Ames Iowa is the measuring stick of Axl's popularity.

Carne_asaDA

I live in Iowa City (up until 3 months ago), and am going to the Ames show. And the Target Center show in Minneapolis.

Ames is not much bigger than Iowa city, if any. Both cities have large university state schools, and yes Ames will sell out for sure.

I'm just glad to see some of my stomping ground get some representation (Iowa and Iowa City !! )

Hopefully I'll catch Axl after the show at some of the local bars! I Have an idea of which ones he might attend, if he does go out afterwards!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've got an idea. How about A. Who gives a shit and B. Why do you have to use this board to be dicks to one another? Go onto pantywastewhiners.com and have your menstrul hissyfits at one another.

Are you just fucking jealous because you live in Alaska and you don't get shows???

Hell, you don't even get that blonde haired, snaggle toothed, folk singer that's from your neck of the woods to perform in your "state". :rolleyes:

Oh come on now, Jewel got her teeth fixed.

Other than that da illest, I agree with you.

People get so offended when I started this post. This idea of Ames or any small midwestern town like Moline, Fargo, Wichita, would be a measuring stick for anybody and in any art form including stand-up comedy. This does not just apply to Ax.

How did it play in Peoria is a common colloquialism after all...wait, that's in Illinois, too.

I think many things that da illest said in this thread are really very very sad.

And i don´t mean the attempt to show us all how washed up Axl is, and that he just can´t sell tickets anymore. Oh thank you my dear, you opened my eyes, i really regret going to novarock, now that i know that it´s not cool anymore to be into G´n´R or into Axl, i should change my point of view.

You seem so fucking xenophobic that i can´t believe it. You offend other people, people from Nebraska, and us "Eurids" (sorry i don´t know this term), so what´s your point?

You live in a better city than the rest of us? Good for you, so go out and have fun in you real cool city, where there´s so much fun to have, Why do you bother us people who live in washed up countris and can´t have fun without being on the internet.

PS: Love Austria, and am really looking forward to when the snow will fall, snowboarding yeah

I'm just glad to see some of my stomping ground get some representation (Iowa and Iowa City !! )

Hopefully I'll catch Axl after the show at some of the local bars! I Have an idea of which ones he might attend, if he does go out afterwards!

Which local bars would those be? I went to ISU so I am familiar with the town. Which bars are you thinking would be attractive to Axl & Co.? People's?