Bumblefoot v. Buckethead

KyleMac

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is this thread, a competition to see who's the most ignorant?

Screw that!~

GNR dont need some wankathon lead guitarist virtuoso who really should be a solo artist like the other brilliant guitarists out there....

It needs a rock guitarist who fits the band - AKA RON!

That's exactly what Ron is, a brilliant virtuoso who's put out a ton of solo material. Not some ten a penny band guitarist who's solos are all boring pentatonics.

You're not missing much. Bucket may be a great player, but his solo work is quite boring IMO. If you listen to an entire show you will see pretty quickly that nearly all his songs have the same feel/groove to them. He is more of a reactor in that he plays off other people's songs well but he's not particularly good on his own.

You're an idiot, Bucket is one of the most versatile Guitarists on the planet. This statement clearly shows you haven't heard the massive sylistic dexterity and variety in Bucket's albums. You probably listened to Enter The Chicken and thought you were an expert.

Oh and for the last time, Ron is arguably superior to Bucket techincally... he can certainly alternate pick faster, does harder legato runs and he has perfect pitch. the only thing Bucket bests him at technically is probably tapping.

I'm no idiot . I have listened to several albums and seen him in concert. He may be a great technical player but he is no songwriter- I was not commenting on his playing ability, just the sameness of his songs. The only good stuff he has put out have been collaberations like Praxis, stuff with Les Claypool, GN'R,etc. not his solo albums. You're the idiot for thinking technical ability is enough to make someones music great-its nothing more than masturbation without good songs.

Have you heard the albums Crime Slunk Scene, Electric Tears and Colma? Fantastic albums of melody over technique. You haven't? Didn't think so.

...and were did I say I thought technical ablity makes good music thundertits? Oh wait, I didn't.

BH or BBF were/are JUST the 3rd guitar player in the band. Just additional players.

Richard and Robin ARE the "real" guitar players, fact.

Pointless thread.

Yes Bucket and Ron are shitty pretend guitar players. Robin Finck, NOW THERE'S A REAL GUITAR PLAYER ZOMGBBQWAFFLEPWNAGE!!!11

Do you people realise how ignorant you are? Jesus fucking christ.

Edited by PurpleHaze

What the fuck is this thread, a competition to see who's the most ignorant?

Screw that!~

GNR dont need some wankathon lead guitarist virtuoso who really should be a solo artist like the other brilliant guitarists out there....

It needs a rock guitarist who fits the band - AKA RON!

That's exactly what Ron is, a brilliant virtuoso who's put out a ton of solo material. Not some ten a penny band guitarist who's solos are all boring pentatonics.

You're not missing much. Bucket may be a great player, but his solo work is quite boring IMO. If you listen to an entire show you will see pretty quickly that nearly all his songs have the same feel/groove to them. He is more of a reactor in that he plays off other people's songs well but he's not particularly good on his own.

You're an idiot, Bucket is one of the most versatile Guitarists on the planet. This statement clearly shows you haven't heard the massive sylistic dexterity and variety in Bucket's albums. You probably listened to Enter The Chicken and thought you were an expert.

Oh and for the last time, Ron is arguably superior to Bucket techincally... he can certainly alternate pick faster, does harder legato runs and he has perfect pitch. the only thing Bucket bests him at technically is probably tapping.

I'm no idiot . I have listened to several albums and seen him in concert. He may be a great technical player but he is no songwriter- I was not commenting on his playing ability, just the sameness of his songs. The only good stuff he has put out have been collaberations like Praxis, stuff with Les Claypool, GN'R,etc. not his solo albums. You're the idiot for thinking technical ability is enough to make someones music great-its nothing more than masturbation without good songs.

Have you heard the albums Crime Slunk Scene, Electric Tears and Colma? Fantastic albums of melody over technique. You haven't? Didn't think so.

...and were did I say I thought technical ablity makes good music thundertits? Oh wait, I didn't.

BH or BBF were/are JUST the 3rd guitar player in the band. Just additional players.

Richard and Robin ARE the "real" guitar players, fact.

Pointless thread.

Yes Bucket and Ron are shitty pretend guitar players. Robin Finck, NOW THERE'S A REAL GUITAR PLAYER ZOMGBBQWAFFLEPWNAGE!!!11

Do you people realise how ignorant you are? Jesus fucking christ.

Haha my friend Purple Haze makes me piss my pants. he speaks the truth though... Bucket or Ron would never be second fiddle to Finck. come on maaaan.

this whole arguement is pretty pointless though really. everything boils down to opinion.

buckethead, i think his solo work is alot better, his work on the leaks kicked ass and he has a fun gimic

also when he did a solo live at a gnr show it was more exciting

ron is great to but bucket is always better

Couldnt agree more dude :) i loved buckets solos at GnR shows and when he gave out toys lol i think he and Ron are very similar in personality, both care a lot about their fans, bucket is just shy. :krider:

While Buckethead in the band he was the best guitar player of the band.

Now Robin Finck is the best player . Why?

Of course, bucket is technicaly better than robin and ron;

But i also like ron and finck, nice guys.

When Bucket was in the band he was the BEST guitarist in ANY band.

Ron's awesome and really appears to be enjoying himself being in the band. So do all the other guys in the band.

But I have to admit yet again that I thought Bucket was the baddest fucking guitarist I'd seen in a long time. And I'd never heard of the dude before finding out he was another new guitarist in the band.

I really think Bucket just wasn't able to be tamed or maybe simply did not want to be. The dude has been around forever and played with just about everyone. He's got killer skills and talent. His get-up throws everyone off at first but when you hear and see the guy nail every note you finally see why his skill was a good fit for the band. I really don't know how much completed material Guns recorded with Bucket but I sure would like to hear it all someday.

my 2 cents

Bockethead is technically a better player, but he's not a rock guitarist. IMO. Ron is technically a very amazing guitarist (superior to 99.99% of guitar players), but he also has the rock look, the rock music attitude, and the ability to play rock solos. That's why Ron is so much better.

you can't really believe how glad I was heard Bucket had left and when I saw Bumblefoot, Buckethead was a great guitarist but my respect for the new GN'R in those days were very little, Axl like a hip-hop guy of some kind, Robin with the most freaky haircut ever been seen, guitarist that had a bucket on his head and made some kind of karate tricks for the crowd...

when I saw the pictures and heard some audio files from the first gigs in May this year, I was so happy I almost got some shit in my pants

Bumblefoot v. Buckethead

In all fairness i really don't know enough about Bumble Foot, and i know so much more about Buckethead.

As solo artist's i think there is room for both Bumble Foot and Buckethead. If you view the pair of them in a Gn'R context, i think i prefer Buckethead from a sound point of view, although as a person i feel that Bumble Foot fits in with the whole live gig thing better then Buckhead did.

As solo artist's, i own 8+ Buckethead albums and at the present time feel no urge to buy Bumble Foot material.

Back in 2002 i got to see Buckethead live when he was with Gn'R. It was good to see him. As yet i have not seen the new Gn'R perform live with Bumble Foot. It will be good to see the new Gn'R live when they return to the UK.

As for the album Chinese Democracy. I sure hope Buckethead's input remains intact. I have said that if Gn'R removed Buckethead's sounds from the album, then i will not buy the album. I will download it. Having said that, i think we will get to hear Buckethead on the Chinese Democracy album :)

Mmmm my opinion says I didn't like the 02' GNR at all. They just didn't fit. They just weren't the "new reincarnation of GNR" I expected. They didn't have the chemistry that they DO have now, and I really believe Finck's attitude has changed a lot since then.

Back on topic, seeing Buckethead on stage REALLY made me miss Slash a lot. That does not happen AT ALL when I see Ron. I personally love him, he's the best the new GNR has had.

Have you heard Ron's solo on There Was a Time live at Madrid? I even got to think "who the hell needs Slash now?"

Referring to their solo work, I know almost anything so I cannot have an argumented opinion (although sth tells me I would also go for Ron).

For GNR, I vote Ron. And I would definitley have voted Bucket out.

PS: I agree with Slash's Appetite on the fact Brain is the best drummer GN'R has ever had probably

Bumble or Bucket?

I hate to say it but Buckethead every time for me. If you put to one side the whole "hey man! its not fucking right he's got a bucket on his head, take it off" comment and listen to ability surely Bucket' should win every time, no?

Ron seems such a cool guy but I have to admit he's my least favorite band member, just don't see where he fits in at all.

Ok boils down to:> Bucket has a clear sense of direction with his shredding - it keeps inline with the main feeling of the song whilst Bumle clearly has good ability but seems to go off on a tangent and then just about comes back into line just before his solos finish :question:

Sorry Ron! :(

UK SUBS.

I'd actually agree with that. When you hear him do the solo in the build-up of 'Better' it doesn't do any justice to Bucket's work on that track at all, infact it just sounds dodgy. But you can guess he probably never even learned Bucket's part, he's just playing whatever he wants. However, I still think Bumble rocks, listen to his work on RAR 'Nightrain'.

I'm a big Bucket fan and find his stuff much more melodic and enjoyable. However I do like Bumble very much as well, I can't really decideon which one I prefer in GN'R however as Ron hasn't written anything for them. Bucket's work on There Was A Time is one of the most amazing solos I've heard in quite some time, and I find it hard to imagine Bumble doing the same, but of course I hope he is up to it.

However, I still think Bumble rocks, listen to his work on RAR 'Nightrain'.

That song is a prime example of Ron just going off on his own world without regard to the song,

you tune out the music, and it's just a guy trying to cram as many really fast exercises into the time allowed...

That song is a prime example of Ron just going off on his own world without regard to the song,

you tune out the music, and it's just a guy trying to cram as many really fast exercises into the time allowed...

Do you feel the same about all performances of Nightrain? I thought the one from Rock AM Ring was pretty good, although I prefer Buckets.

I agree, I usually like Ron's take on the solos, but his shredding on Nightrain is pointless.

BUCKETHEAD

Anybody with brains knows that Bumblefoot is a much much better fit for GnR. That being said Buckethead has alot to offer..in his own schtick. His whole costume is such a distraction to his music. The whole Herbie the sock puppet incident mixed in with the acknowledgement that Buckethead is scared of girls just about made me wanna abandon the whole nuGnR movement. Smartest move Buckethead ever made was realizing that GNR was just not his game.