There isn't going to be a single before the tour

LordOfGuns

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Ron! He'll know for sure.

If there is gonna be a single, no way would we be told about it until like a week before.

The "ask Ron" card has been overplayed around here.

It would be appreciated if you stopped.

Since the tour starts in less than a week, it is to late for a Single or video to be released before the tour. Let alone an album. :book:

I guess we have another pintless Chinese Democracy tour?

LG

It is shaping up to be a bit like the 2002 tour, there is no denying that.

I said a long time ago that it would be a good idea to brace ourselves for another big let-down...I hope it won't be this time around.

A8R

It is shaping up to be a bit like the 2002 tour, there is no denying that.

I said a long time ago that it would be a good idea to brace ourselves for another big let-down...I hope it won't be this time around.

give over, it's nothing like 2002. They have overcome all the difficulties in the european tour and made a name for themselves and changed alot of people's opinion for the better. They have also done 2 fabulous live streams and have more momentum than ever.

I agree, we do need to be braced for a let down. It happened when End of Days came out. It happened again in 2002. And now the beginning of the tour is already getting pushed around. I don't understand it.

Hopefully, they are just taking longer to finish the album than that thought, and they just want to make sure they finish it before they go on tour. If that is the case, we should hear an announcement soon saying as much.

But it is very possible that this whole thing is once again going to fall apart. I hope not. And I do still believe we will get the album and tour this year. But we have to be prepared for nothing again.

I agree, we do need to be braced for a let down. It happened when End of Days came out. It happened again in 2002. And now the beginning of the tour is already getting pushed around. I don't understand it.

Hopefully, they are just taking longer to finish the album than that thought, and they just want to make sure they finish it before they go on tour. If that is the case, we should hear an announcement soon saying as much.

But it is very possible that this whole thing is once again going to fall apart. I hope not. And I do still believe we will get the album and tour this year. But we have to be prepared for nothing again.

Exactly, afterall, history repeats itself. My avatar is me getting ready in case it does fall apart. :laugh::huh::(

A8R

Edited by allen8r

Since the tour starts in less than a week, it is to late for a Single or video to be released before the tour. Let alone an album. :book:

LG

Still 9 days... They could easily drop a new single by thursday or friday. Or maybe when the tour starts the 24 oct... :shades:

It's kind of retarded to release a single so late because when you release a single/music video, usually the band goes around on a media tour (morning shows, MTV, guest appearances, etc.) to help promote/play the single.

How are they supposed to do that when they are in the middle of a concert tour?

None of this makes any sense.

All signs point to no single.no CD in 06.

Why is it to late ?

Do you know what GNR are doing ?

There's no time for any media promotion.

Someone said it earlier, they need to do all the apperances, TRL, shit like that. They can't do it whilst on tour.

Axl and co. are not the savyest of buisnessmen.

Why is it to late ?

No, but we know what they're not doing.

Insider ? :)

Nobody knows what they are doing or not.My opinion is that we will see a single before the tour or a few days later.

The name of the band is GNR.2-3 weeks are enough for promotion.

Edited by Kollemann99

Why is it too late to release a single before the tour? This is nothing more than an unsubstantiated statement. The tour starts on the 24th. They have more than a full week to get a song out there. People expecting a news release and a press conference announcing which day a single will come out, to them I'd say don't get your hopes up. When has the new band ever done anything like this? I think one day we will just get a single.

GN'R issued a news release saying that gunsnroses.com will be up the next day. It was one day notice. I think the same thing happens with a single. I don't mind this strategy. Why invest in creating hype? If the music is good enough to stand on it's own, and it should be, then let it. Besides, the hype for this album is already built in - it'll get enough attention when things pick up.

Axl doesn't speak too much about a release, but whenever he has he has been consistent. 2006 it is and I'll believe otherwise when Axl sings a different tune. We have no reason other than the past, when the circumstances were totally different, to think the album will be delayed again. All indications are a November/December release.

I think your 2nd paragraph is the right one. But yeah, it is possible this could fall apart. I don't think that's what is happening though. There is so much about this year that is different than 1999 and 2001/02.

LG

It won't be pintless for me,I can assure you of that! :P

Why is it to late ?

Nobody knows what they are doing or not.My opinion is that we will see a single before the tour or a few days later.

How would they promote it?

Guns have zero foothold anymore. There not "in" anymore. They need to promote the SHIT out of this and they can't do it while on a fucking Huge tour.

Why is it to late ?

Guns have zero foothold anymore. There not "in" anymore. They need to promote the SHIT out of this and they can't do it while on a fucking Huge tour.

Why not ?

One day has 24 hours.

Why is it to late ?

Why not ?

One day has 24 hours.

Shit like an apperance on TRL or some morning show or anything of the sort would need to be announced in advance. The networks want to promote that they're having Guns N' Roses on there show for more ratings.

Off topic but, can you imagine Axl Rose on something like the Ellen Degenoris Show? :P:P