Has TWAT been played since Hammerstein?

KyleMac

I would be really disappointed if they did not play it during the North American Tour, it is in my top 10 favorite GNR songs of all time. From about 3:30 on that thing just rocks. Could anyone direct me where to go for the setlists for the concerts that have been played so far, nothing in the concerts section of this site.

Also, as i have never been to a GNR concert before (going to Detroit), does Axl tend to follow a fixed setlist or does he play whatever he feels like. I know during the Illusions tour he played bad obsession a few times, but not at every concert (he did this with a few other songs as well). Most bands nowadays will play the same set for an entire tour, do you think axl will do this as well? Thank you.

No, "TWAT" has not been played again after the Hammerstein show. And yes, the playlists for the pre-tour were very similar, with a few changes from time to time. To see playlists from past shows go here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showforum=6

There are playlists for almost every show of the pre-tour.

Hopefully we will be hearing some more new songs on the actual Chinese Democracy Tour. *fingers crossed*

Edited by Lukinx

Unfortunatly, its the worst song of that Madrid concert. Axl sounds horrible. :(

You realy don`t like the Madrid preformace of TWAT :lol: ..... Every time somone brings it up, you have to mention that :lol:

But your right... Axl sounds bad on it.

I hope Axl stops being a "twat" (ho, ho) and realises he needs to actually rehearse some of these songs... especially TWAT. It sounds awful live - well he does the band are pretty good, and will get better as they play it more!

LP

TWAT is just crap

Nah, you're wrong. :)

It's a great song, but you have to admit the Madrid performance was pretty dreadful and probably the reason they haven't played it since.

I think both performances were pretty dreadful, and I don't think it's a song Axl can pull off live. The phrasing is very difficult to keep up with and he runs out of breath.

I still maintain the opinion that it's the best of the leaked songs. :)

If Axl can't pull off TWAT then I guess there is no chance in hell of him pulling off CITR live :-( Too bad, as this is one of my all time favorite guns songs even from only a demo version.

If it's an oxygen problem, I wish he'd start runing with his pal Sabastian to keep in better cardio shape.

Edited by mcalldp

TWAT is just crap

Do you understand how that has no relevance whatsoever to the topic? You have just proved, once again, that you are the most unhelpful member on MyGNR.

He's also the guy that uploaded every single show from 1985 - 2002 in audio for this board. But I guess you're right. He's not helpful at all. :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly, its the worst song of that Madrid concert. Axl sounds horrible. :(

You realy don`t like the Madrid preformace of TWAT :lol: ..... Every time somone brings it up, you have to mention that :lol:

But your right... Axl sounds bad on it.

It was just such a letdown. :lol:

I love the song and was pissed they didn't keep it in there. But, once I heard there was a soundboard version of one of the 2 times they did, I was pumped. Only to be horribly, horribly let down.

My comments are more of a cautionary tale for those who haven't downloaded the concert.

TWAT is just crap

Nah, you're wrong. :)

It's a great song, but you have to admit the Madrid performance was pretty dreadful and probably the reason they haven't played it since.

I think both performances were pretty dreadful, and I don't think it's a song Axl can pull off live. The phrasing is very difficult to keep up with and he runs out of breath.

I still maintain the opinion that it's the best of the leaked songs. :)

Agreed on both counts.

it is one of my favorites of the new songs, and I heard it live at hammerstein on the 12th of may. from the floor, axl sounded nothing short of amazing on it, but you're right, once you listen to it on audio, it wasn't his best performance. but i guarantee it will be amazing in studio form :)rock3