Don't know if this has been discussed yet

HollyWoodRose84

Does anyone find it odd that the first two tour dates have been postponed and now the tour starts on Tuesday October 24th?? With Merck saying in Rolling Stone that they may not announce a release date, that you may walk into the store on a Tuesday and find it there....Something makes me wonder if the album will be dropped the same day as the tour begins. I honestly think this would be a good move, even though I would still like to see some promotion on GnR's behalf. Anyone else feel the same way? Again, if this has been discussed, I am sorry in advance. I have been at work all day (still amas we speak) and have been unable to read a majority of the new posts on this topic.

-HollyWoodRose84

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

Does anyone find it odd that the first two tour dates have been postponed and now the tour starts on Tuesday October 24th?? With Merck saying in Rolling Stone that they may not announce a release date, that you may walk into the store on a Tuesday and find it there....Something makes me wonder if the album will be dropped the same day as the tour begins. I honestly think this would be a good move, even though I would still like to see some promotion on GnR's behalf. Anyone else feel the same way? Again, if this has been discussed, I am sorry in advance. I have been at work all day (still amas we speak) and have been unable to read a majority of the new posts on this topic.

-HollyWoodRose84

i thought i read a while ago, that the beginning of the thour was postponed to finish the final mixing of the album, so they can get it out this year

The single could be released on Friday, CD drops on Tuesday at the kickoff of the tour. Think about it, all this time with no word, the build up of this year....then BOOM!!! all at once, creates big buzz, yet at the same time since there is no release date given and short promotion, could be a good excuse if it does not sell well out the gate. Makes since if you think about it, plus it keeps the cd from leaking. If it is not this week, then it must be the 21st seeing how that is the only 3 day break in November (tuesday, wendsday,and thursday) of the tour. If that is the case then dont expect a single for 2-3 more weeks. So i say this Tuesday or November 21st are the only true viable release dates of this year, assuming they want a break from shows when CD is released.

Thoughts??????

Oh and one other idea...CD could be delivered via UPS on Monday around the world with instructions and promo material. One more way to secure CD from leaking.....

Edited by turboflutter