Ames Iowa is the measuring stick of Axl's popularity.

Carne_asaDA

Um yes I live in Nebraska and I know the national perception of NE is cornfields and farms. Granted most of the state is like that......BUT.......I live in OMAHA and this is a city. We have everything and anything and everybody here. I don't claim and I don't like the rest of this state. But at least we get concerts in our ARENA. Which by the way is TOP 10 in the world for 2 years in a row when it comes to concert ticket sales.

They got to pay you to live in Alaska???? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

They don't have to, they just do. I'm from Illinois, which is basically Nebraska except cooler (you know, it's a place that actually has pro sports teams and something other than cornfields..and, just as a plug, IL and IA corn is way better than NE corn). I've been through Nebraska many times, though I failed to stop because, well, there was nothing to stop for. Unlike AK, which is far and away the most beautiful state I've ever seen. Also, doesn't your ticket sales stat just reflect the lack of something to do in NE as a whole? Let's see, what are your other options... watch the Huskers lose another football game, watch the corn grow, imagine living somewhere that isn't the armpit of America...yeah, I'm out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal.

Yeah, I wonder why? retard! :lol:

Because Axl WAS NOT washed up.........................retard!!

or maybe because Ames Iowa has a smaller population than Iowa city? :rolleyes:

I mean, how could it ever be that Axl's selling less tickets in a small city than a state's namesake city brimming with people?it makes absolutely no sense! :rolleyes:

Actually, Ames has always drawn the Top-named concerts in the state of Iowa. McCartney and the Rolling Stones has both recently stopped there.

the rolling stones had the super bowl as promotion enough, plus the fact that thier the rolling stones

mccartney's a beatle, you can get much better promotion, but when you add in his wings career, you can expect sold out shows if there's any idea that thier gonna show up

even in 93, gnr weren't the stones or mccartney

and for another reality check, gnr had been touring for 2 years prior, so publicity couldn't have been higher

plus you add on that gnr hasn't released an album in a loooong time, and voila

when the mlb promotion (really) kicks in you'll see it

until then you should never match a new band to a band in it's prime

you wouldn't match the stones with brian jones to the stones of today, would you?

GNR are not The Rolling Stones or McCartney/Beatles (which I am a big fan of), but made better music than either one... Sorry it is true.

But at least we get concerts in our ARENA. Which by the way is TOP 10 in the world for 2 years in a row when it comes to concert ticket sales.

Oh right, that must be the reason to move to Nebraska. Right, come on everybody, come to visit Helsinki, we've got one of the biggest movie theaters in Europe, and the biggest of nordic countries. But does anyone care, no. Why? I thought we love our place of residence because of much simple reasons. Like the landscape, weather, national traditions, people and stuff.

Preach on brothaman.

I'm mostly just trying to get Da's goat for arguing about stupid shit anyway.

They don't have to, they just do. I'm from Illinois, which is basically Nebraska except cooler (you know, it's a place that actually has pro sports teams and something other than cornfields..and, just as a plug, IL and IA corn is way better than NE corn). I've been through Nebraska many times, though I failed to stop because, well, there was nothing to stop for. Unlike AK, which is far and away the most beautiful state I've ever seen. Also, doesn't your ticket sales stat just reflect the lack of something to do in NE as a whole? Let's see, what are your other options... watch the Huskers lose another football game, watch the corn grow, imagine living somewhere that isn't the armpit of America...yeah, I'm out.

You are saying my argument is dumb, but you are throwing corn in the mix??? C'mon man. I'm not gonna argue that this state sucks. You may have been to Nebraska, but you've never been to Omaha. Nebraska does suck and everything you said is true. But Omaha is completely different, because we are a city. The rest of the state like all the farmers and hicks do not like us. So I don't know where you are going with this. The whole point was to let you know that Ames is a concert town. I started to bash Alaska because I felt sorry for you. You guys never get concerts.

Oh and talk about corn all you want............but "prime" steaks are better than salmon, that's for sure. ;)

Oh right, that must be the reason to move to Nebraska. Right, come on everybody, come to visit Helsinki, we've got one of the biggest movie theaters in Europe, and the biggest of nordic countries. But does anyone care, no. Why? I thought we love our place of residence because of much simple reasons. Like the landscape, weather, national traditions, people and stuff.

:rolleyes: movie theatres?? landscape??? weather?? What does that have to do with concerts??

you totally just dipped in a conversation that totally did not concern you. And to make it so bad, I cannot believe that this is coming from someone who's from one of the worst bands to ever come out............H.I.M.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

If you want an idea on how popular Axl's band is. Take the small town out of the whole tour. Of course GnR will sell out in L.A., Chicago, NY, Miami,....whatever. There is millions of people in those cities and all they need to really sell is around 20 - 25 thousand tickets. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal. It's been over a week since Ames tickets have been on sale, and I'm still able to purchase the maximum amount of GA tickets. And that's 50.

Good luck Ax

The point is that the last original GnR album was out in 1991, the last (covers) album was out in 1993.

Which gig would you expect to sell out quicker:

1993 (2 years after the last original album and the same year as the last album)

2006 (15 years after the last original album and 13 years after the last album)

Now think about that and fuck off.

LP

Edited by Longpig

If you want an idea on how popular Axl's band is. Take the small town out of the whole tour. Of course GnR will sell out in L.A., Chicago, NY, Miami,....whatever. There is millions of people in those cities and all they need to really sell is around 20 - 25 thousand tickets. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal. It's been over a week since Ames tickets have been on sale, and I'm still able to purchase the maximum amount of GA tickets. And that's 50.

Good luck Ax

The point is that the last original GnR album was out in 1991, the last (covers) album was out in 1993.

1993 (2 years after the last original album and the same year as the last album)

LP

Thought about it..........fucked off...........and my theory is the same.

Axl's popularity is lower than my feet.

Thank you.

Mate you don't have to keep going, after you tore him to shreds the first time his arguments have been hilariously poor. Go Alaska! rock1

Good luck Ax

LP

Thank you.

Lower than your feet or lower than 1993?? You can't compare something to 1993 and then when perfectly good reasons are stated to show why tickets are slower than then change your argument to "well he's not popular anymore". I think you'll find he is popular but not as popular as when he'd just released an album and was 13 years younger etc...

The original GnR line-up if they stayed together wouldn't be as popular as they were in 1993 today. So you point is bollocks. You can't blame Axl for that it's just the way things are in music. David Bowie isn't as popular anymore, I suppose that's his fault for sacking Mick Ronson is it?

LP

Mate you don't have to keep going, after you tore him to shreds the first time his arguments have been hilariously poor. Go Alaska! rock1

Look....mate. You have no idea who tore who to shreds. You have no idea what town is a concert town here in the states. So go put on your plad skirt and go practice your bag pipes and maybe one day you can visit the states and see what it's really all about.

Good luck Ax

LP

Thank you.

Lower than your feet or lower than 1993?? You can't compare something to 1993 and then when perfectly good reasons are stated to show why tickets are slower than then change your argument to "well he's not popular anymore". I think you'll find he is popular but not as popular as when he'd just released an album and was 13 years younger etc...

The original GnR line-up if they stayed together wouldn't be as popular as they were in 1993 today. So you point is bollocks. You can't blame Axl for that it's just the way things are in music. David Bowie isn't as popular anymore, I suppose that's his fault for sacking Mick Ronson is it?

LP

If original GnR were still together, they would of sold out Ames by now. Guaranteed. Why the fuck am I even arguing with you. You are from England??

Will the Euroids please get a clue......this is not about you.

Look....mate. You have no idea who tore who to shreds. You have no idea what town is a concert town here in the states. So go put on your plad skirt and go practice your bag pipes and maybe one day you can visit the states and see what it's really all about.

Good luck Ax

LP

Thank you.

LP

If original GnR were still together, they would of sold out Ames by now. Guaranteed. Why the fuck am I even arguing with you. You are from England??

Will the Euroids please get a clue......this is not about you.

Hmmm... why are YOU arguing? I think after those comments it's clear you're an imbred mentally challenged kind of guy..... but I'll try once more to get my point of view across in a way a simpleton can understand.... ok....

Right:

1) regardless of where anyone is from people can see why a band of 2006 would not sell tickets of the same band as 1993 when the last album released is the same. So thanks for the racist and xenophobic comments but they're irrelevant.

2) Sure if the original GnR got together tomorrow then maybe, but I meant if the band stayed together and never split up from 85/6 to 2006, but didn't release another album since UYI/SI you think they would be as popular as 1993? No is the answer, and I'm sure you can even grasp that.

LP

. But take Ames Iowa. In 93 they sold out Iowa City in 20 minutes. That's the real deal.

Yeah, I wonder why? retard! :lol:

Because Axl WAS NOT washed up.........................retard!!

or maybe because Ames Iowa has a smaller population than Iowa city? :rolleyes:

I mean, how could it ever be that Axl's selling less tickets in a small city than a state's namesake city brimming with people?it makes absolutely no sense! :rolleyes:

Hate to burst your bubble on this one, but Iowa City is not that much bigger than Ames, AND Des Moines (Iowa's biggest city) is less than 30 minutes from Ames (while being 2 hours + from Iowa City). learn the facts.

**click**

hmmm...that one's selling well,can't use that one

**click**

that one's selling even better,can't use that one

**click**

that one only has pairs left in level 400,can't use that one

**click**

that one's doing pretty good too,damn!

**click**

this one's close to being sold out,can't use that one

**click**

that one's sold out,definitely can't use that one!!

**click**

AHHHHHHH...bingo!!!...This one isn't doin' to well yet,and tickets have been on sale for a week!

HA!!...PERFECT!!

**logs on to mygnr**

**clicks new topic**

yo...ticket sales suck in Ames IA...this tour's fucked,Axl's finished!!

:rolleyes:

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

AHHHHHHH...bingo!!!...This one isn't doin' to well yet,and tickets have been on sale for a week!

HA!!...PERFECT!!

**logs on to mygnr**

**clicks new topic**

You don't really think that's the only place not selling, do you?

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

**click**

HA!!...PERFECT!!

**logs on to mygnr**

**clicks new topic**

You don't really think that's the only place not selling, do you?

It was moreso a statement of my being dubious of certain motives.

Guys all venue's will sell fine I mean the only reason Guns was able to sell out of show they played was because in the 90's everything the band touched went to gold. I mean the band were legends and now Axl has to get people behind the new band and he has to tour to help put this new band on the map so that the people that dream about seeing the old band can wake up and finally see that it just ins't going to happen.

Bottom line is the shows will do fine and people should just relax for a change

how about baseing his popuarity on the ticket sales of Hailfax? it sold out, did it not?

Do you guys even know where halifax is? I do, but thats only because I live in Canada

Yeah but Canada rules, so we are exempt from the judging...

'cuz we're too cool.

You mean too "cold".

how about baseing his popuarity on the ticket sales of Hailfax? it sold out, did it not?

Do you guys even know where halifax is? I do, but thats only because I live in Canada

Yeah but Canada rules, so we are exempt from the judging...

'cuz we're too cool.

You mean too "cold".

:lol: yes, excuse me now, my igloo is melting from the computer heat

Edited by jc524

Good luck Ax

LP

Thank you.

Axl's popularity is lower than my feet......

Ha.........are your feet in the air in 402?? just jokin'

Its starting to generate some interest with Axl taking cue from Slash and becoming a celebrity whore and participating in the celebrity circus. Its not a complete blackout(but damn near)

But it is strange that Aimes gets a gig. I would have thought that they would have booked Moline like they did last time. That show was a long ways from being sold out by any means and the complete lack of promotion caught many people off of guard here in the Quad Cities. They( the fans) would have gone HAD THEY KNOWN ABOUT IT. There were tons of old school rockers there and a good assortment of younger fans. I think the last tour with all the smaller venues was nothing more than an experiment to see if anyone still cared and an attempt to not be viewed as a nostolgic act.

Could GNR200? still command the crowd draw of the old days? Judging from Europe this summer I say yes but its going to have to be pushed pretty hard on the tour trail.

Motley Crue was just here in Moline last weekend and thier show was far from being sold out but judging from the crowd they have managed to add a younger fan base. Thats the key for GNR they cant rely on old school middle aged rockers to fill the stadiums. Thier going to have to get off of thier asses and catch the attention to a generation with a musical attention span of nano seconds.

Edited by rockerman