"Tuesday" Guessing Thread

Gallagher Rose

Here is my reasoning. Since the RS article that comes out this friday, says that CD could just be on store seleves without notice one tuesday and the tour starts next thursday, plus on jarmos board that RS article keeps getting deleted, it may be because CD will be in stores on tuesday and they (geffen) doesnt want to let the cat out of the bag. What do you think?

The tour starts on Tuesday, not Thursday. I saw the original thread on there with the scan by Gypsy, and it got deleted right around the time that people started speculating on Merck's statement that the album might just show up on any one of the 10 Tuesday's left. A few posters said that it could mean this Tuesday is when it's coming. Like a minute later, the thread is deleted and any mention of the article is deleted as many different users attempt to post the article from Rolling Stone's site.

Sorry it starts on that tue So they could even sell the CD at the first show too

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For most albums no promotion is a bad thing with guns n roses it can be a good thing

if they promote it like hell people who have already made there minds up will be ugh great it coming out but am not buying

if not promoted someone walking into there store going guns n roses new record out people like nah but go on an check it out and there be some in the i aint buying it who will see it sittin there not believing it just shipped and buy it out of curiousity

Here is my reasoning. Since the RS article that comes out this friday, says that CD could just be on store seleves without notice one tuesday and the tour starts next thursday, plus on jarmos board that RS article keeps getting deleted, it may be because CD will be in stores on tuesday and they (geffen) doesnt want to let the cat out of the bag. What do you think?

The tour starts on Tuesday, not Thursday. I saw the original thread on there with the scan by Gypsy, and it got deleted right around the time that people started speculating on Merck's statement that the album might just show up on any one of the 10 Tuesday's left. A few posters said that it could mean this Tuesday is when it's coming. Like a minute later, the thread is deleted and any mention of the article is deleted as many different users attempt to post the article from Rolling Stone's site.

Sorry it starts on that tue So they could even sell the CD at the first show too

doubt theyll have a gig the day it's released, nobody would turn up, they'd prob rather hear the album :drevil:

Keep in mind that the album would be released in Europe before the USA so here in the US, we will know beforehand. Someone has to stock the shelves(or sees it in the stockroom), they have cell phones, they call a friend, that friend has a computer and tells a friend who visits this site, then they tell us.

They wont be able to keep it under the table.

doubt theyll have a gig the day it's released, nobody would turn up, they'd prob rather hear the album :drevil:

BS. You can listen to the album on the way to the show, and then probably get to hear some of the songs live as well as the classics.

BS. You can listen to the album on the way to the show, and then probably get to hear some of the songs live as well as the classics.

joke dude

joke dude

Oh, well then :rofl-lol:

Keep in mind that the album would be released in Europe before the USA so here in the US, we will know beforehand. Someone has to stock the shelves(or sees it in the stockroom), they have cell phones, they call a friend, that friend has a computer and tells a friend who visits this site, then they tell us.

Unless gnr hold it back a day for Europe, so the album doesnt leak online before the usa gets it.

Unless gnr hold it back a day for Europe, so the album doesnt leak online before the usa gets it.

I honestly think every American band should do this. Honestly, American fans are the reason they made their money in the first place. In the case of GN'R, the Europeans are far more accepting of the new band so it's probably better to release it to them first. But like you said, to prevent leaks they would have to delay it to Tuesday worldwide instead of putting it out on a Monday outside the U.S. like most albums.

Why not? VR had a gig the 1st day their album was out. It was here in Vegas.. i went and picked up the album after work, then headed to the show.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

A Oct 24 release date happening the day GNR starts their tour is not a ridiculous theory. Aterall, its a 1 - 10 chance anyway.

I personally don't think this bumbling, fumbling management team that GNR hides under can pull something like this off though, which is why I think Nov 21 is probably when it's happening. But delivering such as highly-anticipated album on the opening day of a big tour would be a cool move. It's possible. Makes more sense than some random Tuesday after the tour starts. You better believe I'll be calling some record stores that day.

Edited by milkboy

Think, Geffen wants this to succeed as much, if not more than everyone. They have a lot invested and will want some sort of promotion I am sure. Whether it be a small promotion or not. They want their money. There are a bunch of people who like GNR who don't visit these sites and don't visit music related sites or may not even have the net. The message has to be given to them as well. I am most curious about the MLB promotion. Announcing the release date during one of the games of the world series with a commercial would be the biggest and swiftest way to promote this album.

A Oct 24 release date happening the day GNR starts their tour is not a ridiculous theory. Aterall, its a 1 - 10 chance anyway.

I personally don't think this bumbling, fumbling management team that GNR hides under can pull something like this off though, which is why I think Nov 21 is probably when it's happening. But delivering such as highly-anticipated album on the opening day of a big tour would be a cool move. It's possible. Makes more sense than some random Tuesday after the tour starts. You better believe I'll be calling some record stores that day.

let us not forget...

It either will come out or it won't. 50/50 chance. So lets wait six days and see.

I'd just like to mention, that'd be one kickass birthday present

I told you all that the moment Axl looked into the camera at the MTV 2006 VMA's and said the words "October 24th", that not only would the tour start that day, but "CD" would be out that same day as well.

Maybe I should dig up the original thread I started where I was told I was full of shit for suggesting such a thing.

~sk

My theory has always been that management would pull something like this. Last year I was talking to a friend of mine who got me into GNR. We were talking about Chinese Democracy and how it would come out, I thre this idea out there a year ago. They would release the album but with no promotion. You just walk in and see it sitting there. If they do this, it might be thrown in with the other GNR albums. No display. No banner. Nothing. Hell, it could even be in the used CDs bin (even I think this is stupid though).

I doubt that it will be released in Europe on Monday, then America on Tuesday. It would leak on the internet so fast that people who are in-between fans who usually just download albums (we'll call them cocksuckers for short) wouldn't buy the album.

What will happen if they take the little/no promotion route: possibly a small display, possibly in the GNR section. Released worldwide on the same day, just without promotion (maybe some AM radio station mentions it).

Heavy promotion route: people expect it, wait in line for weeks with CD players and headphones ready. They've already given the cashier's a $100 bill so they can run in, get the album and pop it right in. Everyone knows about it. It's everywhere, EVERYWHERE. You go to you local Goodwill: "CHINESE DEMOCRACY OUT NOW!" McDonald's will offer a special version with political games that make you the leader of China and you must wipe out all democratic opposition. Or you could be the pro-democracy group leader and assasinate the Chinese government officials.

Just my opinion. No one knows what will happen, but I can just see some of you driving to the record store already, looking for Chinese Democracy. You'll be there every day until it comes out, even if it's not Tuesday. You're so paranoid that management will pull a fast one and release it on Sunday and only in your local grocer's freezer. You search nonstop for it. And one day, you finally find the warehouse were they're all being stored... and each album comes with a commemorative silver case (just like the ones we saw Axl with earlier this year)!

What will happen for sure: $$$$$$$...... and a VERY happy fanbase.

Here's the article he's talking about: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78321&hl=

I'm confused.... if Axl actually said that the tour started October 24th, then why did they even schedule dates before? Why did Merck and the press releases say it started the 20th with Jacksonville?

Edited by acdcUSSR

I don't get what the big fucking deal is. Yeah, I'm just as anxious as everyone else is. But you know what? I've been waiting for this album for 13 fucking years- another 10 weeks won't kill me.

Bottom line: stop the bullshit, people. There's not much time left, and the more you all sweat it, the longer it will seem to take. Just sit back and relax; it won't be too long now. ;)

I just don't believe it will be in stores out of the blue. These stores have to buy an amount of copies, so they now WHEN they can order them. When we've reached that point, we know it's close. Maybe the stores will find a few copies on their doormat when they don't expect it yet, but I don't blieve in that.

I don't get what the big fucking deal is. Yeah, I'm just as anxious as everyone else is. But you know what? I've been waiting for this album for 13 fucking years- another 10 weeks won't kill me.

Bottom line: stop the bullshit, people. There's not much time left, and the more you all sweat it, the longer it will seem to take. Just sit back and relax; it won't be too long now. ;)

Holly shit the voice of reason, this place has done the whole mass hysteria thing before and it ended like a car wreck, just chill the fuck out.

Does anybody have the 06 vma thing where Axl is meant to have spoken to camera and said Oct 24, i havnt seen it?

Holly shit the voice of reason, this place has done the whole mass hysteria thing before and it ended like a car wreck, just chill the fuck out.

Does anybody have the 06 vma thing where Axl is meant to have spoken to camera and said Oct 24, i havnt seen it?

Axl Rose 2006 VMA Backstage Interview

I told you all that the moment Axl looked into the camera at the MTV 2006 VMA's and said the words "October 24th", that not only would the tour start that day, but "CD" would be out that same day as well.

Maybe I should dig up the original thread I started where I was told I was full of shit for suggesting such a thing.

~sk

He wasn't looking into the camera at all when he said that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKKo8QEqaU