Chinese Democracy TV ad/promo Sightings

Axl Rose aka God

Just saw a commercial for the michigan show! Was on ESPN.

What was it like? Low quality local?

Yeah it was a low quality local type thing.. you could tell the footage wasn't "prime" if you know what I mean? But they used recent concert footage from the bands current tour in europe I suppose. They played night train through it, the AFD one, and synched it with the band playing it live.

That's cool. It'll be interesting to see how much they'll be promoting in other cities over the next few weeks.

Yeah I forgot to mention.. It said stuff about legacy and blah blah that was mentioned earlier in an MTV article thing. Plus it explicitly called this tour

"The Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Can you upload it to Youtube by any chance?

Sorry man I didn't tape it or anything.. caught me by surprise you know? I was just watching sportscenter and BAM it popped up. I'm not bs'ing or anything so please don't think that.

This would also support GNR's partnership with MLB.. as ESPN was doing baseball analysis around the time of the commercial.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a commercial for the michigan show! Was on ESPN.

What was it like? Low quality local?

Yeah it was a low quality local type thing.. you could tell the footage wasn't "prime" if you know what I mean? But they used recent concert footage from the bands current tour in europe I suppose. They played night train through it, the AFD one, and synched it with the band playing it live.

That's cool. It'll be interesting to see how much they'll be promoting in other cities over the next few weeks.

Yeah I forgot to mention.. It said stuff about legacy and blah blah that was mentioned earlier in an MTV article thing. Plus it explicitly called this tour

"The Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Can you upload it to Youtube by any chance?

Sorry man I didn't tape it or anything.. caught me by surprise you know? I was just watching sportscenter and BAM it popped up. I'm not bs'ing or anything so please don't think that.

This would also support GNR's partnership with MLB.. as ESPN was doing baseball analysis around the time of the commercial.

I absolutely believe you, just would be nice to see how GNR are promoting this tour/album.

On KROQ I've heard ads for the Chinese Democracy tour with the "Legacy continues" stuff mentioned in, and a bunch of old songs playing in the background (Rocket Queen, WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City).

I wonder if these TV ads (if they actually exist) are that same thing, just with some clips over the voice.

Have you guys seen that commercial that says............

"a fresh kidney from 1 day waiting list 50,000 dollars , a heart from prisoner alive 60,000 dollars.....human life is priceless, BUT NOT IN CHINA! ....help stop the Falun Gong." ........

you think this is GN'R ralated? :suspicious::suspicious:

Kannon.

"a fresh kidney from 1 day waiting list 50,000 dollars , a heart from prisoner alive 60,000 dollars.....human life is priceless, BUT NOT IN CHINA! ....help stop the Falun Gong." ........

Kannon.

:blink: no

Kannon.

This is some kind of sick ironic joke, that ultimately demonstrates the level of ignorance in America about the actual political climate of China.

I saw a TV commercial for Wembley 29th and 30th back in June (it was actually during the Channel 4 Download Highlights). It showed footage of Axl in the music videos, particuarly Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City :)

Edited by LCG

I went to the movies tonight and saw a GN'R commercial for the Cleveland show. It wasn't a preview in the movie or anything. It was in the lobby area and they had a smaller TV that just ran advertisements and I caught the tail end of the GN'R one. It showed footage of the band playing live, then showed Axl up close singing. It was from the European Tour. Then it said Guns n' Roses and the show info etc. It kinda caught me by surprise. It was at a Regal theater if that matters.