If Axl doesn't mention album or sing a new song live when tour starts

Kaneda

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even care about new songs being played because they were played back in 2002, but if there is no mention of the album by Axl at the shows which goes fer beyond "There was legal troubles, it will be out in 2007." or "We are 99% done." then I quit.

Axl better give a DAMN good reason as to why ChiDem doesn't come out THIS YEAR, and new songs shouldn't be the reason to keep us around. He said it would come repeatedly, now I believe him until otherwise told but I am very skeptical. And if this album if not released this year, then he lied. Plain and simple....

He should show us anough respect to MAKE SURE he holds his word which is the strongest statement he has ever made about this album..."It will be out this year." (something along those lines at the VMA interview).....and all the shit about how Axl doesn't owe us anything, he does. Some of his fans have waited since 2002 for this album. I have waited since January of 2005 and I am getting tired. Imagine how the people from 1999 must feel. I don't even know how they are still sticking around.

If Axl doesn't owe it to them, then Axl owes it to the people who were at the shows in 2002 and the people who have it in their sigs the dates and places of 3 shows in 2006. He owes it to the people who know every word of "the Blues". And if it doesn't get released this year and he doesn't have an amazing excuse for it, then he gave us die-hard fans, but mostly the people that have been here since 2002, the biggest let-down and lie in Guns n' Roses history. And for that I give up on his EVEN IF the album comes out in 2007. Because while we have all the love in the world, he doens't respect us one bit. His current state with his current band would go into the same class as every other artist out there. I would still love the old Guns though. Always.

That's my thoughts on the matter...sorry guys.

Totally agree.

The amount of shit I have put up with from my mates over this album. I have a number of bets on its release this year.

The only explanation I can think of is that Axl will promote this album during the tour and let that news spread virally. So when the tour kicks off, if there is no discussion of the album and no new songs added to the setlist, prepare for a real backlash from fans.

how would he spread the news virally? do you mean in a sort of HIV or FLU formula

if you mean verbally' i doubt it, if there was anything to promote' they would've done it by now

but thats my opinion' if you dont agree with it, thats another matter

Invest in a dictionary Lawrence.

if it don't come out this year i will give up

Im in the same boat.

i think most people gave up when buckethead walked out

i'd still like an answer to how axl will spread the news VIRALLY,

No, I jumped for fucking joy when the freak show walked out the door.

Again, invest in a dictionary. Kaneda was using the term 'virally' figuratively. Do you understand figuratively?

invest in a life :fuckyou:

You asked, village idiot :rolleyes:

I don't know if I'd want them to add any more new songs to the set list. For an album that's supposed to be 13 or so songs, we've already heard 7 of them through live performances or demos. As it is, whenever the album does come out, I'll have waited over 10 years to hear probably 4 completely new songs I haven't heard before that day.

I don't know if I'd want them to add any more new songs to the set list. For an album that's supposed to be 13 or so songs, we've already heard 7 of them through live performances or demos. As it is, whenever the album does come out, I'll have waited over 10 years to hear probably 4 completely new songs I haven't heard before that day.

you've seen the song list for CD?? :huh:

you've seen the song list for CD?? :huh:

Well you'd think Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, I.R.S, Better, T.W.A.T and Catcher in the Rye are all going to be on there. I like all of those songs, and would love to hear recorded versions of them, but that leaves only four other songs on the album, if Axl's comment about it being a 13 song record is true. Maybe they'll drop some of the songs they've played lately, but I don't see why they'd be playing/promoting new songs that won't make the album.

Anyhow the latest *rumour* from HTGTH is that there will be silence once again this week, but there will be a press release announcing the album next Monday the day before the tour begins.:)

you r full of shit

I'm surprised you didn't email your great buddy Ron to find out if this is true :rolleyes:

if it don't come out this year i will give up

its coming ;)

not a personal attack or an Axl attack, but didn't everyone (including me) say that it will definetly be out in september when axl was on the radio and said "this fall"

just shows how everyone(including me) hoped and were certain of its release in fall but nothing

i still hope it is coming out this year but as many people said already, this album will be promoted big time and as of now we have heard fuck all

It will be a very bad sign if there isn't some word about the album, either from a press release or from Axl during the early shows of the tour. If we had some more information it would be a great help. We don't know if they're still working on the album or if it's been finished and handed over to the record company. The silence we're getting now could be the preparation for the promotion campaign or Axl could still be working away in the studio searching for perfection.

Time will tell.