Double Album

mcalldp

If they really have three albums worth of material they should have releases a double album for CD. They've had a decade to do it so there are no issues about it not being possible. It would be really cool to see the follow up to the Illusion albums be another 2 CD set. As far as I know, it would be the first time any band in the world has done that. And by packinging the two disks seperate like the illusions disks there would be no financial issues (losing money)

Besides being a first, and a great way to smash GNR back into the world I think it would be great because it would give the current band a large amount of new material of their own and people would then have less issues with them leaning as heavy on only AFD tunes etc......

I mean if that happened the new band would be 1/3 of the whole GNR catalog - besides, if any band would do something that's never been done before it would be GNR (unless I am wrong about the double abum X 2 thing)

ANyway just a thread about something since we don't have much else to talk about...what else you going to do?

:xmassrudolph:

I think it would be cool if CD came with a DVD of one of the hammerstien shows like maybe the first night because if im not mistaken that was the night they played a majority of the new songs, I just think that would be awsome.

If IRS is considered an A-list song from the Chinese Democracy sessions, then I really think it'd be a mistake for Axl to try and release 2 CD's worth of songs.

come on man IRS is a good tune mind you i would like to see TWAT played on the shows but its cool i'll stick rock out to IRS.

A double album would be a horrible idea. Casual fans aren't gunna wanna dish out 20-25 bucks for the cd where as it can be as low as like 11 bucks if it's one.

Agreed. One kickass album now and one in the bank for when the general fans get hungry for more after CD kicks everyones ass.

Wow, I should be manager, be a better one than Merck.

i imagine it would be difficult for them with a second album apparently recorded... wouldn't you be just chomping at the bit to play all the best songs!! but they won't be able to until the second is released, oh well, we've waited long enough so now they can wait :P

One disc would be best. If they released 2 at the same time, a lot of the haters would slate them for it, saying they are just trying to make more money. axl likes to tell us we dont have a clue whats going on, and i believe him. hes bound to have some ace up his sleeve.

Id like to see Chin D come out with a bonus dvd of a hammerstein show and maybe some recording studio footage. The making of Chinese Democracy, man, that'd be a treat to watch!

Anyways, heres hoping!

i imagine it would be difficult for them with a second album apparently recorded... wouldn't you be just chomping at the bit to play all the best songs!! but they won't be able to until the second is released, oh well, we've waited long enough so now they can wait :P

Yeah I wonder how they pick the final tracklist. It must be hard to save a kickass song for the next album. I wonder how many songs Axl will have in the bank after this one is released.

You can get cd's for 11 buck at storees such as best buy and target(USA) but the thing that sucks is it is the very reason why Tower went out of business.

That's why I said release them as two seperate albums like the illusion CD's each one would be the price of a regular CD. You wouldn't have to buy them together. I think doing it that way was a smart move with the illusion stuff and would work well now too. You have a couple hits off both albums and the casual fan will get them both. I think, if done right, sales would not be hurt at all. Plus, only a band like guns could pull off something in such a scorch-the-earth type style of release.

A decade of nothing and then drop a double album, world tour & follow up with the material they have already started for a third album. Nobody's ever done it, Guns could and I think it would work.

Having said that- I DON'T think this will happen of course, just having fun speculating about it as we wait for CD. I think the idea rocks though and would work for the mass market appeal as well.

If after a decade, they have three albums worth of material but only enough good songs for one album, like some are saying here, then the next two albums are going to suck? I can't believe that.....If you have three albums of material I'm sure you have enough for two disks without filler.

It would make history in the rock world for sure.

Everyone giving guns a hard time about not releasing stuff would be slammed by a double release, a world tour then a single release all over the next 3 years.....holy smokes Batman- world domination! rock3

Edited by mcalldp

A double album would be a horrible idea. Casual fans aren't gunna wanna dish out 20-25 bucks for the cd where as it can be as low as like 11 bucks if it's one.

Good point. You need the "grabber" which is a superb come-back album that gets everyone salivating again... THEN sting the new army over the next decade! B)

One disc would be best. If they released 2 at the same time, a lot of the haters would slate them for it, saying they are just trying to make more money. axl likes to tell us we dont have a clue whats going on, and i believe him. hes bound to have some ace up his sleeve.

Id like to see Chin D come out with a bonus dvd of a hammerstein show and maybe some recording studio footage. The making of Chinese Democracy, man, that'd be a treat to watch!

I really hope that it will come with a DVD as well. With either performances from Hammersmith or anything off the European tour. I personally would love for this to be a double album. More music for me! But it's not the best idea. People will rip into.

Good point. You need the "grabber" which is a superb come-back album that gets everyone salivating again... THEN sting the new army over the next decade! B)

Again, if sold as seperate disk like the illusion stuff then both disks are regular price. You have a couple hits off both and casual fans will get both just because one has November Rain and one has the alt Don't Cry versio or whatever... I think they would sell the hell out of them both.

Again, if sold as seperate disk like the illusion stuff then both disks are regular price. You have a couple hits off both and casual fans will get both just because one has November Rain and one has the alt Don't Cry versio or whatever... I think they would sell the hell out of them both.

I was just waiting for the damn 80 second rule to surpass, and I was going to reply to your very insightful post that I hadn't read.

I completely agree with you. Axl would LOVE the idea of releasing another 2 records at the same time. I mean, who else has done that?! And not just once, twice!!

Everyone who's anyone would sit up and take notice... and you wouldn't even have to promote it.

I was just waiting for the damn 80 second rule to surpass, and I was going to reply to your very insightful post that I hadn't read.

I completely agree with you. Axl would LOVE the idea of releasing another 2 records at the same time. I mean, who else has done that?! And not just once, twice!!

Everyone who's anyone would sit up and take notice... and you wouldn't even have to promote it.

Right, it WOULD promote it's self!

Has anyone ever done it? I really don't think so!

They are sitting on the material anyway plus then thenew band would actually be involved in like 1/3 of the GNR catalog making them more than hired guns as some people see it.

Not going to happen but I do thik it would blow up like crazy if they droped that on the world.

Right, it WOULD promote it's self!

Has anyone ever done it? I really don't think so!

They are sitting on the material anyway plus then thenew band would actually be involved in like 1/3 of the GNR catalog making them more than hired guns as some people see it.

Not going to happen but I do thik it would blow up like crazy if they droped that on the world.

Indeed. New Guns producing more material than old Guns... wow... who would have thought it! Hey man, we need to let Axl in on this little thought!