3 Pink Floyd: The Wall 1979

4 Led Zeppelin: Untitled (IV) 1971

5 Billy Joel: Greatest Hits Volume I & II 1985

6 Fleetwood Mac: Rumours 1977

7 The Beatles: The Beatles [White Album] 1968

8 Shania Twain: Come on Over 1997

9 Whitney Houston Various Artists: The Bodyguard 1992

10 Boston: Boston 1976

The biggest selling album of all time is Michael Jackson's "Thriller".

It has sold to this date over 45 million worldwide sales.

How the hell did it sell so many copies?

Well, maybe because it unleashed SEVEN top U.S singles, and 8 GRAMMY Awards.

"Thriller" is in a league of it's own....

UNTIL NOW SOON.....

The release of "Chinese Democracy" will outsell "Thriller" no prob-lemo.

"Thriller" had only nine songs on it, seven of them singles. Two of them #1

"Chinese Democracy" has a unconformed 13 songs on it, none of them singles. None of them on the charts.

A guy walks into a records store in 1982, he buys "Thriller" cos' the title track had such a sweet video.

A guy walks into a record store in 2006 (hopefully), he see's "Chinese Democracy", he goes home and downloads it onto his Ipod.

So far "Thriller" seems galaxies out of "Chinese Democracy"'s league, but wait....

Slowly and slowly Guns N' Roses & Chinese Democracy become household names. Late Night TV shows make cruel jokes about it, parodys, discussions, etc. The pace increases. It holds on....

A Billionaire Tycoon Business Man from Idoho is on his death-bed, he has no kids.... No one to give his fortune to in his will. He hears "I.R.S" on the radio... He can relate to it, so he spends every last cent he got buying copies of "Chinese Democracy". If CD is $15, and the Business Man From Idoho On His Death Bed spends his billions, that means he would have 15,000,000,000 copies. That's more than Thriller and that's just from one crazy man with nothing else to live for! The Man then hires helicopters to fly over the world dropping off "Chinese Democracy", everyone yells "hooray!".

Add that to the other 3 million CD will earn from fans and we have a total of....

15,003,000,000 COPIES SOLD!!!

That kicks Thriller's ass, and we all go home happy.

TOP TEN BEST SELLING ALBUMS AS OF NEXT YEAR

1 Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy 2006 (hopefully)

2 Michael Jackson: Thriller 1982

3 Eagles: Their Greatest Hits 1976

4 Pink Floyd: The Wall 1979

5 Led Zeppelin: Untitled (IV) 1971

6 Billy Joel: Greatest Hits Volume I & II 1985

7 Fleetwood Mac: Rumours 1977

8 The Beatles: The Beatles [White Album] 1968

9Shania Twain: Come on Over 1997

10 Whitney Houston Various Artists: The Bodyguard 1992

All guns need is single (IRS maybe) that can relate to a crazy dying billionaire with no kids or pets, and BOOM! the wait is worth it. Chinese Democracy becomes the biggest selling album of all time in just under a year. rock4

That's what I think, anyone agree? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did Shania Twain get on that list.... :question:

Thriller was kind of a once in a lifetime type of album. It came out at the right time, Jackson was in his prime, a phenomenal dancer,entertainer, and musician and MTV was just breaking out. All those factors and MJ's ability to crossover to other genres is what made thriller so huge. That and those groundbreaking videos. Even his later albums Bad and Dangerous have sold over 30 million copies which is incredible but no where close to how much Thriller sold....

An album with Thriller type popularity will never happen again. Media and music have changed too much from that time to allow such success...

TOP TEN BEST SELLING ALBUMS AS OF RIGHT NOW:

1 Michael Jackson: Thriller 1982

2 Eagles: Their Greatest Hits 1976

UNTIL NOW SOON.....

"Chinese Democracy" has a unconformed 13 songs on it, none of them singles. None of them on the charts.

A guy walks into a records store in 1982, he buys "Thriller" cos' the title track had such a sweet video.

A guy walks into a record store in 2006 (hopefully), he see's "Chinese Democracy", he goes home and downloads it onto his Ipod.

So far "Thriller" seems galaxies out of "Chinese Democracy"'s league, but wait....

Slowly and slowly Guns N' Roses & Chinese Democracy become household names. Late Night TV shows make cruel jokes about it, parodys, discussions, etc. The pace increases. It holds on....

A Billionaire Tycoon Business Man from Idoho is on his death-bed, he has no kids.... No one to give his fortune to in his will. He hears "I.R.S" on the radio... He can relate to it, so he spends every last cent he got buying copies of "Chinese Democracy". If CD is $15, and the Business Man From Idoho On His Death Bed spends his billions, that means he would have 15,000,000,000 copies. That's more than Thriller and that's just from one crazy man with nothing else to live for! The Man then hires helicopters to fly over the world dropping off "Chinese Democracy", everyone yells "hooray!".

Add that to the other 3 million CD will earn from fans and we have a total of....

All guns need is single (IRS maybe) that can relate to a crazy dying billionaire with no kids or pets, and BOOM! the wait is worth it. Chinese Democracy becomes the biggest selling album of all time in just under a year. rock4

Step away from the keyboard...

UNTIL NOW SOON.....

GNR will NEVER outsell Thriller.

And by the way, the number one album of all time is NOT Thriller. It is Bing Crosby's WHITE CHRISTMAS. They never include it on the list because there is no close second. It has sold over a billion copies.

Very funny read but to add some real info regarding that chart everyone keep in mind that many of these albums doubled their sales when Albums went by the side and everyone bought new copies on CD. Another good example is Floyds Dark Side of the Moon. It was one of the earlier CD's available and people put the album on the shelf and bought the CD i droves making a lot of new sales from repeat customers.

For these numbers to be seen again something along the same lines would need to happen. One day I am sure it will but I doubt that any artist will beat these numbers without some industry change like this.

And by the way, the number one album of all time is NOT Thriller. It is Bing Crosby's WHITE CHRISTMAS. They never include it on the list because there is no close second. It has sold over a billion copies.

Yeah..I have 120 white christmas albums here.

HaHAHA. Very funny thread. Guns N' Roses will reunite before Chinese Democracy outsells Thriller. It may sell a few million worldwide. I would expect 5 million world wide in the first few weeks just because people will be curious. It could sell a lot more if the songs on it are actually good. Lets hope they are!

Yeah..I have 120 white christmas albums here.

:rofl-lol:

UNTIL NOW SOON.....

It is very possible that Chinese democracy could outsell Thriller...Just as long as Chris Pittmans studio work is brought to a minimum and Axl + Dizzy did most of the writing and orcestrating.

A8R

UNTIL NOW SOON.....

Don't be stupid, arthur! Jackamo just laid out the math for you; CD will sell over 15 BILLION copies! That's WAY more than the 1 billion White Christmas sold. Duh! :book:

White Christmas has sold 100 million copies, 50 million of those being singles.

Thriller has sold closer to 60 million copies and remains the biggest selling album of original material of all time.

Either way, GNR will never overtake that.

Edited by luvaxl4ever