There isn't going to be a single before the tour

LordOfGuns

Ask Ron! He'll know for sure.

If there is gonna be a single, no way would we be told about it until like a week before.

i thought he stopped msn for a while ;)

plus from what i've seen from his replys to other peoples questions, Bumblefoot can't talk about GnR ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it to late ?

Do you know what GNR are doing ?

No, but we know what they're not doing.

Insider ? :)

Nobody knows what they are doing or not.My opinion is that we will see a single before the tour or a few days later.

How would they promote it?

Guns have zero foothold anymore. There not "in" anymore. They need to promote the SHIT out of this and they can't do it while on a fucking Huge tour.

Why not ?

One day has 24 hours.

Shit like an apperance on TRL or some morning show or anything of the sort would need to be announced in advance. The networks want to promote that they're having Guns N' Roses on there show for more ratings.

Off topic but, can you imagine Axl Rose on something like the Ellen Degenoris Show? :P:P

We will see......soon is the word :)

off topic :

No.In germany are also many shows ."TV Total", "Wetten das ?".I think if Axl is there we will have a lot of fun. :)

Edited by Kollemann99

meatloaf released his single on the 16th oct, and is relseasing his album on oct 23.

thats only a week

so axl still has time for a single

Wow, one week. Just goes to show what I've been saying all along. You don't need months separating single from album. And promoting an album doesn't take half a year.

On a side note, there are some interesting parallels between BOHIII and Chi Dem.

meatloaf released his single on the 16th oct, and is relseasing his album on oct 23.

thats only a week

I bet that the hardcore meatloaf fans knew about the single long before it cam out though. I really don't think this tour is going to kick off with a single or video.

It could still happen. I'm not on one particular side or argument with this, I'm prepared for the worst, because it's happened before and I'm also not denying that it looks better now than ever.

A8R

How would they promote it?

Guns have zero foothold anymore. There not "in" anymore. They need to promote the SHIT out of this and they can't do it while on a fucking Huge tour.

Hhahaha how many tickets have they sold for both the europen tour and the forth coming american one???

Think that gives them enough stronghold to just release a single or album with promotion man yes?

Well... They don't have to release any singles. If I remember correctly, Led Zeppelin never released any singles at all.

Or maybe this tour is only a promoting tour, so there will be an even bigger tour, not only in Europe and the US, but Japan/Asia and Oseania also, with cd-release, and maybe singles... Who knows...

Anyway... I'm not sure about singles... I've read many places that less people buy singles these days. It's downloading, or the full cd.

The problem here is that many of you think that November is definite. Therefore, a single must be released before the tour since it starts near the end of October. A mid-December release is possible. Besides, who are we to say what they will play on this tour? Maybe they'll debut the first single live, and then release it to the stations? We have no clue whatsoever, so wait until the tour actually starts before labelling this as "2002 all over again."

thats only a week

Wow, one week. Just goes to show what I've been saying all along. You don't need months separating single from album. And promoting an album doesn't take half a year.

On a side note, there are some interesting parallels between BOHIII and Chi Dem.

Um, do you think Meatloaf's album is going anywhere? Did it cost $13 million to make?

Apples and oranges.

Since the tour starts in less than a week, it is to late for a Single or video to be released before the tour. Let alone an album. :book:

I guess we have another pintless Chinese Democracy tour?

LG

Ebay... might be able to find it still around... "Hooked on Phonics".

Carry on.

Well... They don't have to release any singles. If I remember correctly, Led Zeppelin never released any singles at all.

Or maybe this tour is only a promoting tour, so there will be an even bigger tour, not only in Europe and the US, but Japan/Asia and Oseania also, with cd-release, and maybe singles... Who knows...

Anyway... I'm not sure about singles... I've read many places that less people buy singles these days. It's downloading, or the full cd.

Did they have singles in Zeppelin's time?

thats only a week

well, u dident know about the singel or album so maybe promo is an importent thing? ;)

Since the tour starts in less than a week, it is to late for a Single or video to be released before the tour. Let alone an album. :book:

I guess we have another pintless Chinese Democracy tour?

LG

Ebay... might be able to find it still around... "Hooked on Phonics".

Carry on.

Did they have singles in Zeppelin's time?

That has gotta be one of the dumbest questions I've read regarding the music industry. Of course they had singles! The music industry used to THRIVE off of singles as early as Bill Haley and the Comets' "Rock Around The Clock." There were singles before that one, but it became the first massively successful rock n' roll song. Both the Beatles and Elvis took advantage of singles and sold a ton of records that way. Singles nowadays are more popular on iTunes and other digital music services than they are in the actual record store. People typically only go to the record store to buy the actual full album now.

Edited by GNRfan2008

thats only a week

well, u dident know about the singel or album so maybe promo is an importent thing? ;)

Correction. I didn't know about the single. I knew about the album. But come to think of it, I believe it's release date is Oct 31. So it's not a one week difference, it's a two week difference.

Um, do you think Meatloaf's album is going anywhere? Did it cost $13 million to make?

Apples and oranges.

I won't comment on how much it cost to make because I don't know. But I seriously doubt they made it on the cheap. Meatloaf albums are as epic and overproduced as Axl's, and if memory serves on this one he's got various guest appearances from other musicians.

Will it go anywhere? Meatloaf and BOH are big names in rock history. BOHII did exceptionally well, and as Meatloaf's last BOH release came out around the same year as the Illusions. Both acts have been gone from the mainstream about the same length of time.

I think Meatloaf has as good a chance as almost any old rock act to have success. Apples and oranges? Comparing any album to Chi Dem will always be apples and oranges but I think BOHIII probably has more similarities than any other.

I don't think GN'R requires months of advance promotion and with each passing day it's obvious that the band/record company does not disagree. What does that tell you? That they are stupid? Haha, maybe. Probably not.

P.S. Amazon sales rank for BOHIII is currently #67. Hard to tell exactly what that means, but on the surface it's not too shabby.

Edited by KBear

T.W.A.T. when you heard about the Stones,Zep,Aerosmith etc. etc. etc. going on tour and you just went!

No questions asked.

The fact that a tour was coming your way was appreciated and celebrated,simply for the fact that it was happening!

No worries about singles or release dates..or videos.

You scored your spot on the sidewalk,sometimes camped out for a few days and IF you were lucky you scored tickets!

ahhhh...the stone ages,life was so simple then! :kiss:

Edited by zint61

It's kind of retarded to release a single so late because when you release a single/music video, usually the band goes around on a media tour (morning shows, MTV, guest appearances, etc.) to help promote/play the single.

How are they supposed to do that when they are in the middle of a concert tour?

None of this makes any sense.

All signs point to no single.no CD in 06.

Dude, many bands do promotion while they are on tour. For example, in Canada, the only time foreign bands get the opportunity to do Canadian promotion is if they're there doing a concert in Canada.

Time is running out.

How can they call this, the chinese democracy tour, when it's mostly AFD songs? :rolleyes:

Takeshi, you're starting to skip like Kaneda's broken records. Find something better to do with your time. It's not healthy. Before you know it, you're nose is going to grow into the side of a cantalope, the hair on your head is going to turn into pubic hair and recede away from your forehead, and you're going to start dressing like a hobo.

Reference any recent picture of Kaneda.

It's not pretty.