AFD voted 9th best album in the world ever!

andybriggs2000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has different opinions, and they are entitled to it, and to be honest, a lot of that list makes sense. So you have to understand that just coz you think that AFD should be top, Nevermind is overrated and that Radiohead are crap, someone else will think that otherwise. I love Oasis, but you might hate them. personally, I don't like some of Zeppelin, Hendrix and The Beatles, but you might love them. This is a forum, where debates and discussions take place. So, a discussion like this si stupid coz everyone thinks different.

I'll never understand the fascination with Nirvana. I could never connect with their music because I didn't know what they were singing about most of the time. I thought Ten was a much better album than Nevermind. IMO Kurt Cobain's death is the reason the are still so popular.

This list is stupid. OK Computer is an excellent album, but has many bad songs on it. Like A Prayer is Madonnas 3rd best album, her best being BY FAR Ray Of Light. Nevermind is a good album, but not top 10. What happened to Zeppelin? Please compare the top 8 to Appetite and you will see the list makes no sense. I could go on and on.

Everyone has different opinions, and they are entitled to it, and to be honest, a lot of that list makes sense. So you have to understand that just coz you think that AFD should be top, Nevermind is overrated and that Radiohead are crap, someone else will think that otherwise. I love Oasis, but you might hate them. personally, I don't like some of Zeppelin, Hendrix and The Beatles, but you might love them. This is a forum, where debates and discussions take place. So, a discussion like this si stupid coz everyone thinks different.

That's all implied. Your post is kind of pointless.

Edited by nman406

Where the hell is Led Zeppelin II on that list? That album is right there with IV as probably the 2 best hard rock albums ever made in my opinion. AFD would be third on my list (in the hard rock genre). Overall, I think IV is too low on this list and I completely agree that Nevermind is too high as is Radiohead. AFD is probably higher than I would put it, but I'm not complaining since I'm a GN'R fan. It definitely appears that the list is biased towards newer music though. Led Zeppelin was way too dang good to have only one album on a top 100 list and to have that album only ranked 17th (when most people would rate it higher than that). Rolling Stone magazine fucked this up when they put Led Zeppelin II and IV lower than I on their 500 Greatest Albums list, and when they put "Stairway to Heaven" at like #30 something on their 500 greatest songs lists. What a load of BS (just as crappy as leaving off Slash of their guitarist list). Rolling Stone sucks, and pretty much every list I've seen sucks.

Edited by GNRfan2008

That's all implied. Your post is kind of pointless.

You are kind of pointless, my friend.