AFD voted 9th best album in the world ever!

andybriggs2000

Nevermind is not better than Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band

That's fucking baffling. The Beatles are in my opinion the best band in history but Sgt Pepper isn't even in their top three never mind their best and 7th of all time.

Sgt Pepper challenged every band/musician around at that time to bring on their A game.

It was highly influential in many ways.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has different opinions, and they are entitled to it, and to be honest, a lot of that list makes sense. So you have to understand that just coz you think that AFD should be top, Nevermind is overrated and that Radiohead are crap, someone else will think that otherwise. I love Oasis, but you might hate them. personally, I don't like some of Zeppelin, Hendrix and The Beatles, but you might love them. This is a forum, where debates and discussions take place. So, a discussion like this si stupid coz everyone thinks different.

That's all implied. Your post is kind of pointless.

You are kind of pointless, my friend.

Good one.

clearly you have some good points.

Thanks, and I agree "Paradise" is a great summer classic!

As to Colt...

u2 sucks afd is better then any cd they put out.

Basically agree, they were good back in Joshua days, and before, but agree A4D is better.

radiohead is ok but way too high.

Basically agree, love Radiohead, but way too high for same reasons as previously stated.

and the only reason nevermind sold so many cds is bc cocaine blew his fucking head off. AFD should be mucyh higher then nine. No way is a child molesterand a fucking lesbo ahead of guns.

Whooooooa! Stop the presses!

1. I never knew Kurt saw a "child molester", and his memory should not be tarnished with such BS.

2. Nevermind sold millions of copies 3 or 4 years, and 2 official releases, before he killed himself...and the jury is still out on that one. He brought punk back only with fantastics hooks and melody, and like GnR made the 'big hair pretty boy' crap look rediculous.

3. Kurt was great, period. This was noticed, and respected, by Axl. (See hat in Making Fn Video's) He respected Kurt immensely, until Kurt failed to return said respect. Of every band out there Axl wanted Nirvana to play his birthday party, that refusal and the VMA thing didn't sit too well with our man, but he still respected his work and genius. You should too.

Peace

Update: See, me and Charles always agree on these things. You said it Mr. Manson.

i was talking about MICHAEL JACKSON not kurt. and im just sick of nirvana their songs to me get old then a month or two latter ill be listening to them again.

Everyone has different opinions, and they are entitled to it, and to be honest, a lot of that list makes sense. So you have to understand that just coz you think that AFD should be top, Nevermind is overrated and that Radiohead are crap, someone else will think that otherwise. I love Oasis, but you might hate them. personally, I don't like some of Zeppelin, Hendrix and The Beatles, but you might love them. This is a forum, where debates and discussions take place. So, a discussion like this si stupid coz everyone thinks different.

That's all implied. Your post is kind of pointless.

You are kind of pointless, my friend.

Good one.

Peace.

clearly you have some good points.

Thanks, and I agree "Paradise" is a great summer classic!

As to Colt...

u2 sucks afd is better then any cd they put out.

Basically agree, they were good back in Joshua days, and before, but agree A4D is better.

radiohead is ok but way too high.

Basically agree, love Radiohead, but way too high for same reasons as previously stated.

and the only reason nevermind sold so many cds is bc cocaine blew his fucking head off. AFD should be mucyh higher then nine. No way is a child molesterand a fucking lesbo ahead of guns.

Whooooooa! Stop the presses!

1. I never knew Kurt saw a "child molester", and his memory should not be tarnished with such BS.

2. Nevermind sold millions of copies 3 or 4 years, and 2 official releases, before he killed himself...and the jury is still out on that one. He brought punk back only with fantastics hooks and melody, and like GnR made the 'big hair pretty boy' crap look rediculous.

3. Kurt was great, period. This was noticed, and respected, by Axl. (See hat in Making Fn Video's) He respected Kurt immensely, until Kurt failed to return said respect. Of every band out there Axl wanted Nirvana to play his birthday party, that refusal and the VMA thing didn't sit too well with our man, but he still respected his work and genius. You should too.

Peace

Update: See, me and Charles always agree on these things. You said it Mr. Manson.

i was talking about MICHAEL JACKSON not kurt. and im just sick of nirvana their songs to me get old then a month or two latter ill be listening to them again.

So because he may or may not be a child molester, his music is somehow less credible than guns whose frontman is a racist homophobic sexist? You fuckin dumbass. Music is music. Kurt Cobain is overrated and so is Nevermind. But his influence on the industry was huge. Same with Jackson. Nevermind and Thriller are not even the best albums of these artists. That list looks like it compiled the most influential/popular records of these artists...

the list is clearly fake...GNR should be no 1.....I´m not even gonna pretend to know wtf radiohead is... :fuckyou: ...and not having "all eyez on me" on a top 100....omg, it´s so fake :fuckyou:

All Eyez on Me DEFINETLY should be up there, I agree. and GNR should be number 1.

I think Nevermind is rated a bit too high

i agree, sorta doesn't deserve it

It was more influential than UYI, and more or less wiped away GnRs appeal.

GnR's appeal was wiped away by inactivity and the inability of young people in the mid nineties to stop pigeonholing good music (GnR) with shit (Poison, Motley Crue, Warrant, etc.). Which is why Nirvana is ranked higher than Pearl Jamin this poll... because people who are not me know shit all about music.

I know the flames-a-comin' but Radiohead are an amazing, and talented group. Their music stands out for its creativity, originality and exceptionality in these times. Although OK Computer is not my fav. radiohead album, I really do respect it. It's very different than GNR, I don't think they should be in the same list.

But that being said, it deserves its place. Sorry, but it does. Being a GNR fan or a member of this forum does not mean GNR has to top everything, everywhere, everytime. Not for me anyway.

And yes - it is a Brit. top 100.