Pledge to all of you..

tbaugerud

This subject has been on my mind for a while,even before becoming a Level 1 mod.

I gotta say to the thread starter though...I know you're quite angry about the topic,but you approached it in somewhat of a bashing manner yourself.

Thomase has proven to be a huge GnR fan and enthusiastic about participating here.I'd rather read a post from Thomase than the handful of fuckers who come here with the sole purpose of stirring shit and antagonizing people on a regular basis.

Thomase's efforts at emailing Bumblefoot were honest and meant with good intentions.It wasn't meant as deliberate hassling or meant to be antagonizing or rude (which is more than I can say for a few others around here).It was the well meaning efforts of a fan who replied to a musician..who made himself available on the internet (without specifying any limitations I might add).

Thomase said he's emailed Ron a total of 20-something times?...some cupcakes make that many negative posts here in a day or two!

I've watched the bashing of Thomase become somewhat trendy,right down to the creation of signatures aimed at him.Personally,I find this behaviour disgusting..nothing more than pack mentality of bullies who back someone into a corner and keep pushing him against the wall for their amusement.I've been surprised by one or two of the people who have recently chosen to participate in it..to be honest.

I've stewed over this for a while now...until yesterday,when I posted a message to Thomase suggesting he rise above it...(and I meant it Thomase,not just in that thread...on the entire board...rise above it).

It doesn't matter if this is just the internet or not,it's bullying and a cowards' stance.Internet bullying can have negative affects on the target in the real world.None of you have read the articles about people comitting suicide because of internet harassment?...it DOES happen!

I'm not suggesting this would happen to Thomase,I just say that..in repsonse to the guy who made the in depth observation of "it's just the internet".

I've been considering whether to PM the admins about the Thomase bashing,or wait until when (or IF) I am advanced to Level 2 mod and discuss it with them directly behind the scenes.But as of yesterday,I decided to take my own personal first step about this situation (as a forum member) and post a message to Thomase about it.

But now...with the creation if this thread,it's all finally on the table.

And I SALUTE the guy who had the balls to stand out from the crowd and say something about this!

KUDOS to those who have the courage to call out the bullying!

Pushing someone into a wall is the easiest thing to do in this world...internet or real life.

It's not cool,it's weak and pathetic.

But as highvoltage suggested,if you see it happening and it's bothering you...report it to the mods (or go right to the top and PM an admin).

Speaking as a forum member,I'm in full agreement that it shouldn't be allowed.I don't come here to see someone getting picked on,or to laugh along with the other sheep who think it's cool.

I've observed this situation go from a rolling boil to full on bullying.And like I said...as of yesterday I took MY first step and posted to Thomase about it.

I hope this bullying is effectively stopped...soon.

rock on Thomase!!...glad you're a forum member here!

As the Black Flag songs says..."rise above,we're gonna rise above".

thanks and that was 21 times

gayest thread ever. My god, if you can't handle internet heckling then I would hate to see you sensitive losers in real life.

Get a fucking life, if you don't like it then go the fuck somewhere else.

He brought it on himself, he took advantage of Ron's niceness, and came to the boards and posted his annoying messages. If he would have kept his mouth shut, no one would bother him.

gayest thread ever. My god, if you can't handle internet heckling then I would hate to see you sensitive losers in real life.

He brought it on himself, he took advantage of Ron's niceness, and came to the boards and posted his annoying messages. If he would have kept his mouth shut, no one would bother him.

Typical bully response,I expected as much.

If you don't like the fact that most people here don't approve of internet "heckling"...maybe you should go somewhere else.

Typical bully response,I expected as much.

If you don't like the fact that most people here don't approve of internet "heckling"...maybe you should go somewhere else.

B) Well put. Your solution seems simple to me. :)

Time to stop bullying Thomase. I find it really pathetic and it makes me really angry..

What's wrong with you?? Picking on others for own satisfaction is most appalling.

So to all those who are trying desperately to be funny by picking on Thomase, fuck you..

I have always defended the weak and I always will..

I'd love to punch a few teeth out on a few of you guys..fuck you!

And to the Moderators - Madison, Jack, etc:

You're double standards are hilarious.

Madison, you have several times cried for "no personal attacks" on this forum.

So how come you let this bullying continue? You even contribute sometimes...BAD!

It's time to stop..now. Coz in the end, what are you guys bullying him for? His commitment to the GNR cause? His dedication to this board? When he writes to band members, it's only because he's very interested in what's going on AND: he wants to share some news with the rest of us..

Most of you guys bash him based on an "don't you have anything better to do? get a life dude!"- attitude..

AND THAT IS PERHAPS THE MOST PATHETIC ASPECT OF IT ALL:

people with thousands of posts on their profile saying "get a life"..

YOU get a life motherfuckers!

Thanks

First, I find it rather ironic that you would start a thread "supposedly" to criticize bashing - and you yourself bash others in the same post. :rolleyes:

Second, we don't allow threads that single out individual members - which is why we delete threads that people start asking if they think a member is an idiot or if a member should be banned. We delete these because we don't want any member to feel uncomfortable posting here. ... So, your thread - which singles out an individual member - goes against forum rules.

Third - and most importantly - if you have a complaint or concern, use either the "report-to-mod" function or send a mod a pm to look into it. But starting a thread like this - in the main GNR discussion section - just so that you can grand-stand on a soapbox is way out of line.

As for the topic itself - sometimes the criticism that is directed toward Thomase is justified, and sometimes it isn't. When Ron specifically asks thomase in a radio interview not to email him as much anymore -- and he proceeds to email the guy two times in one day after that - you can't blame members for telling him this isn't cool. As for pointless bashing - I agree with you, and we have sent pms to people who have done this in the past.

Again - if you have a complaint or concern, please use the pm system.

*locked*