John Lee Hooker

adnan

soooooo many good songs, im bad like jesse james, one bourbon one scotch, n that inimmitable gravel voice. he's too cool. how is this bastard still alive, he mus be a million years old by now.

I think he died in the 90's./

He died June 2001.

R.I.P. John... :(

He's fucking amazing! An awesome guitarist.. And that voice.. :wub:

The ultimate blues guitarist!

xDSGx

I love him, but that's taking it a bit too far.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I've never listened to him much, but I saw his daugher Zakiya live once. It was about a week after John Lee's death. She was pretty good.

I've never listened to him much, but I saw his daugher Zakiya live once. It was about a week after John Lee's death. She was pretty good.

You should really listen to him, his stuff is very good, he also tends to keep his soloing concise, so that fits your personality, plus he's a really good singer.

You should really listen to him, his stuff is very good, he also tends to keep his soloing concise, so that fits your personality, plus he's a really good singer.

:lol: Concise solos fit my personality? Seriously, I'm no good judge of myself but I'm wondering why you think that.

I do need to get into him, I'm quite aware. I've got one of his 90s albums laying around.

:lol: Concise solos fit my personality? Seriously, I'm no good judge of myself but I'm wondering why you think that.

I do need to get into him, I'm quite aware. I've got one of his 90s albums laying around.

It's sad how bad his voice became in the 90's and even the 80's.

Anyway, I said that because of your comments about guitar solos, such as "guitar heroics are overrated". And based on what I've heard of your music, and your taste in blues in general, you've displayed a strong love for well written songs that don't involve too much soloing etc. (You're into Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, etc.)

I should've probably said taste rather than personality.

It's sad how bad his voice became in the 90's and even the 80's.

Anyway, I said that because of your comments about guitar solos, such as "guitar heroics are overrated". And based on what I've heard of your music, and your taste in blues in general, you've displayed a strong love for well written songs that don't involve too much soloing etc. (You're into Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, etc.)

I should've probably said taste rather than personality.

Cool, nice assessment.

I do like alot of "jam" music. But in Blues you are pretty much right with the exception of Paul Butterfield, who was just divine above 10 minutes.