My email to KFAN AM Radio.

Almost Famous

I just find it ridiculous when so called Guns n' Roses - Fans bitch about Slash and Slashs playing.

The facts are:

- Slash made at least a few good and decent records (he actually won a grammy for contraband)

- Axl made nothing ... oh wait, yes, he released the masterpiece "oh my god"

- Slash is not getting bashed by the media, because of he is playing

- Axl is ... okay I think you know what I mean!

I really like Axl and I'm looking forward to Chinese Democracy, but it is completely unnecessary to bash former band members (especially Slash) only to cast a positive light on NewGnR.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it ridiculous when so called Guns n' Roses - Fans bitch about Slash and Slashs playing.

The facts are:

- Slash made at least a few good and decent records (he actually won a grammy for contraband)

- Axl made nothing ... oh wait, yes, he released the masterpiece "oh my god"

- Slash is not getting bashed by the media, because of he is playing

- Axl is ... okay I think you know what I mean!

I really like Axl and I'm looking forward to Chinese Democracy, but it is completely unnecessary to bash former band members (especially Slash) only to cast a positive light on NewGnR.

great post :)

And that's why the letter won't have the desired effect. You can't win people over by bashing the players they like just to make the new players look better...

That kid owns Finck.

Check this out, this kid's been playing for one year. He owns Finck.

pwned

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n45NTTeht3k

LOL - Finck isn't that bad. He's not Slash, but he's not worthless either.

JerryC ain't a 'kid'. He's 25 :book:

And also that other kid who plays a few slash solos...he isn't close to Finck; that's just stupid.

Robin Finck is the definitive lead guitarist as far as Guns N' Roses is concerned.

How can you say that when he doesn't play all of the leads? He's much better than he was 4 years ago, but he is not THE definitive lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses (though he could be sometime in the future).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hX_Mn4ih9s

that is why!

The sad thing is that he hasn't improved that much since the 2002 tour.

:no:

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Thats not going to help your case at all dude...

rock1 First of all i agree with everything but reason 6.....thats aload of shit buddy..the best thing about velvet revolver is SLASH his playin was awesome on the vr record!! you didnt give it a chance..his playin and emotion was up to gnr par but the the (Mr. scott Weilands) lryrics fuckin sucked on half thr record!! dont bash SLASH!! oh yeah i seen VR on hallowewen night 2004 and the fuckin rocked..however you dont nrrd to bash VR to build up the NEW(GNR)!!!! JMO>>

The letter would have been better if you just stuck to the FACTS, and forget about your opinions on Slash. Your attempt to sound mature and well-versed was diminiished by your lack of objectivity toward only 1 former member of the band. If you're going to trash Slash, you should have gone all the way and went for Duff and Steven too. Guess it's a good thing Izzy's been around. otherwise he would be another target for people too. :rolleyes:

And despite the negative "spin" put on what Slash has done in the last 10 years. It's still more than what Fortus Finck and BBF have done combined.

dude, bumblefoot has put out like 8 albums in the last 10 years.

Robin Finck has been involved of 2 of the most high-profile bands over the last 20 years putting on kick ass shows and he's recorded almost 3 albums worth of material with Guns over the years.

you axls haters kill me with your constant need to try to discredit the guys who are actually in the band now.

You guys are just stuck in the past. Slash is a has-been. His work in guns n roses wasn't that great anyway, he only had 2 riffs in the top 20 greatest riffs of all time. Big deal.

Better is the next SCOM! Make way for the mighty guitar master Finck. Bumblefoot, Slash, and Buckethead quake in his presence for they know true greatness when they see it.... rock1

And despite the negative "spin" put on what Slash has done in the last 10 years. It's still more than what Fortus Finck and BBF have done combined.

dude, bumblefoot has put out like 8 albums in the last 10 years.

Robin Finck has been involved of 2 of the most high-profile bands over the last 20 years putting on kick ass shows and he's recorded almost 3 albums worth of material with Guns over the years.

you axls haters kill me with your constant need to try to discredit the guys who are actually in the band now.

exactly, nothing. Oh, and you left out Fortus' stint with N*Sync and Nena :lol:

you Axl lovers mildly tickle my shoulder with your constant need to try to discredit the guys who actually made the music you enjoy on CDs DVDs and MP3s, the music the guys you are in love with have to play every show.

Edited by moreblack

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

This is the biggest and most biased pile of horseshit I have yet to read on this forum. Jesus.

You hurt your credibility when you chose to include this in that letter. Like Moreblack said, you can't make your point if you have to bash someone in order to make the band look good. It just weakens your case.

6. Slash:

This is the biggest and most biased pile of horseshit I have yet to read on this forum. Jesus.

You hurt your credibility when you chose to include this in that letter. Like Moreblack said, you can't make your point if you have to bash someone in order to make the band look good. It just weakens your case.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am a big New GN'R fan. That doesn't mean I'm not a Slash fan. Just because Slash isn't in the band, doesn't mean he's a bad player. Not at all.

Slash is still one of the best guitarist on the planet and the material he has played over the past few years is top notch. If you can't agree with this, you'd better take Axl's dick out of your mouth.

Like I said, just because I am a Slash and VR fan, doesn't mean I can't like GN'R. But putting down the musicians who wrote the songs the people you worship play every night is dumb and plain stupid.

Almost Famous, there are ways of letting people know this band is worth itself without bashing Slash. Let people know what their live shows are. Let them know how good the players are. Just don't say anybody of the classic lineup sucks/sucked, because they don't/didn't.

well bashing slash just makes you look stupid!oh and to the fuckin guy who said slash wasnt that great anyway and 2 riffs in the top 20 riffs of all time YOUR A FUCKIN IDOT PERIOD!!Sorry but its true..

agree. that was the MOST STUPID thing said in this forum...eva!! more stupid than the A_D statements.