The Four Tops

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

topscx8.gif

They were so much meatier than their contemporaries. Levi Stubbs was probably Motown's best answer to Southern Soul. And how could you not love songs like "Bernadette"?

topscx8.gif

They were so much meatier than their contemporaries. Levi Stubbs was probably Motown's best answer to Southern Soul. And how could you not love songs like "Bernadette"?

I prefer 'The Temptations' in terms of meat. Lyrically, 'The Platters' had some very heavy stuff.

Edited by Ions

Loco in Acapulco :lol: n how can u not love build me up buttercup?

Buttercup was the Foundations

but yeah,The Four Tops were amazing,not my fav Motown act though...but Standing In The Shadows of Love is definitely one of my favs!

Levi Stubbs...that's one powerful voice!!..he's perfect as the voice for the man eating plant in the Little Shop of Hororrs remake!!

The Four Tops were amazing,not my fav Motown act though.

Well?

They aren't mine either, my favorite is probably Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.

but yeah,The Four Tops were amazing,not my fav Motown act though...but Standing In The Shadows of Love is definitely one of my favs!

Levi Stubbs...that's one powerful voice!!..he's perfect as the voice for the man eating plant in the Little Shop of Hororrs remake!!

i swear to god they did build me up buttercup. prolly not the orignal but im sure they did a version?

i swear to god they did build me up buttercup. prolly not the orignal but im sure they did a version?

It's quite possible...the Four Tops have a shitload of covers on their albums (including their ghastly salute to Broadway album).