Steve Gadd

adnan

I think he's tasteful almost all the time. On his jazz stuff he's a bit too superfluous at times, but hey, it's jazz!

I think his live work with Clapton is amazing. On "One More Car One More Rider" he switches from a calm beat on "Hoochie Coochie Man" to the faster "Cocaine" flawlessly.

But his best work is arguably with "Steely Dan". Listen to Aja, stunning work to rival Moon at his best.

(thinks about Clapton singing Muddy Waters :scared: )

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

He respects the song. Doesn't try too hard. It is quite bad though. Thank God he shuts up for the most part and solos though.

Have you heard "Aja" though? Classic album, really essential if you like fusion jazz.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

(thinks about Clapton singing Muddy Waters :scared: )

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

He respects the song. Doesn't try too hard. It is quite bad though. Thank God he shuts up for the most part and solos though.

Have you heard "Aja" though? Classic album, really essential if you like fusion jazz.

I've heard some of their shit, and I like what I've heard. But I couldn't see myself going crazy over them. The only fusion I like is the original Miles shit, and some Mahavishnu Orchestra. They were definitely real musicians though.

Now, that...is frightening. Indeed.

As long as he never touches Bessie, she's my gal. :heart:

Gadd is surprisingly revered for a guy who never played in a popular group for the long term.

Gadd is surprisingly revered for a guy who never played in a popular group for the long term.

:( Sorry to do this to ya man...

I know she didn't write it but...

He did a rather famous cover of "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out"... :(

And Gadd has done so much session and touring work that it's natural for him to be so revered. He's been with Eric's live show for quite a while too.

He did a rather famous cover of "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out"... :(

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOOO!

No one should've even tried that song after she did it. That's what I don't like about Clapton, he covers songs that can't be improved.

FUCK...

You know you're basically proving my point about you judging Eric without merit, since you just admitted, twice, to not hearing either of his career's crowning achievements- according to critics and sales.

Unplugged, and "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs"

You know you're basically proving my point about you judging Eric without merit, since you just admitted, twice, to not hearing either of his career's crowning achievements- according to critics and sales.

Don't care. I know what Clapton's about and I don't like him.

Don't care. I know what Clapton's about and I don't like him.

Fair enough, but don't argue with people who do like him, when you haven't heard what are his two most essential and critically acclaimed albums.