anyone find this a bit discouraging?

Allen8R

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=81823

ok, I'm not usualy one to complain or point out negative things, but why in the hell would they be talking about a 2007 release for a biography when there seems to be this other...well...kinda...more anticipated and IMPORTANT release we're waiting for in 2006? It can't be good if they are looking at this release...after all, it would bea form of the Promotion some people have been ranting about not having for the album.

I need a drink

A8R

Yes, it is discouraging that it is announced now, but not coming out until 2007. Not looking good for a CD release this year.

I am looking forward to what I imagine will be Axl's one-sided version of what happened to GNR.

I shouldn't have, but I laughed very hard at that. :laugh::no::rofl-lol::shocked:

Uhh - that box set is completely unofficial, and has nothing to do with the GN'R camp. These are the same guys that released the GNR: Sex, Drugs, Rock N' Roll DVD, and the Axl Rose: The Prettiest Star DVD.

Well, thats good news, but Axl Rose the prettiest star didn't contain any music from Axl or GNR what-so-ever because it was unofficial...since this one has nver before seen concert footage that would indicate (to me anyways) that they would need some permission from GNR management to use. Perhaps the 2007 release date may be because CD infact isn;t slated for release until then, and the box set is to come out around the same time for "promotion". Damn i hate the sound of what I just said but it sounds so senseful..

I need another drink (see avatar for accurate visual picture of me)

A8R

Edit: Contains no music? I guess they're going to show the concert footage with no volume :o ...

thats kinda dumb, but better news now that my depressing theory above is proven wrong :)

I'll drink to that...(again, refer to avatar for accurate visual picture of me)

A8R

Edited by allen8r

Uhh - that box set is completely unofficial, and has nothing to do with the GN'R camp. These are the same guys that released the GNR: Sex, Drugs, Rock N' Roll DVD, and the Axl Rose: The Prettiest Star DVD.

Well, thats good news, but Axl Rose the prettiest star didn't contain any music from Axl or GNR what-so-ever because it was unofficial...since this one has nver before seen concert footage that would indicate (to me anyways) that they would need some permission from GNR management to use. Perhaps the 2007 release date may be because CD infact isn;t slated for release until then, and the box set is to come out around the same time for "promotion". Damn i hate the sound of what I just said but it sounds so senseful..

A8R

I think you're trying to read into it too much. It's just another cheap, unnofficial DVD... nothing more, nothing less. It will be crap like the last two.

A8R

I think you're trying to read into it too much. It's just another cheap, unnofficial DVD... nothing more, nothing less. It will be crap like the last two.

Well, that sucks. I really was looking forward to Axl's version since he's been pretty quiet about everything and we saw other's version in the Behind the Music show.

I don't think so. This never before seen footage can't be anything spectacular because this has been out for some time in Europe and nothing has come of it. It's definitely in Chrome Dream's interest to get this out to coincide with Chinese Democracy, but there is no way GN'R is using this box set for promotion. First of all, if GN'R wants to promote Chinese Democracy do you really think they'd outsource that to a company like this one that has a history of mediocre products? Of course not. And this is clearly a biography of the old band. Why would you promote Chinese Democracy with something about the old band? Makes no sense. If they want to release soemthing to coincide with Chi Dem they will release a DVD and it will be published by Geffen/Interscope, not some no-name company like Chrome Dreams.

I doubt Chrome got any permission from GN'R for this, and even if they did, I'm sure GN'R doesn't really care.

I don't mean to slam Chrome Dreams. I have Maximum Guns N' Roses from them and it's not all bad for what it is. But that is the first and last thing I will buy from them, it's just too amatuerish for me to spend any more money on. They've released so many different GN'R products over the years, and far as I can tell they are all run of the mill biographies...I think they are just trying to cash in once or twice a year on a name that can still sell.

Anyways, it's occured to me that they date they chose for the box set is actually a pretty smart choice. Not because Chi Dem is coming out at the same time in January, but because it is coming in 2006. Chi Dem and the band's hype will have sunk in for a lot of people and that will spur them on to wanting to learn about the band's past - that is when they pick up stuff like this.

Edited by KBear

I don't think so. This never before seen footage can't be anything spectacular because this has been out for some time in Europe and nothing has come of it. It's definitely in Chrome Dream's interest to get this out to coincide with Chinese Democracy, but there is no way GN'R is using this box set for promotion. First of all, if GN'R wants to promote Chinese Democracy do you really think they'd outsource that to a company like this one that has a history of mediocre products? Of course not. And this is clearly a biography of the old band. Why would you promote Chinese Democracy with something about the old band? Makes no sense. If they want to release soemthing to coincide with Chi Dem they will release a DVD and it will be published by Geffen/Interscope, not some no-name company like Chrome Dreams.

I doubt Chrome got any permission from GN'R for this, and even if they did, I'm sure GN'R doesn't really care.

I don't mean to slam Chrome Dreams. I have Maximum Guns N' Roses from them and it's not all bad for what it is. But that is the first and last thing I will buy from them, it's just too amatuerish for me to spend any more money on. They've released so many different GN'R products over the years, and far as I can tell they are all biographies...I think they are just trying to cash in once or twice a year on a name that can still sell.

You didin't read the rest of my post including the "edit" at the bottom? I realized that, just not before I had posted the first part. caaaaaalm down...have a drink.

A8R

I don't mean to slam Chrome Dreams. I have Maximum Guns N' Roses from them and it's not all bad for what it is. But that is the first and last thing I will buy from them, it's just too amatuerish for me to spend any more money on. They've released so many different GN'R products over the years, and far as I can tell they are all biographies...I think they are just trying to cash in once or twice a year on a name that can still sell.

You didin't read the rest of my post including the "edit" at the bottom? I realized that, just not before I had posted the first part. caaaaaalm down...have a drink.

A8R

OK, maybe I will.