Pledge to all of you..

tbaugerud

Time to stop bullying Thomase. I find it really pathetic and it makes me really angry..

What's wrong with you?? Picking on others for own satisfaction is most appalling.

So to all those who are trying desperately to be funny by picking on Thomase, fuck you..

I have always defended the weak and I always will..

I'd love to punch a few teeth out on a few of you guys..fuck you!

And to the Moderators - Madison, Jack, etc:

You're double standards are hilarious.

Madison, you have several times cried for "no personal attacks" on this forum.

So how come you let this bullying continue? You even contribute sometimes...BAD!

It's time to stop..now. Coz in the end, what are you guys bullying him for? His commitment to the GNR cause? His dedication to this board? When he writes to band members, it's only because he's very interested in what's going on AND: he wants to share some news with the rest of us..

Most of you guys bash him based on an "don't you have anything better to do? get a life dude!"- attitude..

AND THAT IS PERHAPS THE MOST PATHETIC ASPECT OF IT ALL:

people with thousands of posts on their profile saying "get a life"..

YOU get a life motherfuckers!

Thanks

Time to stop bullying Thomase. I find it really pathetic and it makes me really angry..

What's wrong with you?? Picking on others for own satisfaction is most appalling.

So to all those who are trying desperately to be funny by picking on Thomase, fuck you..

So how come you let this bullying continue? You even contribute sometimes...BAD!

It's time to stop..now. Coz in the end, what are you guys bullying him for? His commitment to the GNR cause? His dedication to this board? When he writes to band members, it's only because he's very interested in what's going on AND: he wants to share some news with the rest of us..

Most of you guys bash him based on an "don't you have anything better to do? get a life dude!"- attitude..

Thanks

fuck off :rofl-lol: why u gettin menstrual, what is he ur boyfriend?

Edited by frankwhite

Well even the moderators know a fool when they see one. And that's only a healthy sign.

What's that supposed to mean? Do you expect every member to be alike? People are different, and we should all appreciate that..

To follow your logics, I can say that you are a primitive, simple minded moron who drinks vodka way too often because you are finnish..

But I don't, because I'm not comunicating on the internet to bully others. I'm a member on this forum only to get closer to GnR by reading up to date news and get the latest audio/video..

You guys should stop picking on others just because this is an anonymous place where the real bullies can't see your ugly faces or fat bodies...this isn't the place or time for personal revenge..why are you so bitter?

Well even the moderators know a fool when they see one. And that's only a healthy sign.

What's that supposed to mean? Do you expect every member to be alike? People are different, and we should all appreciate that..

To follow your logics, I can say that you are a primitive, simple minded moron who drinks vodka way too often because you are finnish..

But I don't, because I'm not comunicating on the internet to bully others. I'm a member on this forum only to get closer to GnR by reading up to date news and get the latest audio/video..

You guys should stop picking on others just because this is an anonymous place where the real bullies can't see your ugly faces or fat bodies...this isn't the place or time for personal revenge..why are you so bitter?

many people miss Slash and they let their anger out on us :(

Yes, I noticed this bullying towards Thomase since the beginning and I don´t like it either. Some people here are just rude and disrespectful ( not all ,only some ) attacking with childish and silly arguments. I must admit Thomase was a bit immature when sending all those messages to BBF and I told him, but not as a way to hurt his feelings but to try to make him stop with the useless messages, but apart from that I have nothing against the dude. The few times we have talked he´s always been nice to me :)

People should think twice before trying to hurt someone´s feelings.

Before you get up on your high horse and make accusations like that - maybe PM one of us first? We've been aware of and discussed the issue of bullying on the forum (of members like thomase) some time ago. We stamped it out for a while, but when Ron named him in his interview it flared back up.

Dude, when people start reporting posts where bullying goes on, then it's easier for us to sort it out. It's really not the easiest thing to moderate - but we try.

Sure, maybe it's still happening, maybe we need to work harder - but don't go accusing us of double standards. Instead of sitting there criticising, help out by reporting the posts that break rules.

Aside from that, I completely agree with you.

Thanks

Sir, this i agree whit you 100%

Thomas(e) is a cool lad... let him be. this bashing has gone to far.

the attacking was over but when that thread was made the attacking starting back up and i know being a mod is not easy

And the attacking was over because I sent PMs to people that were doing the bashing telling them to stop.

I realise it's started again, and it'll be handled.

No need for certain people to send me a PM calling me a "coward", when i've already done all I could to stop it. :rolleyes:

I think the response to this topic speaks for itself. This is a blockbuster in the making. At least if it had stayed in the Discussions and News section.

Good to see people caring..

HighVoltage: I only called you a coward because I can't see ONE reason to move this. Are the section descriptions THAT important?

Edited by tbaugerud

HighVoltage: I only called you a coward because I can't see ONE reason to move this. Are the section descriptions THAT important?

Yes, they are. This topic doesn't apply to the large majority of members, (really only a select few) and it pushes GN'R Discussion topics off the main page. The rules are the same for every topic man.

If it's really, truly an issue that bothers you, make a list of the people who regularly bash him, and i'll get onto it. It's not that hard to do - no need to jump up and down because your topic was moved to the appropriate section.

This subject has been on my mind for a while,even before becoming a Level 1 mod.

I gotta say to the thread starter though...I know you're quite angry about the topic,but you approached it in somewhat of a bashing manner yourself.

Thomase has proven to be a huge GnR fan and enthusiastic about participating here.I'd rather read a post from Thomase than the handful of fuckers who come here with the sole purpose of stirring shit and antagonizing people on a regular basis.

Thomase's efforts at emailing Bumblefoot were honest and meant with good intentions.It wasn't meant as deliberate hassling or meant to be antagonizing or rude (which is more than I can say for a few others around here).It was the well meaning efforts of a fan who replied to a musician..who made himself available on the internet (without specifying any limitations I might add).

Thomase said he's emailed Ron a total of 20-something times?...some cupcakes make that many negative posts here in a day or two!

I've watched the bashing of Thomase become somewhat trendy,right down to the creation of signatures aimed at him.Personally,I find this behaviour disgusting..nothing more than pack mentality of bullies who back someone into a corner and keep pushing him against the wall for their amusement.I've been surprised by one or two of the people who have recently chosen to participate in it..to be honest.

I've stewed over this for a while now...until yesterday,when I posted a message to Thomase suggesting he rise above it...(and I meant it Thomase,not just in that thread...on the entire board...rise above it).

It doesn't matter if this is just the internet or not,it's bullying and a cowards' stance.Internet bullying can have negative affects on the target in the real world.None of you have read the articles about people comitting suicide because of internet harassment?...it DOES happen!

I'm not suggesting this would happen to Thomase,I just say that..in response to the guy who made the in depth observation of "it's just the internet".

I've been considering whether to PM the admins about the Thomase bashing,or wait until when (or IF) I am advanced to Level 2 mod and discuss it with them directly behind the scenes.But as of yesterday,I decided to take my own personal first step about this situation (as a forum member) and post a message to Thomase about it.

But now...with the creation if this thread,it's all finally on the table.

And I SALUTE the guy who had the balls to stand out from the crowd and say something about this!

KUDOS to those who have the courage to call out the bullying!

Pushing someone into a wall is the easiest thing to do in this world...internet or real life.

It's not cool,it's weak and pathetic.

But as highvoltage suggested,if you see it happening and it's bothering you...report it to the mods (or go right to the top and PM an admin).

Speaking as a forum member,I'm in full agreement that it shouldn't be allowed.I don't come here to see someone getting picked on,or to laugh along with the other sheep who think it's cool.

I've observed this situation go from a rolling boil to full on bullying.And like I said...as of yesterday I took MY first step and posted to Thomase about it.

I hope this bullying is effectively stopped...soon.

rock on Thomase!!...glad you're a forum member here!

As the Black Flag songs says..."rise above,we're gonna rise above".

Edited by zint61