The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

• 1 month later...
chuck lost to a much bigger guy. no surprise there. it says on ufc that rampage has six losses on his record, who has beaten him?

His last loss was to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua who just recently signed with the UFC. He lost to Wanderlei silva twice before that, Daijiro Matsui before that, Sakuraba "The Gracie Hunter" in 2001 and Marvin "The Beastman" Eastman back in 2000.

Thats the only six I know of anyway.

Guess Chuck can focus on being Dana Whites bitch now, maybe if he had spent less time worrying about backing White in his fued with Tito he could have prepared better for jackson.... not that i think it would have changed the result.Chuck knew the moment he stepped in the cage that Rampage had the beating of him...imo

I'm surprised that Rampage took Liddell out as fast as he did. I pretty much knew all along that he was going to win, but I was hoping for at least a 2-round fight.

Chuck should have kept his guard up.

My favorite is Kit Cope, he hasn't done too hot in UFC, and is kinda new to the scece, but in Muiy Thai, and kick boxing he is great to watch, he was a nobody alternate, who came filled in for a fight in Vegas, and beat the number one ranked fighter. Ever since I saw that on ESPN2 I have been a fan, plus he is entertaingi nof the wild world of spike.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys hear that Zuffa Corporation (which owns UFC) purchased PRIDE back at the beginning of May. I guess that explains the influx of Pride fighters into the UFC.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sport...cle_1633234.php

They say they'll keep running Pride and UFC as 2 separate entities, but i really wonder how long it'll take before they fold Pride and start holding the UFC in Japan on a semi-regular basis.

• 2 months later...
I expected Gonzaga to destroy Cotoure, i won't under estimate him ever again.He was great, he didn't just beat him he beat him down

I thought that Gonzaga was going to make quick work of Randy or that maybe at the most, Couture would be able to defend for a bit. I was hoping for Randy to win, but also trying not to set myself up for disappointment.

Boy was I wrong.

I can't believe that Randy dominated that entire fight against a younger, stronger opponent. Never again will I doubt him.

I'm also happy that GSP beat Koscheck. God I hate that little prick! And to add insult to injury, GSP out-wrestled him even after Koscheck was talking all that shit!

I expected Gonzaga to destroy Cotoure, i won't under estimate him ever again.He was great, he didn't just beat him he beat him down

I thought that Gonzaga was going to make quick work of Randy or that maybe at the most, Couture would be able to defend for a bit. I was hoping for Randy to win, but also trying not to set myself up for disappointment.

Boy was I wrong.

I can't believe that Randy dominated that entire fight against a younger, stronger opponent. Never again will I doubt him.

I'm also happy that GSP beat Koscheck. God I hate that little prick! And to add insult to injury, GSP out-wrestled him even after Koscheck was talking all that shit!

I got a great deal of pleasure out of seing that little fucker get what he asked for, he claimed GSP couldn't take him down and the whole match was GSP giving him a lesson in take downs, Koscheck is no where close to the hype that surrounds him.

Good future fight is Franklin Vs Silva and Bisbing Vs Hammill

Im not sure what way the Franklin fight will go but i think Hammill is going to get his ass wooped, i love Bisbing because he's a great British fighter but fuck me there is tension between them.

Randy won that fight with a broken arm! He broke it blocking a high kick from Gonzagas. I want to see Josh Barnett come back for a rematch with Randy.

Any predictions for Rampage vs. Henderson?

As much as I like Rampage (I was thrilled to see him whip Chuck AGAIN!), I think Henderson is going to leave the Octagon with 3 belts.

Anderson Silva is going to destroy Rich Franklin again. Atleast that's what I think.

Rumor has it that in December on the same card as Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra, they're going to have Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Also, Brock Lesnar is almost guaranteed to be making his UFC debut in the first half of 2008.