Information During the World Series?

december pain

GNR is now partnered with MLB, and most people watch the world series. Do you think we could have some sort of announcement or information revealed then? I hope so and think it would be a good move.

GN'R is not partnered with MLB. The subsidiary of MLB that runs the team websites is running www.gunsnroses.com.

Guns N' Roses are also delighted to announce that they have partnered with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB.COM) to provide their fans with premium ticketing opportunities and up to the minute information on the tour and the band's other activities via gunsnroses.com which will be launched as of tomorrow.

GNR is now partnered with MLB, and most people watch the world series. Do you think we could have some sort of announcement or information revealed then? I hope so and think it would be a good move.

GN'R is not partnered with MLB. The subsidiary of MLB that runs the team websites is running www.gunsnroses.com.

Guns N' Roses are also delighted to announce that they have partnered with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB.COM) to provide their fans with premium ticketing opportunities and up to the minute information on the tour and the band's other activities via gunsnroses.com which will be launched as of tomorrow.

I could be wrong, but I understood it as gunsnroses.com interfacing with the same technology MLB.COM uses on their site (software)

to provide their fans with premium ticketing opportunities and up to the minute information on the tour and the band's other activities via gunsnroses.com

Am I the only one who interpreted it that way?

Edited by Ions

^ no dude your right...everyone else are just morons and thinks gnr is associated with baseball now so everytime they hear a guns song playing in a stadium..it MUST BE because of their "partnership".

Exactly. MLB.COM uses some pretty advanced proprietary software that allows users to follow games and player stats which are updated in 'real time'. gunsnroses.com has made a deal with them to interface with this software in order to add functionality to their site. I'm pretty sure that's as far as it goes. I'm not sure where people are getting these other ideas.

^ no dude your right...everyone else are just morons and thinks gnr is associated with baseball now so everytime they hear a guns song playing in a stadium..it MUST BE because of their "partnership".

Exactly. MLB.COM uses some pretty advanced proprietary software that allows users to follow games and player stats which are updated in 'real time'. gunsnroses.com has made a deal with them to interface with this software in order to add functionality to their site. I'm pretty sure that's as far as it goes. I'm not sure where people are getting these other ideas.

i thought there would still be some cross-branding going on between the two. i.e., commercials during tv/radio broadcasts, banner ads on mlb related sites, etc....

Man, What kid of proprietary software is needed on the guns site?? There isn't anything on there that I could not write using a standard query within five miutes. I don't see anything on the Guns site that relys on any particuliar software. If anything, that site needs some improvements. I hope they are getting more out of this partnership than the web site features....

Edited by mcalldp

i thought there would still be some cross-branding going on between the two. i.e., commercials during tv/radio broadcasts, banner ads on mlb related sites, etc....

yea they actually had a link to the GNR homepage on one of the links at mlb.com...if that's what you are asking about...if not then don't pay attention to me.

Man, What kid of proprietary software is needed on the guns site?? There isn't anything on there that I could not write using a standard query within five miutes. I don't see anything on the Guns site that relys on any particuliar software. If anything, that site needs some improvements. I hope they are getting more out of this partnership than the web site features....

Why don't you offer your help and maybe go into partnership? ;)