Get the morale up people!

tippin

I can't believe people around here have given up hope for this year. <_< What's wrong with you people? Many of you are mygnr vets for crying out loud. The same people who were saying we would have the album in November of '04, with not even an Axl sighting to get us excited about it.

Fuck people! We have been told, many times over, that the album WILL BE OUT THIS YEAR. We've got 2 1/2 months to go. This has not been said by some second hand source, or some friend of a friend of a friend, this has been said, pubicly by W. Axl Rose himself!

God damn it. I will be an "I told you so" giving mother fucker when, by December 31st, we have Chinese Democracy in our hands. I know how this board works, and I know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but hold your fuckin heads up people. This whining is getting old.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you Oct. - Dec. of '05?

Pessimism and bickering were at an all-time high.

I was here, but the difference was that Axl hadn't even been seen in years. The whole 2005 will be the year of Guns N Roses comment just reeked of total bullshit from about October till the end of the year. It just wasn't anywhere close to being feasible....Now, on the other hand, we've had a succesfull tour, and Axl's been back in the mainstream public eye for months.

W. Axl Rose is not some paragon of credibility. He says a lot of things, but he marches to his own beat. Putting deadlines on a guy like him is just asking to be dissapointed.

I definitely feel we are closer than we have ever been to getting the album, but I'd be surprised if it came out this year. At this point, the first quarter of 2007 seems much more likely. If it was coming out within the next 3 months, we'd already know about it from the marketing machine. ESPECIALLY for a high profile expensive album like this....

If it was coming out within the next 3 months, we'd already know about it from the marketing machine. ESPECIALLY for a high profile expensive album like this....

But we do know. They wouldn't have said it was coming out this year so many times if it wasn't.

10 Tuesdays left of 2006.... tick-tock ;)

W. Axl Rose is not some paragon of credibility. He says a lot of things, but he marches to his own beat. Putting deadlines on a guy like him is just asking to be dissapointed.

I definitely feel we are closer than we have ever been to getting the album, but I'd be surprised if it came out this year. At this point, the first quarter of 2007 seems much more likely. If it was coming out within the next 3 months, we'd already know about it from the marketing machine. ESPECIALLY for a high profile expensive album like this....

Who knows whats going on behind the scenes? There could be some kind of huge marketing blitz being organized in secret. Who the fuck knows. All we know, is what Axl has said.

If it was coming out within the next 3 months, we'd already know about it from the marketing machine. ESPECIALLY for a high profile expensive album like this....

But we do know. They wouldn't have said it was coming out this year so many times if it wasn't.

10 Tuesdays left of 2006.... tick-tock ;)

Thank you highvoltage! NOBODY KNOWS whats going on behind the scenes. I can almost guarantee you that this album will come in some never before seen kind of way.

No - you miss the point. GN'R fans have complained for so long, that now that they have nothing to complain about, they don't know what to say/do - so they complain more.

Don't you get how it works? :kiss:

Amen, brotha.

I really feel bad for the likes of Kaneda, Takeshi, and well... we all know the usual suspects. Their lives have centered around any kind of misfortune by a musical group on some fan forum... and general negative speculation. Very, very sad indeed. I'll never figure out why folks like that waste time in places online on a subject they 1) really know nothing about and 2) seemingly profess their dismay over anything and everything having to do with the group and how it operates. You know, I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers and hope they suck ass as much as possible (sorry Steeler fans... hey, good game Sunday though) but I don't waste my time on a Steeler fan forum and try to convince everyone there how much they suck or how bad they're doing or why their fans shouldn't follow them. Besides, at the end of the day, the Steelers might just win another Super Bowl. I personally think they have an inferiority complex in real life and their 'ways' here are the only solice they get out of existance. Very, very pathetic.

And you know what, if they're right... and that's a HUGE fucking if... fan-fucking-tastic. It won't be the end of my world. But, if they're wrong... and there's a pretty good chance of that being the case, their worlds would seemingly be ruined. C'mon Takeshi, I know you want to respond to that. Go look up something online and quote somebody to fuel your inferiority complex.

When the album hits and all of their speculation is shot down and all of their arguments and opinions are proved incorrect, they'll be the first in line to kiss ass and praise the GNR camp for their good work.

And you know what, they'll do the same thing 5 or 10 years from now if that's when CD comes out too.

MARK MY WORDS.

Edited by Matt13

No - you miss the point. GN'R fans have complained for so long, that now that they have nothing to complain about, they don't know what to say/do - so they complain more.

Amen, brotha.

I really feel bad for the likes of Kaneda, Takeshi, and well... we all know the usual suspects. Their lives have centered around any kind of misfortune by a musical group on some fan forum... and general negative speculation. Very, very sad indeed. I'll never figure out why folks like that waste time in places online on a subject they 1) really know nothing about and 2) seemingly profess their dismay over anything and everything having to do with the group and how it operates. You know, I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers and hope they suck ass as much as possible (sorry Steeler fans... hey, good game Sunday though) but I don't waste my time on a Steeler fan forum and try to convince everyone there how much they suck or how bad they're doing or why their fans shouldn't follow them. Besides, at the end of the day, the Steelers might just win another Super Bowl. I personally think they have an inferiority complex in real life and their 'ways' here are the only solice they get out of existance. Very, very pathetic.

And you know what, if they're right... and that's a HUGE fucking if... fan-fucking-tastic. It won't be the end of my world. But, if they're wrong... and there's a pretty good chance of that being the case, their worlds would seemingly be ruined. C'mon Takeshi, I know you want to respond to that. Go look up something online and quote somebody to fuel your inferiority complex.

When the album hits and all of their speculation is shot down and all of their arguments and opinions are proved incorrect, they'll be the first in line to kiss ass and praise the GNR camp for their good work.

And you know what, they'll do the same thing 5 or 10 years from now if that's when CD comes out too.

MARK MY WORDS.

nice post brother,

seriously i too cant understand why anybody would want to waste their time with something thay are so negative about?

Honestly, I think a lot of the hardcore fans are being pessimistic right now just to kinda soften the blow if, God forbid, this is a rehash of 2002. I know Axl has said a couple times that "It is this year." But he made similar comments in 2002. You know, the whole "It feels right." and "Its time to wrap up the baby" comments.

Im not saying that this isnt the year. It really seems like it is!!!

But I can see why some fans remain skepticle thus far. But in the end, they want it just as bad as you do. Maybe more.

Edited by sofine11

Honestly, I think a lot of the hardcore fans are being pessimistic right now just to kinda soften the blow if, God forbid, this is a rehash of 2002. I know Axl has said a couple times that "It is this year." But he made similar comments in 2002. You know, the whole "It feels right." and "Its time to wrap up the baby" comments.

But I can see why some fans remain skepticle thus far. But in the end, they want it just as bad as you do. Maybe more.

What about the fax to MTV 10 YEARS AGO when he said "there ***will be*** a new album next summer with 12 songs and 3 songs for b-sides"

This guy has been saying the album is coming out for so many years it's not funny. Is it REALLY that hard to make? Has he figured out some new mystical way to make music that is SO secret that no band before him has ever attempted and the only drawback is that it takes years and years and $13 million? If it comes out, it comes out. Making thread after thread and wasting time wondering about the release and lecturing each other about how record companies work and when a single should come out etc is such a waste of time and energy. I'll be happy to see it released and I know it'll sell at least 2 million out of the box but how many more weird mind games till the next album?

Amen, brotha.

MARK MY WORDS.

Atta boy Matt. There's gonna be a whole lot of "Humble Pie" going around when this does come out.....and I for one won't forget those who are bitching and whining right now.

Great post! Good to put it in perspective.

I think a lot of us have been conditioned over the years to feel like the lyrics to "14 Years" when it comes to Chinese Democracy.

That's bullshit. "14 years" means nothing as far as releasing the album is concerned. People can't go back to a totally coincidental song written 15/16 years ago and honestly be able to say they have been conditioned to believe it has anything to do with anything.

We'll see what happens.. All we can do is wait, and listen to the same classic tunes we've been listening to for years. If it comes out this year (which I personally believe it will, yee-haw!) then we'll be able to laugh in the faces of the sceptics, not only on this board, but fucking everywhere!

If it doesn't come out, then we, the ones who really care, will continue waiting until it does.

KK x

This is my favorite band, no matter what. I will support them, no matter what.

That's the way it should be. I just don't understand why many of the vets are all of a sudden changing their tunes all of a sudden. For the longest time, we had nothing.....now it's right around the corner.

That's the way it should be. I just don't understand why many of the vets are all of a sudden changing their tunes all of a sudden. For the longest time, we had nothing.....now it's right around the corner.

mosts of the "vets" probably remember 2002. thats what it is

I think the problem is, it's "right around the corner" but there's no promotion, no buzz. It's kind of touching that some GN'R fans have so much faith in their idol that they think this album will leap straight to #1 and see off all the competition - but we're dealing with commercial realities here, people. All those guys going, "Who the fuck cares about Jay-Z's new album competing with GN'R, he's just a rapper?" seem to have lost their grip on reality; there are a lot more rap fans than rock fans nowadays, and if GN'R try and compete with him - especially with no promotion - they're in for a rude shock. Hell, maybe Axl has some grand master plan for selling a multi-platinum album with no promotion mere weeks before the release, and I'll be proved wrong. I'll be interested to see if that's the case.

Blind faith in Axl's mysterious ways will not carry the album to #1, though. They need to get off their asses and start promoting this thing now. Monthly music magazines are working on their November issues now; they need review copies, or at least a listening party. TV stations are scheduling for November; they need to make space in their schedules for GN'R specials. These are facts; this is how the industry works, and GN'R needs to work within that system.

SG