Why the lack of Use Your Illusion songs?

drudrewdizzy

Well, it is better than the Illusions, and his most famous songs are on his myspace, so that's probably why. I've got nothing against the Illusions, I think they're amazing albums, but I think AfD is the best album ever recorded.

I think some songs from the Illusions, especially UYI 2 could replace songs from AFD.

Well, it is better than the Illusions, and his most famous songs are on his myspace, so that's probably why. I've got nothing against the Illusions, I think they're amazing albums, but I think AfD is the best album ever recorded.

I think some songs from the Illusions, especially UYI 2 could replace songs from AFD.

Only a couple like You Could Be Mine or Damn Me or something because they are two COMPLETELY different styles of music. AfD is harder rock, and faster paced. The Illusion albums are slower and more meldoic(if that's a word). They'd take away what AfD really was.

I don't think they could really play them well. UYI songs are very intense, and you can see that by how they play November Rain and You Could Be Mine. Too out of place for them to play that. Only Gn'R could play them since they were the ones to write it, these guys play totally differently and a bit too differently unfortunately, to be able to play them any good. But that's just my opinion.

I don't think they could really play them well. UYI songs are very intense, and you can see that by how they play November Rain and You Could Be Mine. Too out of place for them to play that. Only Gn'R could play them since they were the ones to write it, these guys play totally differently and a bit too differently unfortunately, to be able to play them any good. But that's just my opinion.

You have a very valid point.

I'm a fan of the Illusions, more so than Appetite, so I'm slightly biased anyway. But most of the Illusions stuff is very technical. Saying that, the band members are exceptional artists in their own right and I would expect them to be able to pull them off.

I think Axl's voice can cope better with the AFD songs than the UYI songs. Maybe that's a bit too simple, but could be one reason.

The other one is that the songs are faster on AFD and these ones go down better live. There's already NR and Patience in the set, plus the blues, and for a rock band that's probably enough slow ones.... esopecially if they're going to be adding more of these songs to the set.

GNR are often criticised for their songs being too long (on the UYI albums especially) so I guess the shorter songs are the way to go, which are largely from AFD.

LP

Perhaps because the last big Guns tour was the UYI tour and Axl just wanted a change.

Apart from MM(?), TAY and OTGM, they played all the songs the new line up played, plus RQ almost every show which the new line-up doesn't play as often, so it's only really 2 songs more than they usually played.

LP

put the crack pipe down and slowly walk away.

i notice less and less songs from the UYI set being played or promoted. (not much new stuff on video sites such as youube.com and only appetite on GNR's myspace) Has anything to do w/ the collective talents of the old members owning some rights to the songs?

I just knew you were a newbie. :P

Axl really isn't that big a fan of the UYI albums. He's said on occasions before how the system of recording just didn't work and that the album suffered as a consequences. It was something to do with how so many ideas came in from all the different band members and they all tried to make them blend together, rather than just going with the best one.

Besides, Appetite For Destruction is the best album ever. Use Your Illusions are good, but are miles behind Appetite For Destruction. I wouldn't mind 'Civil War' or 'The Garden' being added to the set, though.

Because the band rehearsed the AFD songs. They probably don't know the Illusion songs, and what's the point of learning the entire back catologue, when they are working on new stuff?

exactly.

true and also they arent gonna go through like 15 UYI songs, 8 AFD songs and like 5 more songs from other albums and the CD songs in one gig.