Ames Iowa is the measuring stick of Axl's popularity.

Carne_asaDA

If you want an idea on how popular Axl's band is. Take the small town out of the whole tour. Of course GnR will sell out in L.A., Chicago, NY, Miami,....whatever. There is millions of people in those cities and all they need to really sell is around 20 - 25 thousand tickets. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal. It's been over a week since Ames tickets have been on sale, and I'm still able to purchase the maximum amount of GA tickets. And that's 50.

Good luck Ax

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want an idea on how popular Axl's band is. Take the small town out of the whole tour. Of course GnR will sell out in L.A., Chicago, NY, Miami,....whatever. There is millions of people in those cities and all they need to really sell is around 20 - 25 thousand tickets. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal. It's been over a week since Ames tickets have been on sale, and I'm still able to purchase the maximum amount of GA tickets. And that's 50.

Good luck Ax

Different band, different times.

Stop living in the past.

It might not sell out across the board, but sales for all cities of the tour are going quite well.

Cheers.

Good luck Ax

Stop living in the past.

It might not sell out across the board, but sales for all cities of the tour are going quite well.

Cheers.

How am I "living in the past"??

. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal.

Yeah, I wonder why? retard! :lol:

Because Axl WAS NOT washed up.........................retard!!

or maybe because Ames Iowa has a smaller population than Iowa city? :rolleyes:

I mean, how could it ever be that Axl's selling less tickets in a small city than a state's namesake city brimming with people?it makes absolutely no sense! :rolleyes:

Good luck Ax

Stop living in the past.

Cheers.

You know what??

I guess I am living in the past.

I thought it was still 2003 where people on this board thought that GnR was still gonna take over the world and take over the whole music industry.

My bad...

Based on the responses so far, I guess reality is finally starting to sink in to the dumbass Axl ball swingers on this board. Slowly but surely.

stupid me. :rolleyes:

NO retard :lol: Axl was at the top of the game back in 93 .....Today mulletheads of Ames Iowa :rofl-lol: have no idea Axl is alive!

your biff out of back the future arnt you?

you must be, you sound just like him...."so why dont you make like a tree and get the hell out of here!"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal.

I mean, how could it ever be that Axl's selling less tickets in a small city than a state's namesake city brimming with people?it makes absolutely no sense! :rolleyes:

Actually, Ames has always drawn the Top-named concerts in the state of Iowa. McCartney and the Rolling Stones has both recently stopped there.

Actually, Ames has always drawn the Top-named concerts in the state of Iowa. McCartney and the Rolling Stones has both recently stopped there.

the rolling stones had the super bowl as promotion enough, plus the fact that thier the rolling stones

mccartney's a beatle, you can get much better promotion, but when you add in his wings career, you can expect sold out shows if there's any idea that thier gonna show up

even in 93, gnr weren't the stones or mccartney

and for another reality check, gnr had been touring for 2 years prior, so publicity couldn't have been higher

plus you add on that gnr hasn't released an album in a loooong time, and voila

when the mlb promotion (really) kicks in you'll see it

until then you should never match a new band to a band in it's prime

you wouldn't match the stones with brian jones to the stones of today, would you?

Since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, I'll fill you in. Ames, Iowa is a top midwestern concert site since it draws from Iowa State Univ./des moines, IA/kansas city/omaha, NE/Illinois border towns & all the other good sized Iowa cities since it is centrally located & at the intersection of two major interstates. Ames has a base population of 54k, Iowa City has 64, so I doubt that's the reason tickets are barely selling as compared to the 93 Iowa City show. I am very familiar with that part of the country & laughed when I saw fakegnr had booked arena shows in both Ames & Minny. Just a bad, bad idea that shows how out of touch this orginization is with reality. Someone still seems to think it's 1992.

Hey, I've got an idea. How about A. Who gives a shit and B. Why do you have to use this board to be dicks to one another? Go onto pantywastewhiners.com and have your menstrul hissyfits at one another.

Are you just fucking jealous because you live in Alaska and you don't get shows???

Hell, you don't even get that blonde haired, snaggle toothed, folk singer that's from your neck of the woods to perform in your "state". :rolleyes:

Hey, I've got an idea. How about A. Who gives a shit and B. Why do you have to use this board to be dicks to one another? Go onto pantywastewhiners.com and have your menstrul hissyfits at one another.

Are you just fucking jealous because you live in Alaska and you don't get shows???

Hell, you don't even get that blonde haired, snaggle toothed, folk singer that's from your neck of the woods to perform in your "state". :rolleyes:

I have nothing of which to be jealous living in my "state".

1. Size matters, and we're twice as big as the next largest state.

2. We don't get big bands much, but we get great shows. The Nuge comes up here every year, and one of the best Aerosmith shows I've ever seen was here.

3. I get $4000 dollars a year from my government just for living here.

4. Without my state, you'd all be riding bikes by now.

5. It was 70-80 all summer where I'm from, how about for you??

6. Do I take 402 to mean you're from Nebraska??? And you're mocking Alaska **crickets chirping** :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I don't think it's fair to say Axl's washed up at all. He's never really done anything has he? He dissapeared after 1993 and is back now with an album on the way and a brilliant new band?! ;)

Also the comment about Alaska wasn't very cool. :huh:

the rolling stones had the super bowl as promotion enough, plus the fact that thier the rolling stones

mccartney's a beatle, you can get much better promotion, but when you add in his wings career, you can expect sold out shows if there's any idea that thier gonna show up

even in 93, gnr weren't the stones or mccartney

and for another reality check, gnr had been touring for 2 years prior, so publicity couldn't have been higher

plus you add on that gnr hasn't released an album in a loooong time, and voila

when the mlb promotion (really) kicks in you'll see it

until then you should never match a new band to a band in it's prime

you wouldn't match the stones with brian jones to the stones of today, would you?

You don't get it.

Try to find any excuse you can............like "promotions".

Fact, Ames IA is a big concert town PERIOD!!!!!

Has been for many many years.

For whatever reason it is, I don't know. Especially when there's Des Moines and Omaha NE just a couple of hours away.

The Stones have been there many times, probably any mainstream show you name has been there.

I have nothing of which to be jealous living in my "state".

1. Size matters, and we're twice as big as the next largest state.

2. We don't get big bands much, but we get great shows. The Nuge comes up here every year, and one of the best Aerosmith shows I've ever seen was here.

3. I get $4000 dollars a year from my government just for living here.

4. Without my state, you'd all be riding bikes by now.

5. It was 70-80 all summer where I'm from, how about for you??

6. Do I take 402 to mean you're from Nebraska??? And you're mocking Alaska **crickets chirping** :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Um yes I live in Nebraska and I know the national perception of NE is cornfields and farms. Granted most of the state is like that......BUT.......I live in OMAHA and this is a city. We have everything and anything and everybody here. I don't claim and I don't like the rest of this state. But at least we get concerts in our ARENA. Which by the way is TOP 10 in the world for 2 years in a row when it comes to concert ticket sales.

They got to pay you to live in Alaska???? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Well I can tell you that the lack of promotion for any of the concerts Ames included isnt helping things at all. There is a guy I work with that likes GNR but didnt have a clue they were coming to Ames or were even playing at all. Now that he knows he is picking up some tickets and letting others know. So there are at least 4 tickets to the show getting sold that I know of. rock3rock3rock3