Get the morale up people!

tippin

Nice post tippin.

I agree, how could you not believe this is the year?

3 new songs played live. A Euro tour, an official website, a North American CHINESE DEMOCRACY tour and

Fuckin Axl Rose and Management both releasing numerous statements throughout the year that it will come out by the end of the year???

Like you said, we barely even saw THE man the past few years and now to get all this. You need to have some faith.

I'll be with you with the I told you so's.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread. I agree. I sometimes feel like I am the only one who is still remaining positive and I believe the album will be out this year! I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is getting annoyed with all this negative shit.

Thank you PTU! I'm glad someone else is taking the optimistic approach!

I think people are forgetting that no matter how phenomenal the album may be, no naysayer will ever admit to it because they just don't want to. I'm not saying the album will indeed be a masterpiece, but even if it's good, there will be threads-a-plenty that say otherwise, even if the general consensus concludes that the album is damn good.

Oh well.

Sad, but true.

So what do you guys think Kaneda's posts will be after CD is released? I honestly think that, for awhile anyway, his posts will become more optimistic. Before you laugh, remember; he was RAVING about the Hammersein shows back in April.

I think alot of these whiners will end up coming around.....for a little while anyway! :unsure:

I quite frankly could give two shits about what Kaneda posts after the album drops. He'll just start skipping on another record.

Simple fact is they still have time for a 2006 release. So nobody can successfully argue that it's too late.

Another simple fact is that we have no clue what they are planning to do in terms of promotion. So nobody can successfully argue that what they are doing is wrong.

I don't mind people commenting or speculating on things, hell I do it all the time. It's just when they state opinion as if it's fact, that makes me cringe.

In my opinion real promotion could begin any day now.

GNR fans are like women. No matter how much you treat them like crap.....they just keep coming back for more.

You might wear wife beaters, drink moonshine, live in a trailor and beat the shit out of your wife, but speak for yourself and your mountain people only.

Fucking hick son-of-a-bitch.

WTF? When does "treat like crap" automatically mean physical violence? It could mean anything. It could mean giving someone a bad look.

That's an old high school joke. It does not infer violence, alcohol, or any of the other crap you mentioned. I dont know what environment you live in, but it was an innocent joke.

Edited by PS_PoWeR

GNR fans are like women. No matter how much you treat them like crap.....they just keep coming back for more.

You might wear wife beaters, drink moonshine, live in a trailor and beat the shit out of your wife, but speak for yourself and your mountain people only.

Fucking hick son-of-a-bitch.

WTF? When does "treat like crap" automatically mean physical violence? It could mean anything. It could mean giving someone a bad look.

That's an old high school joke. It does not infer violence, alcohol, or any of the other crap you mentioned. I dont know what environment you live in, but it was an innocent joke.

i took it as just cheating and arguing.

Nice post tippin.

3 new songs played live. A Euro tour, an official website, a North American CHINESE DEMOCRACY tour and

Fuckin Axl Rose and Management both releasing numerous statements throughout the year that it will come out by the end of the year???

Like you said, we barely even saw THE man the past few years and now to get all this. You need to have some faith.

I love the fuckin positivity! Alot of people need to get their heads out of their asses, look around, and smell the fuckin roses. We'll know something in the next few weeks; and that's FOR SURE.

Nice thread. I agree. I sometimes feel like I am the only one who is still remaining positive and I believe the album will be out this year! I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is getting annoyed with all this negative shit.

Count me in too, PTU. I think I've been even more positive since seeing them live, and even if CD is delayed even later, I can still be content. We've waited this long, so I think we can make it.

Nice post tippin.

I love the fuckin positivity! Alot of people need to get their heads out of their asses, look around, and smell the fuckin roses. We'll know something in the next few weeks; and that's FOR SURE.

dont worry brother, in a few weeks time we will be the ones kicking back knowing for sure that we havent been little pansies "o the cd is not comming, how can they do this to us, if its not out by 2007 im done....", and enjoying what is about to unfold.

Edited by ohmygod

First off, the analogy with the Steelers, a team you hate, is way off base. It's pretty easy to see that the vast majority of people here are big Guns fans, hence the frustration with the lack of real publicity around the album and the 2006 timeframe.

And secondly, if Axl DOES release the album like we all hope and *should* be automatic at this point, there will be no "eating of humble pie" by anyone. Using that train of thought, dinner was supposed to have been served several years ago by our master chef, with only the measliest of crumbs tossed here and there.

Instead, it's been one BIG PIE in the face to those who were similarly so sure we'd get this back in 2002 and even earlier.

Going back to your sports analogy, instead of sounding like chest-thumping know-it-alls, what you really sound like are the poor Cubs fans who every year must thoroughly convince themselves their time has finally come. I think the album may be coming, but then again I was a hell of alot more confident with the Cubbies 3-1 game lead in the '03 NLCS with Pryor and Wood on the mound... ;)

Edited by Turn_It_Up

your a sillybuns if you think that an album will be promoted and released within a one month period...obviously it wont be December so that narrows down to november for promotion and a release....as someone who has worked in the music industry i know that the process takes longer then that and if they are thinking about a single first then its

2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007?

p.s if there is no announcement before november then its a "thumbs down"

Edited by motownjunkie

your a sillybuns if you think that an album will be promoted and released within a one month period...obviously it wont be December so that narrows down to november for promotion and a release....as someone who has worked in the music industry i know that the process takes longer then that and if they are thinking about a single first then its

What you wanna bet motown?

What you wanna bet motown?

i would bet my soul on it.....you think im bluffing sillybuns?..you sillybuns

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGN HERE to BET SOUL: Motown Junkie (in fancy squiggly writing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in spite of this im still semi optomistic about a surprise announcement anytime now... :shifty:

Edited by motownjunkie

don't worry people, jay-z only officially confirmed his album release on november 20th today, and the 'new' beatles album was only confirmed today for a november 20th release date, so we shouldn't start worrying for another few weeks yet

yeah but jay-z has been touring and already released a single. for the beatles, meh, they broke up 36 years ago. it's not like people have been waiting years for new material. there's more at stake here for "gnr"

ye but still the release dates were only announced yesterday and thats the point im trying to make

Morale should be bad????????//

I'm fuckin going to the Palace to see GNR for the 3rd time this year, this time for the Chinese Democracy tour. There is still plenty of time for an album relese this year that has been promised and my morale should be bad???

I'm fuckin excited...........CD is gonna kick ass and I will be able to shove it in all my anti GNR friends faces.

My concern is that there hasn't been a single released, there's been no official announcement, and there's been no promotion aside from a tour and "it'll be out this year" quotes from interviews.

I just can't see them announcing at the end of November that, oh, by the way, Chinese Democracy is comming out in three weeks, go get it.

There's been no promotion, no true confirmation that it was actually comming out, nothing. Yea, there's the tour, but that could be cancelled tomorrow for all we know.

It's either not comming out anytime soon, or it'll be the worst promoted album release of a big name band ever. Not even a single yet?

I think that it'll be out this year. With the record companys cryptic announcement that there are "13 tuesdays" left in 2006, I tend to believe that the cd will be out this year. Of course with Axl you can never be 100% sure of anything. But I think that this will be the year. So I am not one of the pessimistic ones here