E-mail Total Guitar regarding new GN'R feature

snakepit_uk

saw this on another forum and thought some of you here might be interested in the idea so i've copied the original post:

Now I'm sure everybody here would like to see Robin, Richard and Ron featured in a cover feature for Total Guitar. But the truth is, no magazine will put them on the cover at the moment, because they think the public isn't interested. I was thinking, maybe if enough people requested just such a feature, they may give in to popular demand.

Only sensible e-mails please... no "u fukcin retards better put GNR on the cover cos the RULE!!!!!!!!!11111!!11 yo fucking suck r u gay crack smokers! put them on the cover!", because that would do more harm than good. Both to the request, and to the overall reputation of fans of this band.

If we want this band to be promoted properly, we're gonna have to do some of the work ourselves, unfortunately... and a start is by helping the bandmembers become recognised when seperate from Axl. It might not work... but it's worth a try.

totalguitar@futurenet.co.uk

Here's what I said...

Hi,

I've been a casual reader of Total Guitar for a couple of years now. I've brought issues when I've seen that there is a feature with a guitarist who I am particularly interested. I was just wondering whether you were going to have a feature on current Guns N' Roses guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron Thal, as I am extremely anxious to find out more about them and hear what they have to say and am kind of annoyed at the lack of media coverage of the current tour. It seems that most magazines are only interested in Axl, but I can tell you that I - and many others I know - am interested in the other members of this band, too, and thought that if any magazine was likely to write a fair feature that emphasised the other members, it would be the magazine that was created to put focus on the guitarists when everyone else seemed to be only interested in singers.

Hoping to see these great musicians gracing your magazine in the near future,

Anthony

Wonder why that is cause hes a fuckin legend that without him there would be no scom ycbm p c jungle and i could go on where as we heard nothing about these guys cause theres no album out why put them on the cover when threr hired help thats making money off other peoples writing, total guitar covers legends this lot r just employees

Wonder why that is cause hes a fuckin legend that without him there would be no scom ycbm p c jungle and i could go on where as we heard nothing about these guys cause theres no album out why put them on the cover when threr hired help thats making money off other peoples writing, total guitar covers legends this lot r just employees

:sleeper:

Thankyou for the brilliant, groundbreaking input. Run along now.

go play in traffic

Guest cherry_bomb

go play in traffic

alan :rofl-lol:

anyway - urm im sure Red1 could add some valuable input here...take it away marty

A bit of grammar wouldnt hurt would it ? God i found that a bit hard to read

CJ

A bit of grammar wouldnt hurt would it ? God i found that a bit hard to read

CJ

It's sad to see the education system failed Graeme. :rofl-lol:

Anyway, great idea snakepit-uk! Your letter was very well worded, and I'm sure it has every chance of being acted upon by the magazine. I must agree that this current guitar combination are second to NONE, and they really should be featured much more.

Anyway, great idea snakepit-uk! Your letter was very well worded, and I'm sure it has every chance of being acted upon by the magazine. I must agree that this current guitar combination are second to NONE, and they really should be featured much more.

wasn't my idea, was a friend of mine's but he's not regestered here so i posted it on here and a couple of other forums.

i've sent them an email aswell and it would be cool if more people did it, i think if they got an inbox full of emails they might just stick the gnr guitarists on the cover.

Mine:

I heard you voted GN’R as the best tour of this year, which I totally agree with. I saw them in Dublin and Wembley, incredible.

I would love to see the current guitarists (Ron Thal, Robin Finck, and Richard Fortus) on the front cover of the next TG. They are brilliant guitarists, but sadly no one gives them a chance because ‘without Slash, GN’R sucks’.

So that’s a request from me :)

Thanks

Anthony

Ok after months and months of reading, my first post ....

Being a keen guitarist and an even keener gunners fan there is nothing I would like to see more than the current guitar trio blasted across TGs cover. My main reason why this currently cannot happen is simply because as a trio they do not have any released material for them to talk about. I kind of agree with what graemewark said in a round about type of way although he perhaps didn't word it quite like I would have done. At this point in time they are a cover band, I know the album is just around the corner but until it is ACTUALLY released I would not expect to hear much about these new guys at all. I see some truly amazing guitar players round some local pubs in tribute/cover bands but they are not likely to ever get any more recognition than the local pubs as they are cover bands.

Mark my words though the minute that album finally hits the shelfs those guys will be splatted across so many front covers you will be spoilt for choice and won't know where to look. I read in other threads about lack of promotion etc but I would bet my arse that the minute the album is released virtually every even remotely muscially linked piece of media will be covering it from one angle or another and make it world wide over night.......

Let's just hope it's what it is cracked up to be rock3