I Don't Like I.R.S.

KyleMac

I just don't like it, I don't think its very catchy, I think its the weakest of all the leaks we have heard. Now i like the song Bad Apples, but i guess i would put it in that category of GNR songs. A song that looks to be a single, but which won't catch on very well with the public. I know most of you have the attitude of F the public, but i think the first single is crucial to the album's success (that being said i have no idea if it will be the first single). I really think that a song in the mold of sweet child, paradise city, WTTJ, November Rain.... etc needs to be the first single. IRS could be a single, just not the first. If I was not a huge GNR fan and I heard it on the radio i would think 13 years for this???? Whereas if i heard Better or TWAT... even madagascar or the blues, i would think much more of the album as a whole. Maybe this is because i really dont understand the song (ive listened to it 1000 times but cant get the feel for it). Maybe if someone explained the underlying meaning of the song i would like it more, but i i still dont think its catchy enough for the public to latch on.

-I was trying to write this from the persepctive of a GNR fan, but not hardcore fan if you know what i mean.

I just don't like it, I don't think its very catchy, I think its the weakest of all the leaks we have heard. Now i like the song Bad Apples, but i guess i would put it in that category of GNR songs. A song that looks to be a single, but which won't catch on very well with the public. I know most of you have the attitude of F the public, but i think the first single is crucial to the album's success (that being said i have no idea if it will be the first single). I really think that a song in the mold of sweet child, paradise city, WTTJ, November Rain.... etc needs to be the first single. IRS could be a single, just not the first. If I was not a huge GNR fan and I heard it on the radio i would think 13 years for this???? Whereas if i heard Better or TWAT... even madagascar or the blues, i would think much more of the album as a whole. Maybe this is because i really dont understand the song (ive listened to it 1000 times but cant get the feel for it). Maybe if someone explained the underlying meaning of the song i would like it more, but i i still dont think its catchy enough for the public to latch on.

-I was trying to write this from the persepctive of a GNR fan, but not hardcore fan if you know what i mean.

I don't like pancake nipples...

I was trying to write that from a boob fan perspective but not a hard core perve if you know what I mean

A8R

I was trying to write that from a boob fan perspective but not a hard core perve if you know what I mean

A8R

LMAO :rofl-lol:

KyleMac, you don't seem to have much of a point there. So, it isn't gelling with you? Who cares? That's your personal taste, and it doesn't reflect how the general public will perceived the song at all.

Well any hardcore GNR fan is going to tell me to F-off (so this is probably not the best arena to bring this up), but ive played it for the 4 other guys going to the GNR concert with me in Detroit (they dont like GNR enough to go on messageboards, lets put it at that) and none of them liked IRS and they all liked both Better and TWAT a lot. So i guess its 5 people's opinions, still not many i conceed that. Just looking to see if other agree.

A8R

Guess you don't know what i mean.

Edited by KyleMac

I like I.R.S., but it took me quite a few listens before I did. The beginning bothered me (and still does to some extent) a lot. It sounded like he was getting a blow job. One of my friends, who loves old GN'R, told me that it sounded like the kind of song he would turn off if it were played on the radio. I also first heard it when my local radio station played the leak. They then took 10 call-ins asking if each person thought "it rocked" or "it sucked." 8 out of 10 said it sucked, and 2 out of 10 said it was average.

I.R.S is lacking in the lyrics departement.

TWAT could use a Rocket Queen twist after the second chorus and a little improvement on the chorus itself.

Other than that, there's not much to put your finger on. All of them good songs wich I enjoy listening too.

IRS isn't bad. It does have an odd sound, and it's not catchy at all. Lyrically I compare it to Out Ta Get Me. Nothing earth shattering, but it does convey Axl's paranoia. I don't think it's a single. Of all the new stuff I think that Better would be a good single, followed closely by The Blues.

Yeah, I agree with your thoughts. But, to take it further, at least "Out Ta Get Me" has one heck of a kickass riff at the beginning. "I.R.S." isn't really all that great until the chorus, but even then it's nothing special.

The Live version is better than the Demo, i just really dont think the song makes a whole lot of sense (i guess to most, many of axls lyrics do not make a lot of sense). As was previously stated many times, its not very catchy - its a good live song though. He is referring to the IRS as the Internal Revenue Service in this song correct? It just doesnt fit.

Rock AM ring version is ok, but Manchester 2006 shits all over it. I would love to get the video of that gig in full!

Anyway I agree, worst leak, alright song, shouldn't be a single just an album track.

I think the album version will be much better than the leak and live.

If you think of better and TWAT live compared to the demos then the demos kick the live versions ass. So IRS live is better than the demo so the proper version should easily be even better. Then I think people will get IRS more.

LP

I don't like it too, it's not heavy enough.. Live it's killer though. I hope it's gonna be a bit heavier on record.

Yeah that's what I meant - I've read my comment back and it didn't really make sense. LOL!

I think that the live version has been taken on a level from the demo, so the studio version of the live version should kick ass.

LP

I.R.S is probably my favourite of the leaked tracks, but I agree it might not be the best single. Much like how so many people love Estranged yet it never did well mainstream wise.

Love playing along to it too. After Buckethead's/Bumblefoot's blistering solo it gets really heavy live anyways, so hopefully the album version shows this. rock4

Monty