Adnan's Top Albums of All Time

adnan

Nice list, kind of similar to mine. I don't see UYI passing AFD though....

In my humble opinion (and I wouldn't have to sit down and think about this) UYI2 IS the greatest album of all time. But like I said, that's just me.

I see it as the worst of the group's efforts. The beauty of opinion.

Civil War, Yesterdays, 14 Years, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine, Estranged, You Could Be Mine - really good songs, ranging from simply above average to mildly great. I think it's their second-best album.

Well, I don't really like any of those except "Civil War", "14 Years", & "You Could Be Mine".

It's the production that really kills it. Plus there aren't many very good hooks, and some choruses are just... bad.

UYI I is a much better album, the compositions on it may not be as ambitious as UYI II, but it flows better, seems more inspired, etc.

Bucketslash's Top 16

16.Blind Melon-Blind Melon

15.By The Way-RHCP

14.The Madcap Laughs-Syd Barrett

13.Metal Health-Quiet Riot

12.Disraeli Gears-Cream

11.Revelations-Audioslave

10.Destroyer-Kiss

9.Apetite For Destruction-GNR

8.Who's next-The Who

7.All Things Must Pass-George Harrison

6:The White Album-The Beatles

5.The Wall-Pink Floyd

4.A Night At The Opera-Queen

3.The Blizzard Of Oz-Ozzy Osborne

2.The Rock N' Roll Circus-The Rolling Stones

1.The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn-Pink Floyd

all the above albums are subjective and are sooooo close that 16 could easily be #1 by next week, thier that beloved, all of them

In my humble opinion (and I wouldn't have to sit down and think about this) UYI2 IS the greatest album of all time. But like I said, that's just me.

Civil War, Yesterdays, 14 Years, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine, Estranged, You Could Be Mine - really good songs, ranging from simply above average to mildly great. I think it's their second-best album.

Well, I don't really like any of those except "Civil War", "14 Years", & "You Could Be Mine".

It's the production that really kills it. Plus there aren't many very good hooks, and some choruses are just... bad.

UYI I is a much better album, the compositions on it may not be as ambitious as UYI II, but it flows better, seems more inspired, etc.

I dunno, I've always thought UYI I had a lot more filler. November Rain and Coma are great, but a lot of it is just "meh." IMO.

I dunno, I've always thought UYI I had a lot more filler. November Rain and Coma are great, but a lot of it is just "meh." IMO.

Agreed. Good stuff on there no doubt, but UYII imho is the more solid album - even if it is overrproduced.

What you consider filler, I consider great work. There are some hidden masterpieces in there: Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, The Garden, Garden Of Eden, Don't Damn Me, Dead Horse, plus the ones you mentioned (though I prefer these to November Rain). Plus, the album flows really well, something that does not happen with UYI II.

In UYI II, Civil War, 14 Years, Yesterdays, So Fine and You Could Be Mine are great tracks, but that's just not enough. Most songs are way too long and the album flows really bad. Tracks like Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, Locomotive and Estranged kill the flow of the disc.