The way Axl produces and releases music

Son Of A Gun

I think Axl's tactic of producing and releasing music is a bit unstable. He tends to do all the hard yards in one go, and then use that material for years worth of releases, occasionally tittering around with tracks he 's about to release on the next record, and when he releases it all he is back to the drawing board and takes a huge break from music. That is why old Gn'R broke up. What worries me is, he says now that he has 32 songs or so which he could release. So say if he adds another few, totalling to 3 albums worth...and gradually releases all the 3 albums within say 5 years, is he just gonna run out of steam again and disappear yet again?

His method for producing music will be judged when CD is released, by it's sales figures. I've got no doubt that the new material is going to be pretty good but that is no guarantee of commerical success. If it's a huge success then he can continue to do things his way, but if it's not then he's not going to have a record company as willing to invest in his way of doing things.

and gradually releases all the 3 albums within say 5 years, is he just gonna run out of steam again and disappear yet again?

Axl would be almost 50 in 5 years time. I doubt he's got much more than 5 years left in him.

If I get 3 albums out of Axl, I can die the day after. Besides, he's will probably be atleast 50 by then. How many artists do you know of that released a good record after they hit that age? He should quit while on top. When this project is done we can hopefully look forward to the inevitable reunion tour.

axl will keep releasing stuff and making music for the rest of his life, it just wont be the same style as everything from before. each gnr album has been different, and i think the biggest changes are yet to come

and gradually releases all the 3 albums within say 5 years, is he just gonna run out of steam again and disappear yet again?

Axl would be almost 50 in 5 years time. I doubt he's got much more than 5 years left in him.

HA! Tell that to Alice Cooper, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Meatloaf, and i could go on. Middle aged rockers aren't uncommon at all. Axl could have a good 15 years left in him provided his voice stays in shape.

axl will keep releasing stuff and making music for the rest of his life,

So if Axl lives to be a 100, we can expect atleast 3 more albums :P

HA! Tell that to Alice Cooper, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Meatloaf, and i could go on. Middle aged rockers aren't uncommon at all. Axl could have a good 15 years left in him provided his voice stays in shape.

Yeah, tell that to Alice Cooper and the gang who haven't released anything decent since the early 80s.

axl will keep releasing stuff and making music for the rest of his life,

So if Axl lives to be a 100, we can expect atleast 3 more albums :P

Yeah, tell that to Alice Cooper and the gang who haven't released anything decent since the early 80s.

Have you even listened to anything Alice has put out in the last 10 years? Just because it isn't in the charts or getting airplay 25 times a day doesn't mean it isn't good. Has it ever even dawned on you that Chinese Democracy could be a great album that ends up being a commercial disaster? I don't think that will happen, and i hope it doesn't, but it IS a possibility.

I think Axl's tactic of producing and releasing music is a bit unstable. He tends to do all the hard yards in one go, and then use that material for years worth of releases, occasionally tittering around with tracks he 's about to release on the next record, and when he releases it all he is back to the drawing board and takes a huge break from music. That is why old Gn'R broke up. What worries me is, he says now that he has 32 songs or so which he could release. So say if he adds another few, totalling to 3 albums worth...and gradually releases all the 3 albums within say 5 years, is he just gonna run out of steam again and disappear yet again?

Of course man, in 5 years he's going to be 49 years old man.

A8R

Have you even listened to anything Alice has put out in the last 10 years? Just because it isn't in the charts or getting airplay 25 times a day doesn't mean it isn't good.

It don't mean it's good either. You have every right to like him, but the majority, casual fans like myself don't care much for his recent stuff.

Has it ever even dawned on you that Chinese Democracy could be a great album that ends up being a commercial disaster? I don't think that will happen, and i hope it doesn't, but it IS a possibility.

Off course, and I wouldn't care much if it did, but I still don't see the man putting out great records after 50. I'm a diehard fan so I will naturally buy them, and like them, but deep inside you know they're dissappointments.

Have you even listened to anything Alice has put out in the last 10 years? Just because it isn't in the charts or getting airplay 25 times a day doesn't mean it isn't good.

It don't mean it's good either. You have every right to like him, but the majority, casual fans like myself don't care much for his recent stuff.

Has it ever even dawned on you that Chinese Democracy could be a great album that ends up being a commercial disaster? I don't think that will happen, and i hope it doesn't, but it IS a possibility.

Off course, and I wouldn't care much if it did, but I still don't see the man putting out great records after 50. I'm a diehard fan so I will naturally buy them, and like them, but deep inside you know they're dissappointments.

Well, my original post had nothing to do with producing grand masterpieces. Someone said they doubted Axl had more than 5 years left in him. I said tell that to Alice and others, meaning that they are still going. They may not be selling millions of copies, but they're still going. I think Axl could still be going after 50, if he chooses to do so.

I think the majority of casual fans don't even know Alice is still putting out new music- maybe because of the lack of airplay ;)

I see where you're coming from though.....