maybe the dumbest argument on this board

sandycat

This topic kind of goes along with kaneda's latest post, but I feel it needs a seperate thread. Why does someone always state this "axl dont owe us anything". That is so stupid. No one owes us anything, If you come to visit me at my job, I "owe" you want I claim i do. So, if Axl is an artist, does he "owe" me anything? No! But, i expext him to deliver what he says he is, an artist, so deliver music. I really dont think coming to these boards and being pissed off cause axl refuses to release an album, or axl wanting us and more importantly the general public to support this new gnr, then doing nothing himself to help his cause helps matters either. Some people on these boards get so mad when reviews compare old to new, but come on, be realistic, Axl keeps saying this is a new band, but plays old songs. Yes, I understand, When I see them in Cleveland this year, he better play the classics, but if this is the chinese d. tour, then he better be supporting the new album by then. Some people on these boards act like if you say 1 negative thing about this new band, you dont support them? Let me give an example, I am A huge Pittsburgh Steeler fan, belong to the message board site, do you think after the way they have played this year, they dont get bashed every week? YES! Does that mean I along with all the other fans all of a sudden dont support them? NO! Same with this board, when certain people (Kaneda, for example) post certain things, I never see them as bashing, most things he says are 100% correct. Bands release an album than tour to support it, it is that simple. It is the love and support for this band that drives these post, we all want to see axl succeed, and maybe there is a master plan, but until it is revealed all we have is the past, and we all know how well it has gone up to this point. All these post that piss some of you off could go away so easily by just one simple thing happening. Just release the album!!!!!!!

Great post. I notice a lot of fighting on this board. Really it comes down to youth and maturity. I think there are a lot of very young and immature people on this board who don't understand that it is ok to be a fan but still have gripes. That it is ok to voice an opinion. Likewise, I love my wife and would die for her. But i am still allowed to piss and moan that i don't get laid enough. I love Guns N Roses. I was a HUGE fan when they came out and i was in 6th grade. In high school my entire room was plastered in everything GNR. I have seen many shows. Therefore i think i have the right to piss and moan and air my complaints about Axl and the new band all i want without being shit on by some 17 year old.

Anyway, my only complaint right now is I wish that Guns N Roses would release this album and start playing their new material at shows. To be quite honest with you, when some of the songs get played I miss Slash and Duff. I also noticed that Axl comes more alive when they play the new material and it is nice to see him like that. So i would rather have 12 new songs with some old stuff.

That's a way of looking at it, not too many people see the big picture tho, mostly they go "he said something bad about AXL!! KILL HIM!!"

...or Slash for that matter

it goes both ways because this forum is either apples or oranges...it's practically unheard of to be impartial to the never-ending war of GNR stars.

That's a way of looking at it, not too many people see the big picture tho, mostly they go "he said something bad about AXL!! KILL HIM!!"

it goes both ways because this forum is either apples or oranges...it's practically unheard of to be impartial to the never-ending war of GNR stars.

indeed...I fall in the impartial category actually,I think it's all good

I fall under the impartial category too. I love Slash and Axl. I also fall under the impartial category when it comes to the new band vs. old band debate...a little more towards the old band.

I love the new band and I think they rock rock3 , but nothing comes close to watching Axl run from one end of the stage to the other singing the chorus to Paradise City with Slash standing on the speakers at the front of the stage. rock2

Really it comes down to youth and maturity. I think there are a lot of very young and immature people on this board who don't understand that it is ok to be a fan but still have gripes. That it is ok to voice an opinion.

Indeed - We're all fans for a reason, but last time I checked, being a fan doesn't mean turning a blind eye a band's glaring faults.

I fall under the impartial category too. I love Slash and Axl. I also fall under the impartial category when it comes to the new band vs. old band debate...a little more towards the old band.

I love the new band and I think they rock rock3 , but nothing comes close to watching Axl run from one end of the stage to the other singing the chorus to Paradise City with Slash standing on the speakers at the front of the stage. rock2

Yeah I have my fond memories of classic GnR too...saw them 5 times in 3 countries.

In the here and now I'm happy to see Axl back and GnR '06 looking good and sounding great.

As a fan of GnR in ALL incarnations I can't help but find these to be exciting times!

:shades:

I agree 100%. I have never understood why a person has to be completely for or against the new or old bands or Axl himself for that matter. Each entity is human and therefore fallible. I loved the old band and do honestly miss it, but I have learned to accept the new band even though it has its faults. Unfortunately, this is one of those issues where the majority of people see it as black or white without realizing there are a multiplicity of shades of gray between.

I agree 100%. I have never understood why a person has to be completely for or against the new or old bands or Axl himself for that matter. Each entity is human and therefore fallible. I loved the old band and do honestly miss it, but I have learned to accept the new band even though it has its faults. Unfortunately, this is one of those issues where the majority of people see it as black or white without realizing there are a multiplicity of shades of gray between.

Good post.

I agree also 100%!!! people need to understand that we all are fans in one way or another and noone wants to hear a bunch of negative stuff all the time........ Also why does it seem to me if you still admire the old guns you are in some sort of minority here... the old band was the gnr that we all loved before... Why must that be tore down because the band split... And now theres a new version,lets just enjoy it all then....

This thread, including the original post and all other posts made in response, is probably the smartest thread I've seen in a long long time. For the first time EVER, every post at least hints at the absolute insanity of how there can be NO middle ground in the old GNR/slash vs. New GNR/Axl debate....too bad every member can't read this thread and take it to heart.

I agree!!!!!!!!! Its a damn shame aint it!!! I mean what the hell has happened to all the REAL GUNS N ROSES FANS!!! Half the fuckers hear are commiting GNR TREASON! CANT WE JUST LOVE WHO WE WANT HERE!!!!!!Some old fans some new but who gives a shit! damn some people i just dont understand!!!

This thread, including the original post and all other posts made in response, is probably the smartest thread I've seen in a long long time. For the first time EVER, every post at least hints at the absolute insanity of how there can be NO middle ground in the old GNR/slash vs. New GNR/Axl debate....too bad every member can't read this thread and take it to heart.

Thank You, It is nice to see that alot of people on this board can agree to like ALL of gnr. Realize that old gnr is why there is new gnr. Can actually like slash without being told to grow your mellot and go back to the 80's, and know that he was a HUGE part of the evolving band, and yes actually like this new gnr and now support them as we supported the old back when.