Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point of the article is that they are considering just releasing it without warning

wont that be a huge trip...walk into record store sometime in November on a Tuesday morning and see on the new releases shelves Chinese Democracy just sitting there :o

Edited by AxlRoseHaulsAss

good news...but just give a damn release date

I think the point of the article is that they are considering just releasing it without warning.

Not that I think that's a great idea but who knows what GNR management are thinking?

i think merck was taking the piss with that one

HTGTH just aint MYGNR, its not their faults they just aint :wub:

I'm new here- a refugee from HTGTH you might say. When fans were talking in hushed tones about a RS article over there, and I had to come here to find out what the fuck was been talked about, I realised that Jarmo is clearly either out of his mind, or having his strings pulled by someone else.

So nice to join a GNR forum where fans are actually allowed to discuss GNR. What a novel concept! :P

This is great news - and couldn't have come at a better time.

I'm new here- a refugee from HTGTH you might say. When fans were talking in hushed tones about a RS article over there, and I had to come here to find out what the fuck was been talked about, I realised that Jarmo is clearly either out of his mind, or having his strings pulled by someone else.

well, sancutuary is paying their bandwidth bill..

I think the point of the article is that they are considering just releasing it without warning.

Not that I think that's a great idea but who knows what GNR management are thinking?

I know I have asked before but no one has ever answered

What exactly does the expression "taking the piss" mean-and I am being serious, I have never heard it before I started coming to these boards-

But I really do not understand wtf this band is doing at times and why they have to be so cryptic. It gets old...

is that true?! could you tell me where you heard that? PM since it's off topic. Cheers.

merck is telling jarmo wat to do, i think 'sorry' might leak now.

Why should "Sorry" leak? Because Bach just mentioned the name of the song? I don't think so.

EDIT: King Dick, you beat me to it. And there are already two other posts between your post and mine. Just shows how this thread is growing and growing as we speak!

Edited by final_touches

is that true?! could you tell me where you heard that? PM since it's off topic. Cheers.

Its true ;)

Well Sanctaury helped them with server issues, to what level we don't know and its not our buisness!

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

because Sebastian Bach heard it? no.

I must admit hearing the names of those two songs we know plus a new one we have never heard before named as somebody's "favourite" kinda reminded me of something else Rolling Stone published back in January.:P

Why should "Sorry" leak? Because Bach just mentioned the name of the song? I don't think so.

I am sure GNR allowed him to "leak" the name of the title-

Doesn't mean we will hear it before CD is released though, I don't think Baz is going to be uploading to LimeWire anytime soon :rolleyes:

What exactly does the expression "taking the piss" mean-and I am being serious, I have never heard it before I started coming to these boards-

But I really do not understand wtf this band is doing at times and why they have to be so cryptic. It gets old...

It's an English quote - just means 'making fun' or 'poking fun'. 'Taking the piss out of'.

See I'm not the only (now ex) HTGTH member who has to come to another board to freely discuss things.

:D it means taking the mickey? tongue in cheek? not serious and a bit sarcastic

taking the piss outta someone means making fun of them like when everyone takes the piss outta thomase, and films like scary movie are 'piss takes' of the originals they copy

Edited by NEU-YORK

It's an English quote - just means 'making fun' or 'poking fun'. 'Taking the piss out of'.

See I'm not the only (now ex) HTGTH member who has to come to another board to freely discuss things.

Hey thanks for answering rock2

I have actually been a member here longer than any of the other boards, I am not jumping ship from anywhere, I read them all. All the boards have good and bad to them as far as I am concerned..... ;)

I do like being able to discuss this though, I mean it's major news for us in GNR land!

Hey thanks for answering rock2

I have actually been a member here longer than any of the other boards, I am not jumping ship from anywhere, I read them all. All the boards have good and bad to them as far as I am concerned..... ;)

I do like being able to discuss this though, I mean it's major news for us in GNR land!

The biggest news in weeks. I don't need Jarmo to tell me that I can't read it, so my ship has firmly sailed. rock3

I don't think deleting any mention of the Rolling Stone article from HTGTH is Jarmo's idea as he posted the original article in the news section a few hours ago and let the original thread grow substantially. What I do believe is that either Merck or someone affiliated with management saw that the article had 'leaked' and has since then told Jarmo to delete any mention of it.

Now, as Rolling Stone has posted the tidbit on their website I find it ridiculous for this to continue. Although, let me tell you this; someone's pulling some strings here.

Edited by IndiannaRose

"Sorry"? hmm... what's doom metal?

& the last line is very disappointing. merck just said that there will be little promotion :(

i no its kinda late, but its probably the last thing gnr would ever make. I highly doubt that was said right. Doom metal is basicly gothic metal. It has either extremely high pitched vocals or extremely low vocals. It uses an oragan alot to get a depresssing sound. It has a lot of thrash style guitar rifts and alot of double bass in it. I like that type of metal so that will be intresting to hear (tho very weird). Cradle of Filth is somewhat like doom but a lighter version.

tho apart of me feels like this is shady. still no release date?

“It was mind-blowing,” says Bach, who is opening for Guns n’ Roses on their upcoming North American arena tour. “It’s a very cool album – it’s badass with killer screams, killer guitar riffs, but it’s got a totally modern sound. The word for it is ‘grand.’ It’s fucking epic. He’s reinvented himself yet again.”

That's all I wanted to hear rock3

I can wait 10 more weeks..no problem! rock2

I don't think deleting any mention of the Rolling Stone article from HTGTH is Jarmo's idea as he posted the original article in the news section a few hours ago and let the original thread grow substantially. What I do believe is that either Merck or someone affiliated with management saw that the article had 'leaked' and has since then told Jarmo to delete any mention of it.

Now, as Rolling Stone has posted the tidbit on their website I find it ridiculous for this to continue. Although, let me tell you this; someone's pulling some strings here.

I believe this is what happened as well, but now the cat is totally out of the bag being that it is on the front page of a website that gets MAJOR traffic (Rolling Stone)-

Not to mention it's nothing but good news!

I guess it leaked to the boards like an hour before the web article went up, maybe that is what all the hoopla is about-

Either way I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed now