Rock pedals

You can't get a decent tone out of a Metal Zone. Only tone you get is a "bzzzz-type of distortion.

Try a real dist. pedal and you will know what I talk about. You can't get a decent classic rock

tone with a metal zone pedal. I was young and didn't know better once so I bought myself a MT-2

and it was my biggest dissapointment EVER. You'll be ok with your MT if you can't play guitar, have

a Marshall MG, only play Metallica and doesnt care about your sound.

Something tells me that you doesnt know your "shit."

Edited by Raw Power

ah right, its a good pedal, it wont get you that tone but thats not what i was saying. its a quality pedal that you can get a shit load of different metal sounds out of. i find it better than the tone on my marshall (mainly due to its versatility) and love it, you dont like it fair enough. if you can only get metallica out of it then you aint using it right

and yes i know my shit thanks

Which Marshall are you using the pedal with?

You can probably get other things than Metallica sound from the pedal.

But It's just popular with the kids who starts playing guitar, start a Metallica

coverband and only play Metallica and they buy that pedal because they've

read somewhere that Metallica use it.

Its just too many of those.

Which Marshall do you use? Its like a Marshall MG only type of sound you

can get out if is the bzzzz-type of distortion.

It's TONS of pedal which gives you a better metalsound.

Edited by Raw Power

You dont need a pedal for that tone man.

Besides its not a "classic rock tone" anyway, quite a modern sounding one.

Just plug your guitar into your amp, crank it to get a decent amount of overdrive, thrown in some reverb, then fiddle with your EQ to get that tone. Sounds like alot of high mids and not that much bass at all. Sounds liek he's using the Bridge pickup aswell.

Distortion from your amp always sounds better than from a pedal.

But since you really do want a pedal.

For tube amps you can't beat the Tubescreamers.

Like Santana said, the DS-1 is a trustworthy pedal.

Just go into your nearest guitar shop and try all their overdrive/distortion pedals, and buy the one you think sounds the best :D

Good luck mate

Thanks dude :)

and I think im going to go with the Boss OS-2 :xmasssanta:

On final thing... can anyone link me up with a 9v/12v (i cant remember which one it is) hub thing? :unsure:

At the mo i use one power cable and swap between cables and i need a sort of hub like thing. Im not even sure if they exist but hopefuly someone will understand what I mean. :lol:

ah right, its a good pedal, it wont get you that tone but thats not what i was saying. its a quality pedal that you can get a shit load of different metal sounds out of. i find it better than the tone on my marshall (mainly due to its versatility) and love it, you dont like it fair enough. if you can only get metallica out of it then you aint using it right

and yes i know my shit thanks

Yea MT-2 is a good pedal for it's thing. Yes raw power, it's correct that you wont get classic rock sound on it, but it's not supposed to either. It's not the classic rock zone pedal :P

It's not very good for GNR sound either. But it's still a good pedal just because it does not fit your style.

The guy asked for a classic rock pedal.

Not a metal pedal. Anyway, I don't like the sound i the MT even if i play metal.

I prefer almost any pedal before the MT-2 for Metal.

Imo its maybe the worst destortion pedal ever made.

Oh, I forgot about that he asked for a classic rock pedal. I agree he should not get the MT-2 then.

How many pedals do you have? Are they all 9v or do you have 12v as well?

just checked its 9v

Im not sure if the os-2 is 9 or 12 though :unsure:

So if anyone can offer any cheaper adapters like the BCB60 id be very grateful :heart: