Will You Burn Copies Of 'Chinese Democracy' For Friends?

D-GenerationX

Look, no one buys CDs anymore.

The reason I say that is to get out ahead of the "but you are ripping the band off" arguement, because I want to take it in a different direction.

Because once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it. And I am going to burn copies for everyone who asks for one. I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

Why? Because Axl's promotional skills are laughable, and we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

So what do you think? Will you do similar things??

So your pretty much saying that its ok to copy The new album,Your as fucking big a scumbag as the other people who rip off bands right to money thats due & owed to them! Why if your such a "Big Fan" of Guns would you even consider for a mili-second of copying the album for friends just to help the band :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Your a fucking idiot and i hope once an admin sees what you've wrote they ban you permenantly! :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

I will burn 1 maybe 2 copies both for myself. 1 for the car. One for my workout room.

Fuck buying 2 CD's if I buy it and I burn a million fucking copies are for myself and do not sell them or give them to others IT IS MY FUCKING RIGHT TO DO SO. THE MUSIC INDUSTRY CAN LICK MY BALLS

Well if you have bought the album yourself,I wouldn't see any harm in "making a copy" for,as you say,your car or work place. But as for making money from copying the album,this is a deffinitly big big NO!!!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many nights Axl will lay crying in his mansion because of people downloading?? :rofl-lol:

I know its illegal but I cant feel bad for these artist who flaunt all their shit on MTV Cribs in front of us. Sorry, but im not going to feel bad for not helping them buy another fucking $350,000 car.

About burning it for friends, I dont know if I will or if I wont. I know im buying my copy, and I know if they like it they will buy one as well, so I might let them preview it to see if they will like it.

I dont see the problem either way really.

And I think some of you should lay off this guy. He wants to do this to help promote the album, by burning it and letting people who probably wouldnt buy the album anyway listen, and then maybe they will go out and get it.

Whether you agree with downloading or not, what this guy is doing is not the same as someone who doesnt buy the album and just downloads it off the comp. If you dont agree with what he is saying then fine, but he is in his own way trying to help GNR, and shouldnt be called names for it.

Edited by mahimahi

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I wonder how many nights Axl will lay crying in his mansion because of people downloading?? :rofl-lol:

I know its illegal but I cant feel bad for these artist who flaunt all their shit on MTV Cribs in front of us. Sorry, but im not going to feel bad for not helping them buy another fucking $350,000 car.

About burning it for friends, I dont know if I will or if I wont. I know im buying my copy, and I know if they like it they will buy one as well, so I might let them preview it to see if they will like it.

I dont see the problem either way really.

And I think some of you should lay off this guy. He wants to do this to help promote the album, by burning it and letting people who probably wouldnt buy the album anyway listen, and then maybe they will go out and get it.

Whether you agree with downloading or not, what this guy is doing is not the same as someone who doesnt buy the album and just downloads it off the comp. If you dont agree with what he is saying then fine, but he is in his own way trying to help GNR, and shouldnt be called names for it.

let the friends listen to it sure, but not copy a full album. It doesn't promote GNR at all, in fact it fucks GNR over.

Look, I won't be burning Chinese Democracy for friends - to claim that's for "promotional purposes" is laughable. I want as many copies of this album to be sold as is possible.

...But to the people calling him a "theif"... well, 90% of you are complete hypocrites - because the large majority of you are in posession of pirated music in one form or another. Just because it's Guns N' Roses doesn't make it any more or less wrong in a legal or moral sense.

Hell no! Most of my friends don't even care about GnR anymore and when I tell them about the Euro tour,N.American tour etc.. all they say is "Cool, is Slash back in the band?"

Axl needs to put this album out ASAP and let the chips fall where they may.

If my friends are interested in the new album, they can go to the store and buy it like I will do.

Hell no! Most of my friends don't even care about GnR anymore and when I tell them about the Euro tour,N.American tour etc.. all they say is "Cool, is Slash back in the band?"

Axl needs to put this album out ASAP and let the chips fall where they may.

If my friends are interested in the new album, they can go to the store and buy it like I will do.

My thoughts exactly!

I will buy two copies one to listen to one to keep wrapped up. So that one day I can tell my grandchildren that I was alive when the mythical Chinese Democracy came out and I can give them my wrapped copy and they can pass it down...lol. but I will probably also burn a copy to play in my dads car because I always end up forgetting my CD's in there and he always ends up ruinining them so that way I won't be devistated when it is ruinined. I've already had to replace my UYI2 becuase of forgetting it in his car and it getting runined.

I'll copy it to my hard drive for personal use, but no way in hell am i bootlegging the album for others. I'll give copies to all my friends and stuff. Hopefully it will be one of those albums (like SMILE or the white album) where ppl need to own it just because its a requirement for any kind of respectable music collection.

Wow.

Ok well I know my friends would never buy a GnR album anyway. The thing is we always burn CDs for eachother. Like if we want the same 2 CDs we will buy one each and burn a copy for the other person. I'll buy it of course, and will definitley make my friends listen to the CD and if they like it and want a copy I'm not gonna say "Go buy it yourself fucker!". I am a GnR fan but I am also a friend. We burn CDs for eachother all the time, I don't see the big deal. Ideally they'd go buy it to support Axl but I know they wouldn't.

i burn bands cds all the time but its becuz im broke ass poor once i get the money i buy that cd yto replace my burnt one so im sorta renting but i dont know to me a actual bought cd of gnr or acdc feels and sounds soo much better then a burnt one so in a way steal then return

Edited by Slasxl

once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it.I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

I think you meant well by what you are inferring here.Doing "legwork" is a noble deed,but giving pirated copies away is the wrong approach if you genuinely want to help the cause!

If it is we the fans who have to sell this to our friends..then do just that,but the right way.

Play it for them...CRANK it for them...fucking annoy the hell out of them to they either kill you or finally understand and go buy a copy!

But dude...ripping it and giving it away,isn't helping anything.

rethink your strategy..

I will definitely burn copies for my friends assholes. They are your fucking friends. If you are more loyal to Axl than your own friends, then you are even more pathetic and worthless than anyone could imagine. I personally do not care about laws. I like to make ethical and moral decisions. Is it unethical to copy someone elses work? Yes I guess it is. Is it unethical to not copy a cd for a friend who wants one. Yes, even more so. I am not saying make a copy for every fucker who wants one. But I will without a doubt be making a few copies, and I will likely be sending tracks to people who normally would never buy or listen to the music. Is this unethical? I don't think so since it opens the door to someone to experience something new. You can make this argument with many aspects of copying music. Maybe someone will go to the one of the shows or buy a legit copy (and future and past releases) because of me sending them some new music. Technolgy moves too quickly. The music industry does not make the world go around. My loyalty is not with the music industry. My loyalty is to myself and my family and friends.

The reason I say that is to get out ahead of the "but you are ripping the band off" arguement, because I want to take it in a different direction.

Because once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it. And I am going to burn copies for everyone who asks for one. I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

Why? Because Axl's promotional skills are laughable, and we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

No real GNR fan would download the album - let alone burn copies for friends. This album has taken almost a decade for Axl to put together: Clearly, he has put all of his heart, soul, time and energy into this project. So, for some little punk to come along and tell everybody he plans to download it and burn copies for pals - is just disrespectful, selfish, and wrong. Shame on you.

LMFAO

But how can you be a "real" fan of a GNR that's "not real"?? :book:

No real GNR fan would download the album - let alone burn copies for friends. This album has taken almost a decade for Axl to put together: Clearly, he has put all of his heart, soul, time and energy into this project. So, for some little punk to come along and tell everybody he plans to download it and burn copies for pals - is just disrespectful, selfish, and wrong. Shame on you.

LMFAO

But how can you be a "real" fan of a GNR that's "not real"?? :book:

ooooooooooooooooooooooo great response :rolleyes: so quick and clever, you should be proud of yourself for that.

no i wont burn it.

GNR released a double album in the early 90's so you could buy one, and your friend could buy one. Then make a copy and share. I don't see how burning it and giving it out is any different really.

Beside, downloading has been nothing but good for the industry as it has forced labels to cut the fat and stop gorging consumers. They have stopped paying out giant advances like the one Axl is still living off of, so it has forced artists to get a little more creative and get out of the studio. That is nothing but a good thing for everyone.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I will definitely burn copies for my friends assholes. They are your fucking friends. If you are more loyal to Axl than your own friends, then you are even more pathetic and worthless than anyone could imagine. I personally do not care about laws. I like to make ethical and moral decisions. Is it unethical to copy someone elses work? Yes I guess it is. Is it unethical to not copy a cd for a friend who wants one. Yes, even more so. I am not saying make a copy for every fucker who wants one. But I will without a doubt be making a few copies, and I will likely be sending tracks to people who normally would never buy or listen to the music. Is this unethical? I don't think so since it opens the door to someone to experience something new. You can make this argument with many aspects of copying music. Maybe someone will go to the one of the shows or buy a legit copy (and future and past releases) because of me sending them some new music. Technolgy moves too quickly. The music industry does not make the world go around. My loyalty is not with the music industry. My loyalty is to myself and my family and friends.

then again, the way you swear constantly to try and prove your point, only proves that you are a child.

then again, the way you swear constantly to try and prove your point, only proves that you are a child.

My swearing has no bearing on my age. Especially when replying to nonsense some of you guys and girls are posting here. I do not need to swear to prove anything. I CHOSE to because I wanted to. I did it to HIGHLIGHT the point. Not too mention 6 years in the Corps does bad things to your vocabulary. And believe me, even with all my swearing I am far more man than you will ever be.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

My swearing has no bearing on my age. Especially when replying to nonsense some of you guys and girls are posting here. I do not need to swear to prove anything. I CHOSE to because I wanted to. I did it to HIGHLIGHT the point. Not too mention 6 years in the Corps does bad things to your vocabulary. And believe me, even with all my swearing I am far more man than you will ever be.

the fact that you come on an internet forum to say your more of a man will me ruins all your credibility.

Anyways on topic, burning CD is wrong.

...because that's not ironic at all? :rolleyes:

Best post so far, thankyou.