The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

I'm looking forword to seeing Brock Lesnar's debut in the octagon at UFC 81.

Im curious, they say he is a very well rounded fighter considering his relative inexperience in the octogon.Imagine that big fucker jamming you up against the cage. :confused:

Haha I know, the man is a beast. Definetly the largest heavy weight now in the UFC. Frank Mir is very good at submissions on the ground so this fight should be interesting to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, what did everyone think of the Lesnar fight?

I thought he did well considering it was his first, he just needs some proper experience, looked a bit lost at points I thought. Top comeback by Mir.

The title fight was good too, fantastic guillotine submission.

Actually that was his 2nd MMA fight....it was his first UFC fight. In his first MMA fight he demolished some guy in about 60 seconds. He would have beaten Mir if he would have just backed away from him instead of standing over him when he was on the ground. He almost knocked Mir out up to that point....and judging from Mir's face afterwards, Mir wouldn't have been able to take much more of that beating. I'm sure he'll learn for next time.

I thought he did well considering it was his first, he just needs some proper experience, looked a bit lost at points I thought. Top comeback by Mir.

Needs to work on his submission defence.. he went in just throwing limbs in everywhere. Was only a matter of time until Mir grabbed a hold of one.

Would love to see him go up against another standup fighter though. Somebody who isn't a submission expert... Lesnar vs Sylvia?

Needs to work on his submission defence.. he went in just throwing limbs in everywhere. Was only a matter of time until Mir grabbed a hold of one.

Would love to see him go up against another standup fighter though. Somebody who isn't a submission expert... Lesnar vs Sylvia?

Would be a good match - good call.

Although Anderson Silva vs. Brock would be awesome... Knees + Brocks Face = Hilarity.

Brock looked fucking great, without the submission Mir was in deep trouble.

If he works on his submission defence and get a bit more knowledge on position in the cage and when to stand off he could be great to watch, i like Mir but i was rooting for Brock, as soon as he came out and started smashing Mir i was off my seat.

UFC is more real, hence why I dig it a lot more. Plus, my era/generation of wrestlers who I grew up with are slowly fading out - that might be why.

The UFC IS REAL....the WWE IS NOT....lol.

Thank you, Einstein. Regardless, you cannot deny the physical toll it takes upon one's body - regardless of whether the WWE is "real". The matches finish may be predetermined, but you would be stupid to deny the actual physical risks undertaken whilst entertaining in the squared circle.

UFC is brutal real, WWE is showbiz real.

UFC is more real, hence why I dig it a lot more. Plus, my era/generation of wrestlers who I grew up with are slowly fading out - that might be why.

The UFC IS REAL....the WWE IS NOT....lol.

Thank you, Einstein. Regardless, you cannot deny the physical toll it takes upon one's body - regardless of whether the WWE is "real". The matches finish may be predetermined, but you would be stupid to deny the actual physical risks undertaken whilst entertaining in the squared circle.

UFC is brutal real, WWE is showbiz real.

LOL....sure the WWE is physically challenging...and yes, there is a certain amount of physical toll it takes on one's body - but most of that is due to the fact that they wrestle so many matches with very little time off to recover...not the actual individual matches themselves. The moves are all well, thought out, artistic manuevers at best...they do have a toll on the body but only after doing them dozens if not hundreds of times within the span of a few weeks, months, and years....NOT FROM DOING THE MOVE ONCE OR TWICE IN A MATCH....unless of course one of the guys performing the move screws up, then there could be injury involved. That's why they ALL TAKE STEROIDS AND HGH....helps in their recovery time.

The UFC on the other hand is real, period. You won't see a UFC fighter fight 3 or 4 times in a one month period like you would a WWE wrestler - why is that?? Because they're career span would be about a year! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Coleman in August!!!!

Man, Anderson Silva looks fuckin unstoppable right now. He still hasn't had a fight go past the 2nd round in the UFC. I was surprised he submitted Henderson in the 2nd. I thought that fight would make it to the 4th or 5th round before Silva won.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't follow MMA or UFC, but I met these some guys this weekend at a club in Minneapolis. who apparently fight in the UFC, or so I was told

One guy's name was Antonio Nuguierae (sp?) and the other guy was Spider Silve (sp?) people would come up to him and call him spider, or I heard him called Anderson the Spider Silve. I bullshitted with them and their party for a minute or 2 but was really loud to really talk with them. They were both built like tanks from what I could tell and always had a bunch of people around them. So do these guys have any game in UFC, or are they a bunch of no name bums?

Edited by steve-o

I don't follow MMA or UFC, but I met these some guys this weekend at a club in Minneapolis. who apparently fight in the UFC, or so I was told

One guy's name was Antonio Nuguierae (sp?) and the other guy was Spider Silve (sp?) people would come up to him and call him spider, or I heard him called Anderson the Spider Silve. I bullshitted with them and their party for a minute or 2 but was really loud to really talk with them. They were both built like tanks from what I could tell and always had a bunch of people around them. So do these guys have any game in UFC, or are they a bunch of no name bums?

No, they are both pretty good. I think they both held the titles in different weight classes at one point or another.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking very forward to Lesnar and Coleman but at the same time, I don't want to see it happen because I love Coleman and don't want him to lose. BUT... I also don't want Brock to lose. I think he has a very promising career in MMA ahead of him but if he loses this fight, I'm afraid he'll be pushed to the back and it will be that much harder to get back on a main card. BUT, I love Mark Coleman and he really deserves a good win. AHHHHHH!