My email to KFAN AM Radio.

Almost Famous

well bashing slash just makes you look stupid!oh and to the fuckin guy who said slash wasnt that great anyway and 2 riffs in the top 20 riffs of all time YOUR A FUCKIN IDOT PERIOD!!Sorry but its true..

agree. that was the MOST STUPID thing said in this forum...eva!! more stupid than the A_D statements.

SylvesterStallone was just joking. Goddamnit.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well bashing slash just makes you look stupid!oh and to the fuckin guy who said slash wasnt that great anyway and 2 riffs in the top 20 riffs of all time YOUR A FUCKIN IDOT PERIOD!!Sorry but its true..

agree. that was the MOST STUPID thing said in this forum...eva!! more stupid than the A_D statements.

SylvesterStallone was just joking. Goddamnit.

kids theese days dont know sarcasm...

I love Slash he may be a little sloppy compared to some of the greats but when it comes to writing a kick ass rock song none of the others can touch him. This is why it pains me to say that I thinkl this new group of guitarists IS indeed tighter and the guitar tracks on the new songs we have heard are sounding better than those before.

Slash still has it too more than any other guitarist out there. It is the only reason those VR songs made it to radio and that band is working on a second album.

Edited by A_Little_Patience

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Very well said....

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Very well said....

indeed

Point 6 is just wrong....

Why? :lol:

unless he tops his work with GNR....then I'll say point 6 is wrong!

tell then, point 6 describes him fairly well in my opinion!

Why does he need to top anything? The fact is, he did it. Until his replacements can top HIM, the point is invalid.

I love how while he discredits Slash, he says he only listened to the first 4 songs on Contrband and he never went back, thats a good example of where hardcore New Guns N' Roses fans get the idea Slash hasnt been as good over the years, and I dont know if anybody will believe this but I can easily relate.

Back when I first got into guns I checked out the Snakepit albums because I loved Slash's guitar work with GNR. I downloaded Aint Life Grand and played Been There Lately... within seconds I hated it and I dubbed the album crap. I hated the vocals anf the funky wah shit, it wasnt "Welcome To The Jungle" enough for me.

That was back when I listened to nothing but Guns N' Roses, and it took me awhile to get back into it, but I did and now its one of my favorite albums, it just takes a little growing, and for me it wasnt much at all.

Slash defanetly hasnt been on a decline since he left GNR. Listen to his solos on Landslide, Good To Be Alive, Serial Killer, Beggers and Hangers On(Some of his best work ever here), Loving The Alien, Fall To Pieces, Sucker Train Blues, Slither, You Got No Right... fuck, thats not even all of them, and its not enough for some of you. You know why? Because you havent given them a chance! If you liked Slash's work on the Guns N' Roses songs, I dont see how you wouldnt like his work on tracks he did outside of GNR, oh yeah, Axl aint singing :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GOjnR64VA

This is as kick ass as anything he did on AFD besides Sweet Child O Mine, this is Slash in a nutshell right here, and it fucking rocks.

If you say you like Guns N' Roses guitar parts and you dont like the guitar parts on this song, I garuntee you its because you dont like the singer.

What do you guys think? Don't bash, as it's a waste of time since this is based on my opinion as I stated above.

Well I agree with you for the first 5 reasons. 'cause really. Slahs still puts on fantastic riffs and make very good songs. I can admit I think many of his solos has lost a little but that didn't happen 1993. I happened when he joined VR - 'till then his records are terrific. Escpecially Ain't Life Grand is a totally awsome record imo. Serial Killer is one of the best songs ever. The guitarwork on the record (and several of the songs as whole) are on par with any Guns n Roses song. I agree that Contraband isn't really a good record but the riffs are actually very good.

Edited by evil_l

What do you guys think? Don't bash, as it's a waste of time since this is based on my opinion as I stated above.

No offense, but first you ask other people's opinions, but then you ask that they don't criticise it. If you don't want criticism, then you're best off not posting it on a GN'R forum.

Anyway, i'd be offering a lot of criticism, so i'll shut up. I agree with the umbrella of your point, just not the way you worded it, or the things you said about Slash.

i'll end this now,slash is a legend,is loved,cant changed that,and all the anti -slash ppl would still love him if he ws in the band still. its ok to like more than one band,you can supprt gnr and vr, its not a crime, itll never be like uyi days,but we got what we got and its better than nothing,we're all into rock, we dont havet o "take sides "like in silly rap battles.

also music isnt like sports, he can still play,its not when a nba guy cant play at his level, axl and slash brought hte best out of each other, vr isnt given a fair chance in this forum,anyone axl hates,yall hate,kinda lame. i went to see motley,i had fun, vr was cool, etc,its ooooooookkkkkkkayyy. the neg feedback is gonna be there till axl does somethin,so just laff at the jokes.

Edited by cuneo77

i don't think the Slash stuff should have been included I think what makes the current Gnr good has nothing to do with Slash and it just looks like you putting one down to make the other look good. There are allot of us whom love Axl & Slash peace love & happiness :heart:

i'll end this now,slash is a legend,is loved,cant changed that,and all the anti -slash ppl would still love him if he ws in the band still.

Legend? Hendrix is a legend. Cobain is a legend. Lennon is a legend. Clapton is a legend. Guitarist who know how to use the guitar to get their message accross to the world.

Slash's just a dumb guitarist with nothing to offer except a lot of distorted riffs. He's not even at Angus Young's or Joe Perry's level yet.