Rock pedals

Buy the car, and you'll get that sound ;)

Anyway, maybe you should check out Boss OS-2 or something?

It's a really simple and standard distortion/overdrive pedal.

Can get decent sound with that. I think it works well on transistoramps as well.

Edited by Raw Power

It's the pickups in this guitar that give him that tone

And which pickups are those? :wub:

Buy the car, and you'll get that sound ;)

Anyway, maybe you should check out Boss OS-2 or something?

It's a really simple and standard distortion/overdrive pedal.

Can get decent sound with that. I think it works well on transistoramps as well.

Thanks, ill check it out :)

The best distortion pedal I've ever used is the one I'm using now, the Dunlop Zakk Wylde pedal. I have never been unable to get the exact sound I'm looking for through this thing, from Sweet Child O' Mine to Cowboys From Hell.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR...edal?sku=151118

Edited by teknophyle83

The Zack Wylde pedal is not an pedal which is good for classic rock.

The name tells us most we need to know, its a dist pedal with LOTS of distortion.

If you check out the Boss OS-2 you'll see that its an overdrive/distortion pedal.

You'll be able to get distortion which fits just as good for classic rock as for harder metal.

Used it myself before I got myself a tube amp and could start using my Tubescreamer and MXR.

Yea i googled the Boss OS-2.... looks pretty good and the demo sounds good too

Think it will be a crimbo prezzie :xmasssanta:

But i really do want the slash sound on the VW ad.. anyone got any ideas? Type of pickups/fx ect?

Edited by JDRM

Just a note: Your guitar will not sound like the one in the commercial if you have the car and the guitar.

Only Slash can make it sounds like that. It is really a poor guitarsound but Slash manage to play something

awsome and it seems kinda cool.

Yea i googled the Boss OS-2.... looks pretty good and the demo sounds good too

Think it will be a crimbo prezzie :xmasssanta:

But i really do want the slash sound on the VW ad.. anyone got any ideas? Type of pickups/fx ect?

Erm, probably no fx used. Just ran straight through an amp, very low distortion

I'm sure a Gretch guitar has similar pickups. Ask johnezz he has more of an idea of Classic rock tones than i do ;)

Just a note: Your guitar will not sound like the one in the commercial if you have the car and the guitar.

Only Slash can make it sounds like that. It is really a poor guitarsound but Slash manage to play something

awsome and it seems kinda cool.

Doesnt sound like a poor guitar sound to me :unsure: Sounds like an in-your-face, fuck off, metal sound to me :heart:

johnezz dear, we need your help!

Edited by JDRM

Anyway, the best thing you can do no matter of what sound you're looking for is go to the local guitarstore and try, try and try som more...

Anyway, the tone Slash uses in the VW ad you should be able to get on most amps and guitars.

It's a very dry tone with not much distortion.

Practise and accuracy is essential. Slash made it sound like what it did. The 'tone' is gotten from his accuracy of playing. Mucking around with an overdrive pedal is not enough really. Sure, yes it will sound different but yeah, you know.

Here's a good, versatile pedal. I used to have one back in the day, and it was great.

Boss DS1

As far as the Slash/car thing... I highly doubt that's the actual sound of the guitar being played through the car. I'm sure they were using a mic'd amp instead.

I'd second that pedal. I've used it and liked it.

And about the car.. I've tried that before.. It doesn't work :lol:

How didn't it work? How did you connect a guitar to the car? You would need something to act as a preamp inorder for it to sound right through the guitar speakers. Just taking a guitar and plugging it in wouldn't work. but if you had an effects board or something, that would do the trick.

How didn't it work? How did you connect a guitar to the car? You would need something to act as a preamp inorder for it to sound right through the guitar speakers. Just taking a guitar and plugging it in wouldn't work. but if you had an effects board or something, that would do the trick.

I mean it didn't sound good. It worked, but it sounded like garbage. It was my buddy's car that had a board I plugged into. Maybe his car speakers were crap..

Edited by kevin

I mean it didn't sound good. It worked, but it sounded like garbage. It was my buddy's car that had a board I plugged into. Maybe his car speakers were crap..

Hmm, this shit is making me think. Too bad I don't have a power inverter to power an effects board, or I would totally give it a try. :lol: It would be awesome too, because I have a truck. So I could stand in the bed and someone could drive me around while I rock the fuck out! rock1 :lol:

But anyway, back on topic...

Another good pedal is the Boss BD2 Blues Driver. -->BD2

Edited by santana

hate to poison the thread with ignorance but, jus curious like, how do u use em? someone showed me a wiki link about the shit but the shit aint make no sense to me. what is it like, attached to the guitar, the amp or what? im so stupid :question:

hate to poison the thread with ignorance but, jus curious like, how do u use em? someone showed me a wiki link about the shit but the shit aint make no sense to me. what is it like, attached to the guitar, the amp or what? im so stupid :question:

Guitar>pedal(s)>amp

Connected through a series of cables :)

And thanks for the comments guys

Its a close call between the hot Rod, the boss OS-Overdrive/dist and the Boss DS1.... :unsure:

Any other ideas are welcomed :heart:

Edited by JDRM

plug into your computer speakers and you will sound like that.

seriously

you dont even need a pedal to sound like that

but your gain from 1-3 and scoop your mids and play around

Uh, it's not good for your speakers to be sounding like that if you aren't using any effects. If you're playing a clean guitar through PC speakers, and the sound is coming out distorted, then there's a great chance that you will eventually blow out your speakers.

You dont need a pedal for that tone man.

Besides its not a "classic rock tone" anyway, quite a modern sounding one.

Just plug your guitar into your amp, crank it to get a decent amount of overdrive, thrown in some reverb, then fiddle with your EQ to get that tone. Sounds like alot of high mids and not that much bass at all. Sounds liek he's using the Bridge pickup aswell.

Distortion from your amp always sounds better than from a pedal.

But since you really do want a pedal.

For tube amps you can't beat the Tubescreamers.

Like Santana said, the DS-1 is a trustworthy pedal.

Just go into your nearest guitar shop and try all their overdrive/distortion pedals, and buy the one you think sounds the best :D

Good luck mate

Edited by johnezz