guns crushed by mainstream bands.

Adnan made basically this exact same thread a few days ago.

ABout the "Supernova" album and how it will outsell Chinese Democacy? (Not in the long run though).

The point is, Chinese Democracy has to be #1.

If it's not, it's a joke.

Adnan made basically this exact same thread a few days ago.

ABout the "Supernova" album and how it will outsell Chinese Democacy? (Not in the long run though).

The point is, Chinese Democracy has to be #1.

If it's not, it's a joke.

I disagree. An album can pick up a ton of steam by word of mouth alone. Besides, November 21st was a rumour only. It just had to be overanalyzed in a 10-pager to the point that we now somehow believe in this pseudo-release date.

So what if it is shit? Jay-z's album probably will be shit too and it will still sell extremely well. You think the youth of today are a discerning lot when it comes to music?

From a marketing standpoint it would be bad and I think Universal know that. I would be surprised if they did anything that dumb by releasing CD head to head with Jay-Z's album...