Best Slide Guitar Lines?

Bucketslash

My Sweet Lord - George Harrison

Eric Clapton plays uncredited on that, and most of Harrison's other solo work, as well as the White Album, and some other Beatles shit.

I thought Clapton only played on While My Guitar Gently Weeps?

I think he's credited for that right?

It's mostly a rumor, but it's been confirmed by George that he was on SOME Beatles tracks and "a lot" of his solo stuff, so yeah maybe it's overstated.

Pretty much anything by Duane Allman would qualify. I think every fan of slide guitar should at least own ABB @ the Fillmore East-one of the best live albums ever and full of stellar slide playing.

Pretty much anything by Duane Allman would qualify. I think every fan of slide guitar should at least own ABB @ the Fillmore East-one of the best live albums ever and full of stellar slide playing.

Amen to that.

Duane is the best Slide guitarist hands down.

Statesboro Blues just kicks ass!

Can we count pedal steel and lapstyle as slide? If we do, Robert Randolph. Period.

Robert Randolph is great, but there's also Junior Brown. He plays a doubleneck custom electric guitar with a lap steel. He kills on the lap steel as well as guitar, and he can switch seamlessly between to two.

Quite an overlooked song is Shelter Me - Cinderella.

Cinderella don't have anything that bars mentioning next to the other songs in this thread, love them though I do. Plus if you're giving a nod to their slide work, one cannot forget The Bad Seamstress Blues (Falling Apart at the Seams)

Of course, Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominos also has some amazing guitar from Duane Allman. Bonus too is that Clapton pulls off some crazy shit too.

Edited by adnan