New Single

KBear

It's October 14th people, which means only one thing: the official tour begins in a mere six days.

I have to believe, especially if we assume a November release date, that we get a single + video to kick off the tour. The timing to coincide with the album would be perfect, and you need something to bring mainstream fans to the concerts. If the album isn't coming in November, which would make it unlikely we'd get a single this week, I'd have to question why they would launch the tour now. But October 20th has been in the plans for a while. Didn't Axl mention this day (23rd is what I think he said, to be exact) at the MTV VMAs? It is obviously something they've been targeting for some time, and I believe they canceled shows earlier in the month in order for them to get all their ducks in a row.

IMO this should be a pretty huge week. If nothing big happens then I think we can almost cross November off the list. So rather than bickering and talking about myspace and crap like that, maybe we should focus on what is likely going to be a pivotal week in the lifespan of this album. Reading the forums I don't get the sense people are really anticipating something major happening this week. I believe we are on the verge of a single. That is what everything points to.

Agree or disagree?

It's October 14th people, which means only one thing: the official tour begins in a mere six days.

I have to believe, especially if we assume a November release date, that we get a single + video to kick off the tour. The timing to coincide with the album would be perfect, and you need something to bring mainstream fans to the concerts. If the album isn't coming in November, which would make it unlikely we'd get a single this week, I'd have to question why they would launch the tour now. But October 20th has been in the plans for a while. Didn't Axl mention this day (23rd is what I think he said, to be exact) at the MTV VMAs? It is obviously something they've been targeting for some time, and I believe they canceled shows earlier in the month in order for them to get all their ducks in a row.

IMO this should be a pretty huge week. If nothing big happens then I think we can almost cross November off the list. So rather than bickering and talking about myspace and crap like that, maybe we should focus on what is likely going to be a pivotal week in the lifespan of this album. Reading the forums I don't get the sense people are really anticipating something major happening this week. I believe we are on the verge of a single. That is what everything points to.

Agree or disagree?

I agree that something really "should" happen this week. But the same can be said for every week for the past four years since the initial Chinese Democracy tour. So in other words, who knows? I guess we wont know til we actually watch the video or hear a single. Which sucks. But thats the way it is with GNR.

All I know is that floor seats are still available for the Chicago show a week into them being onsale. Thats sad. A single, video, hopefully both would solve this problem quickly, creating massive hype.

C'mon Axl. Shit or get off the pot!

Edited by sofine11

Reading the forums I don't get the sense people are really anticipating something major happening this week

I just think people are fed up with having their hopes dashed constantly, but I agree that nows as good a time as any to be hopeful of something new GNR related. :)

Monty

A single is not just going to drop without any kind of hype. Word would have leaked out by now if it were coming in the next week.

I sort of agree, but at the same time, I don't. Sorry if that's confusing. However, we've seen plenty of radio stations in the past claiming that they've had the official singles plenty of times and where did all that hype go? Nowhere.

I think in the case of Chinese Democracy, it will be a calm before the storm.

You know, I was dreaming last night about this. I was watching TV and all of a sudden the intro of Better started playing, but with out the vocals, and Axl started singing. It was studio version, it sounded great. And then a new song came up, started with piano, and I kept telling my brother, "It's THIS I LOVE , it's THIS I LOVE".......it was an awesome dream :xmasssanta:

And my dreams usually come true, so we'll see if anything happens before the 24th :heart:

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

Axl should have finished the album and given it to the record company. They should have set a release date for the album and made it public. They should have selected a single, made a video and announced a release date for the single.

At the moment, all we've got is the AFD nostalgia tour, with a few new songs that provide a good opportunity for most of the crowd to go take a piss.

Axl should have finished the album and given it to the record company. They should have set a release date for the album and made it public. They should have selected a single, made a video and announced a release date for the single.

At the moment, all we've got is the AFD nostalgia tour, with a few new songs that provide a good opportunity for most of the crowd to go take a piss.

could this have been said any better?

You've rekindled hope Kbear. I was reading some of the other posts about CD not being released this year, it looked grim.

You're right - there is still hope that this week we can get some news. Do the shows really start in 6 days? I thought they were re-scheduled?

All I know is that floor seats are still available for the Chicago show a week into them being onsale. Thats sad. A single, video, hopefully both would solve this problem quickly, creating massive hype.

I think floor tickets will be available to all the shows, mostly because they are so expensive. I think a lot more people will be in seats than on the floor. My thought is only hardcore fans that have expendable money would plunk down $70+ dollars for floor tickets, they would much rather pay the $35-$50 and get a seat.

I think floor tickets will be available to all the shows, mostly because they are so expensive. I think a lot more people will be in seats than on the floor. My thought is only hardcore fans that have expendable money would plunk down $70+ dollars for floor tickets, they would much rather pay the $35-$50 and get a seat.

I bought a seated ticket for the MPLS show n' it was the same price as the GA floor tickets. Section 129 - it's the right hand side of the stage.

Why would you post a thread with this topic only to say something personal??? Have you not learned how to use this forum yet? Come on man...

Did you not see "Is this the week?" posted below the title? If not then hey, it's not my fault. It was there.

Anyways, I wasn't aware that the first few shows got canceled/postponed. October 24th it is. I don't think it changes the need for a single this week assuming November is the release month. Whether we get one or not is another story.

Edited by KBear

Why would you post a thread with this topic only to say something personal??? Have you not learned how to use this forum yet? Come on man...

Did you not see "Is this the week?" posted below the title? If not then hey, it's not my fault. It was there.

Anyways, I wasn't aware that the first few shows got canceled/postponed. October 24th it is. I don't think it changes the need for a single this week. Whether we get one or not is another story.

Agreed. I see too many people freaking out over the postponing of the first concert, when really, Axl stated at the VMAs that the North American tour was supposed to begin on the 24th originally anyways.

KBEAR,

I'm with you on this one. The opening of the tour just seems like the perfect time to announce the release date of Chinese Democracy, release the first single, etc.

Kicking off everything at once will be like a Nuclear bomb, instead of several ballistic missiles launched over several weeks. It will achieve maximum impact. And isn't that the Guns N' Roses style anyways? Over the top. Bigger than life.

A bit off topic but I think it's safe to assume that if the above happens, then as the tour goes on and people become familiar with the Chinese Democracy album, Axl will gradually add in more and more Chinese Democracy songs into the shows.

Edited by cashpiles