My email to KFAN AM Radio.

Almost Famous

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be? Did Slash really lose his touch? I would suggest the author of this thread view the following..

Performance at the UK Hall of Fame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4XdlErz8M...ted&search=

Solo from Street Child:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS5tHxZNPCw

-Kickingthehabit

Hey, Joe! Look it's Carlos Santana playing your song!

Seriously, Slash is a Carlos Santana wannabe in those videos ...

Could it be? Did Slash really lose his touch? I would suggest the author of this thread view the following..

Performance at the UK Hall of Fame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4XdlErz8M...ted&search=

Solo from Street Child:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS5tHxZNPCw

-Kickingthehabit

Hey, Joe! Look it's Carlos Santana playing your song!

Seriously, Slash is a Carlos Santana wannabe in those videos ...

Ok. Because any soulful, bluesy playing must be a direct rip off of Santana. :sleeper:

Edited by highvoltage

Slash hasn't "lost it". His Snakepit stuff is as good as anything he did with GnR, the only difference is he doesn't have Axl singing over it.

And even though it isn't Slash's best work, Robin Finck could only fuckin DREAM of guitar playing as good as he does Contraband.

The fact that this board has turned into a place where you have to hate Axl or Slash or fucking Finck is such a fucking shame.

Slash with Axl helped build the most dangerous band on earth, creating riffs that will go down in history and to say Finck is better than him is well fucking laughable, i love Finck, the look , the playing the energy but he is not better than Slash and has not contributed on the same level to music ( yet ).

Im no longer interested in Slash but do not hate him, i do appreciate the fact that he can be labled a guitar god by most fans and has earned that.

I love wathcing Finck but technicaly he is not at the level he should be, it may come with more time but he is not on the same level as say BF, Fortus, or even Slash.Still the energy he puts into shows makes up for that.

To diss Slash is so fucking bad considering what he gave us.

To diss Finck is also bad, he is GnR and staying and a joy to watch.

Im not sure however that AF was dissing, seemed more like giving an opinion in an adult way and some dislike the opinion?

So yesterday at work my boss told me about KFAN AM radio ragging on this lineup and told me to email 'em n' put in my input about why they should go see this show.

Here is the email. Remember people, this is my opinion!

Hello there,

My boss mentioned to me that you were ragging on Guns N' Roses not being Guns N' Roses without Slash. Well, first off, let me introduce myself, I've been a fan of Guns N' Roses my whole life, I'm 17 now. Anyways, I've always been a die hard Guns N' Roses fan, I've got every live audio recording released so far, and a number of concerts in video/DVD. I've listened to each and everyone, and have came up with reasons to go and see this band live.

My Boss told me to either call or e-mail you guys about this little 'ragging' of the new band.

So, without further ado, here is my top 6 reasons why this upcoming concert at the Target Center would be worth going to.

1. Axl Rose's voice:

Currently, his vocals are the best that they've been at since December of 1991 to January of 1992. His voice was shot through out most of the two and a half year Use Your Illusion tour. During their 'stint' during 2002, Axl's voice was not up to par, he sounded more so like an early 1984/1985 Axl. In 2006, Axl's vocals are actually the best that they have ever been.

2. Guest appearances by Izzy Stradlin and Sebastain Bach:

Axl and Izzy got together on stage for the first time since May 30th, 1993, at the final show, May 17th 2006 of the four sold out shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. And, through out the European Tour, from June 11th, 2006 to the final show of the tour, on July 30st 2006 at Wembley Stadium in London, was a guest on anywhere from 3 to 5 songs a night.

Also, Sebastain Bach has been doing a duet with Axl on 'My Michelle'. Baz totally kicks ass on the song. From all the reviews I've read about the shows with Baz and Axl on vocals, almost everyone has said that it's been one of the highlights of the concert.

3. The combination of Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, Robin Finck, and Richard Fortus:

Richard Fortus and Robin Finck are the two tightest guitarist's in any band right now. They've both got amazing onstage charisma, and they're tighter then Slash n' Izzy were back in their heyday. Also, with the recent addition of Ron Thal, the three of them are the most talented, close nit guitarists currently out there. Ron's got amazing abilities, he's got the talent of Slash, and the ability to shred like ex-guitarist Buckethead.

Robin Finck worked with Nine Inch Nails and Cirque Du Soleil in the past. His got an on-stage presence that matches the likes of Angus Young. Richard Fortus did a lot of session work back before replacing longtime friend of Axl's and guitarist, Paul 'Huge' Tobias. Since the addition of Richard in the summer of 2002, Guns N' Roses have became even better. Richard and Robin are today's Slash and Izzy. They're a great team together.

4. A highly successful European Tour.

The European Tour consisted of a number of festival shows, including Download Festival at Castle Donnington, Gods Of Metal in Milan, Italy, Rock In Rio 2006, and the NovaRock festival.

This tour included 10 sold out shows, and was the most successful tour in the UK during the summer. This tour was the best tour for Guns N' Roses since the 1987/1988 tour for Appetite For Destruction. No riots like in 1991 and 1992, no walk offs in the middle of the show (There was one, but an audience member kept throwing shit at Axl after being told not to, but the show was ended without an encore. They finished their normal set, and skipped the two song encore, so that doesn't really count.)

Also, songs that haven't been played in years, for example Used To Love Her was played a few times during the tour.

And, we can't forget the live performances of some of the material from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy. (Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Better, IRS, There Was A Time and Madagascar)

5. May 12,14,15, and 17 shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.

Well, the shows speak for themselves, seeing as they sold out in under 3 minutes. If no one wanted to see GnR because they don't have Slash, why would there be 10 sold out shows during the European Tour, and the 4 NYC shows selling out in under 3 minutes?

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Media to help prove my point even more then already stated above:

Videos from Download Festival, Donnington, England can be found on the bands official website. I would link to the videos, but I can not.

So, go to www.gunsnroses.com and then click on watch video. There is three videos there, My Michelle featuring Sebastain Bach, Paradise City featuring Izzy, and Nightrain, also with Izzy Stradlin.

And, some audio; these are tracks that were leaked onto the Internet in February. (Please do not spread this link, I am hosting it on my own web space and I only have a small amount of bandwidth per month)

LINK Removed.

If you need some live stuff to even further prove my point, give me an address and I'll send out the complete recording of Download Festival, recorded from Axl's Monitor feed.

Hope you enjoyed the read;

Alex Anderson, a 17 year old die hard GnR fan from Bloomington.

What do you guys think? Don't bash, as it's a waste of time since this is based on my opinion as I stated above.

Well ....

I disagree.

It's sort of funny how different people have different opinions on one reality

1* axl lost his vioce - period!

His scream in VMA's was nothing more than embarrassing.

That's a pity & I feel for him 'cos once he was amazing.

2* Slash lost none of his bad ass riffs.

Just listen carefully to tracks 1, 10, 11, 12 & more on VR record.

There is some guitar work I'd love to hear on new GN'R record instead.

Nothing on leaks maybe except TWAT (which might be Slash work anyway) is close to that.

And it makes me laugh when people say BBF or Bucket are better than Slash (Fink is out of equation).

Well technically maybe although I'm not so sure.

But when it comes to coming up with messy rock tunes that will complement the whole song through all it's length they not in the same league.

And they have nothing to show really what might contest any of Slash work.

And when it comes to stage presence you have all the old stuff on DVD an so on so I just can't understand how one can say Fink, Fortus or BBF is even close to mayestro Slash.

Slash has same charisma, fame & recognition as Axl even now

New GN'R are just Axl's backing band

They can't speak of the new album they're paid by axl to do their job etc....

It's not a real band!

3* Regarding this years tour.

People did not come to see new GN'R or hear new songs or new album (there's no any for aaaa ... 14 years?)

They came to hear old classics written by certain Slash

And they came 'cos they a lil' bit curious what's going with GN'R nowadays.

In terms of attendance on concerts it's nowhere near as it was with real GN'R.

sold out 5 000 seater is different story to sold out stadium

and anticipation, expectation, yearning for 'new GN'R' is much lower than back in a days

That's because most of old GN'R fans don't belive Axl is capable of amazing record on his own

even with good session musicians like BH to help.

But you're only 17 so you cannot remember how it was in late 80's & early 90's.

Belive me it was much different & better.

Edited by Iras

So yesterday at work my boss told me about KFAN AM radio ragging on this lineup and told me to email 'em n' put in my input about why they should go see this show.

Here is the email. Remember people, this is my opinion!

Hello there,

My boss mentioned to me that you were ragging on Guns N' Roses not being Guns N' Roses without Slash. Well, first off, let me introduce myself, I've been a fan of Guns N' Roses my whole life, I'm 17 now. Anyways, I've always been a die hard Guns N' Roses fan, I've got every live audio recording released so far, and a number of concerts in video/DVD. I've listened to each and everyone, and have came up with reasons to go and see this band live.

My Boss told me to either call or e-mail you guys about this little 'ragging' of the new band.

So, without further ado, here is my top 6 reasons why this upcoming concert at the Target Center would be worth going to.

1. Axl Rose's voice:

Currently, his vocals are the best that they've been at since December of 1991 to January of 1992. His voice was shot through out most of the two and a half year Use Your Illusion tour. During their 'stint' during 2002, Axl's voice was not up to par, he sounded more so like an early 1984/1985 Axl. In 2006, Axl's vocals are actually the best that they have ever been.

2. Guest appearances by Izzy Stradlin and Sebastain Bach:

Axl and Izzy got together on stage for the first time since May 30th, 1993, at the final show, May 17th 2006 of the four sold out shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. And, through out the European Tour, from June 11th, 2006 to the final show of the tour, on July 30st 2006 at Wembley Stadium in London, was a guest on anywhere from 3 to 5 songs a night.

Also, Sebastain Bach has been doing a duet with Axl on 'My Michelle'. Baz totally kicks ass on the song. From all the reviews I've read about the shows with Baz and Axl on vocals, almost everyone has said that it's been one of the highlights of the concert.

3. The combination of Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, Robin Finck, and Richard Fortus:

Richard Fortus and Robin Finck are the two tightest guitarist's in any band right now. They've both got amazing onstage charisma, and they're tighter then Slash n' Izzy were back in their heyday. Also, with the recent addition of Ron Thal, the three of them are the most talented, close nit guitarists currently out there. Ron's got amazing abilities, he's got the talent of Slash, and the ability to shred like ex-guitarist Buckethead.

Robin Finck worked with Nine Inch Nails and Cirque Du Soleil in the past. His got an on-stage presence that matches the likes of Angus Young. Richard Fortus did a lot of session work back before replacing longtime friend of Axl's and guitarist, Paul 'Huge' Tobias. Since the addition of Richard in the summer of 2002, Guns N' Roses have became even better. Richard and Robin are today's Slash and Izzy. They're a great team together.

4. A highly successful European Tour.

The European Tour consisted of a number of festival shows, including Download Festival at Castle Donnington, Gods Of Metal in Milan, Italy, Rock In Rio 2006, and the NovaRock festival.

This tour included 10 sold out shows, and was the most successful tour in the UK during the summer. This tour was the best tour for Guns N' Roses since the 1987/1988 tour for Appetite For Destruction. No riots like in 1991 and 1992, no walk offs in the middle of the show (There was one, but an audience member kept throwing shit at Axl after being told not to, but the show was ended without an encore. They finished their normal set, and skipped the two song encore, so that doesn't really count.)

Also, songs that haven't been played in years, for example Used To Love Her was played a few times during the tour.

And, we can't forget the live performances of some of the material from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy. (Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Better, IRS, There Was A Time and Madagascar)

5. May 12,14,15, and 17 shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.

Well, the shows speak for themselves, seeing as they sold out in under 3 minutes. If no one wanted to see GnR because they don't have Slash, why would there be 10 sold out shows during the European Tour, and the 4 NYC shows selling out in under 3 minutes?

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Media to help prove my point even more then already stated above:

Videos from Download Festival, Donnington, England can be found on the bands official website. I would link to the videos, but I can not.

So, go to www.gunsnroses.com and then click on watch video. There is three videos there, My Michelle featuring Sebastain Bach, Paradise City featuring Izzy, and Nightrain, also with Izzy Stradlin.

And, some audio; these are tracks that were leaked onto the Internet in February. (Please do not spread this link, I am hosting it on my own web space and I only have a small amount of bandwidth per month)

LINK Removed.

If you need some live stuff to even further prove my point, give me an address and I'll send out the complete recording of Download Festival, recorded from Axl's Monitor feed.

Hope you enjoyed the read;

Alex Anderson, a 17 year old die hard GnR fan from Bloomington.

What do you guys think? Don't bash, as it's a waste of time since this is based on my opinion as I stated above.

Well ....

I disagree.

2* Slash lost none of his bad ass riffs.

Just listen carefully to tracks 1, 10, 11, 12 & more on VR record.

There is some guitar work I'd love to hear on new GN'R record instead.

Nothing on leaks maybe except TWAT (which might be Slash work anyway) is close to that.

And it makes me laugh when people say BBF or Bucket are better than Slash (Fink is out of equation).

Well technically maybe although I'm not so sure.

But when it comes to coming up with messy rock tunes that will complement the whole song through all it's length they not in the same league.

And they have nothing to show really what might contest any of Slash work.

And when it comes to stage presence you have all the old stuff on DVD an so on so I just can't understand how one can say Fink, Fortus or BBF is even close to mayestro Slash.

Slash has same charisma, fame & recognition as Axl even now

New GN'R are just Axl's backing band

3* Regarding this years tour.

People did not come to see new GN'R or hear new songs or new album (there's no any for aaaa ... 14 years?)

They came to hear old classics writen by certain Slash

And they came 'cos they a lil' bit curious what's going with GN'R nowadays.

In terms of attendance on concerts it's nowhere near as it was with real GN'R.

sold out 5 000 seater is different story to sold out stadium

and anticipation, expectation, yearning for 'new GN'R' is much lower than back in a days

That's because most of old GN'R fans don't belive Axl is capable of amazing record on his own

even with good session musicians like BH to help.

But you're only 17 so you cannot remember how it was in late 80's & early 90's.

Belive me it was much different & better.

And yet, your monkey ass is posting in the section of the forum dedicated to Axl and the current line up of GUNS N' ROSES.

I didnt even bother reading the whole freakin thread.

Both Snakepit albums rock, they even kick Contraband's ass. I listen to Snakepit when I want to listen to Slash.

Edited by FunkyMonk

This thread is called DISCUSSION & NEWS

I don't think it means new line up only

Learn to use your brain 'for saying something

The fact that we have an Ex members section kind of gives you a clue that its for current GnR ;)

Exactly. There is a Past section, and an ex member section. Iras, get a clue you fucking idiot.

Not really

When someone posts his opinion and asks for others like the guy who started this thread

He knows there'll be some people who agree & disagree

The latter will always bring old band into comparison

When I see hooray for tolerance!s like you who cannot take any crtitisism and different opinions I must say that you are extremely simple minded

Edited by Iras

Well ....

I disagree.

First of all - well done for quoting his whole post again - that was necessary....

Secondly, you're basing ONE performance to determine how good his voice is today?

Yes it was bad in the 2002 VMA's as well, but it was also bad in Rock in Rio 1991, does that mean his voice was that bad all the way through the old bands reign? No. I didn't read anymore of your post because after that you're not looking at the whole picture.

As for the rest of the Slash & VR V's Finck and Axl bullshit.... it's painful and unnescessary.

I love Slash, the work he did in GnR is brilliant and I will never slag the guy off. The fact that slash is not as good or is even better than he was in GnR has no relevance to how I feel about the GnR of today. So I don't mention it.

There was also some point about "if you don't like snakepit or VR then you suck Axl's dick..." Well I'm sorry but I love slash and have listened to his post-GNR work and I'm afraid to say I don't like it. That's not because Axl isn't singing on it etc... and I'm sure the solo's are great, but to me songs are more than just a riff, more than just a voice etc... so if a shit song has a great riff then it's a waste of a riff and I won't like it.

Doesn't mean if Axl was singing on the shit song I would like it, so I resent the fact that I HAVE to be an Axl-ite and/or a slash hater just because I could give 2 shits about VR. I hope their next album is brilliant, but if I don't think it is brilliant it's not because I'm up Axl's ass.

To the original post... some good points, but stick to what makes this band great without Slash, because whatever slash is doing is irrelevant.

The other thing is that Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff (and Steven/Mat) wrote the original GnR stuff. I don't know why it has to be Slash getting the credit. I think the old GnR fans need to remember that there was more than just slash in that band, as good as he was.

LP

Edited by Longpig

Axl voice

All concerts available on net, show I was on, VMA's, leaks.....

What more do I need to say he sounds like Mickey Mouse these days???

Having seen the band four times over the summer and once in 02, i can say you are wrong, the VMAs was a bad bad thing to watch but this summer he was in great form and the voice was out of this world.

Did you get a chance to see them live?

Axl voice

All concerts available on net, show I was on, VMA's, leaks.....

What more do I need to say he sounds like Mickey Mouse these days???

You're either lying, stupid or haven't seen a concert from 2006.

You watched the inland invasion concert?

By the way it features the best version of Madagascar, IMO

LP

Yes I saw them live this year

And to put it straight I'm not Axl hater

I just really think he lost his rasp for good which sucks ass

That's why I wrote I felt sorry for him

Ok mate if that's your opinion, but I'm pretty confused.... I feel like you're trying to convince me that I don't know my name or something.... because the rasp is back (I'm not talking in the Tokyo DVD rasp sense - where his voice is fucked).

Anyway....

Not really

When someone posts his opinion and asks for others like the guy who started this thread

He knows there'll be some people who agree & disagree

The latter will always bring old band into comparison

When I see hooray for tolerance!s like you who cannot take any crtitisism and different opinions I must say that you are extremely simple minded

I'm simple minded? You are the one that can't get it into your fucking skull, that if you don't like the fucking band, or the singer, you have no reason to be posting here.

Get it now?

Yeah, you tell him F*ck Fear! You're a badass!!!

This guy Iras is such dumbass! If you're gonna talk about past band members, go in the ex-gunners section or the VR section!

Wait, unless you're gonna talk about past gunners but bash them, if you're gonna do that, then do it in the current section, because even if they aren't in the current band we're still allowed to bash them whether its in the ex-gunners board or not!

But if you're gonna compliment current members then do it somewhere else, jackass!

Edited by OTHAFA