The leaks??

mahimahi

Just wondering who stopped listening to the leaked and live new songs??

I havent listened to them for a good 3 months or so (although im dying too now), and I think its cool because they are going to sound nice and fresh to me once the album is released :)

So how long has it been since you guys listened to them, and has anyone stopped like I have?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time when I woke up every morning to my stereo blasting Chinese Democracy. Then, while I make breakfast, Id skip to I.R.S. and blast it. Then, while I am eating my wheaties, I watch my Rock AM Ring recording of Better. On the way to class, I walk to the beat of "the blues," and while sitting through lectures, I play various 2002 concerts on my laptop with the volume set to mute. After classes, I listen to TWAT on repeat while i'm lifting at the gym. Then I come back to my flat and cupcake the forum for a few hours while listening to the instrumental versions of better, irs, and twat. I take a break from being a couch potatoe, and rock out on my keyboard to my piano arrangement of the 1999 version of irs. While cooking and eating dinner, i listen to TWAT 99 and irs 99, but there is an incident with the spaghetti where i am making tea and spill splenda all over the ground, while outside the rain pours down, and it is the month of november. At parties that night, I am sure to play the radio recording of irs from 05, and once in bed, I play all the abridged leaks on repeat through my headphones.

But really, I don't understand the whole staving off listening to the demos until the album drops. I listen to the demo Dont Cry, and SCOM all the time, and I appreciate the master recordings just as much. What if you die before chidem gets released? You should enjoy the time you've got, and listen to those leaked tracks! After all, isnt that what the whole rock n roll lifestyle is about!

I decided quite some time ago to set them aside and wait for the finished product.

Same here. They are good songs, but I'm not a big fan of them...I mean, Yes i like them, but they don't compare to the older stuff. But the demo's to songs like welcome to the jungle and paradise city don't compare to the AFDversions either. Thats why I can wait for that good old finished product.

A8R