Predictions: How Well Will "Better" Do In The Charts

Jackamo!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to consider about the song - Many of us (myself included) are probably underselling "Better" because we've had the opportunity to listen to it dozens of times that we've diluted its impact.

Back when the thing leaked, I think its fair to say that the majority of us were, in fact, blown away by it. It's a crazy, cool little rock song that will most likely find mainstream success, because its such a fresh sounding song.

Better is very catchy, which is imperative for a hit song. I don't hear anything else out right now that would prevent it from going number 1.

If my wife and mom like the song, chances are the entire country will be pissing themselves. Good first single will have people wanting the album.

• 6 years later...

Back in 98'-99' when GNR forums only had a few members and were truly "underground" we all thought Axl was working on a masterpiece. I think most of the people that were around back then don't even visit GNR forums anymore because they were disappointed with what they heard( when gnr performed live in 2001). I'll be honest these GNR leaks are not what was expected from Axl Rose and it is not one bit mindblowing . I think many of the kids that are following the new band want them to succeed because they didn't get the chance to enjoy the original GNR magic and want it to return in this new band .Deep down inside I know all of you realize these new tunes suck . That is why you are always concerned with what other people say because you are hoping that they don't feel the same way you feel about the tunes. That is why you are so defensive when someone says something bad about the band because you know deep down inside they are telling the truth . When someone is confident about something they could careless about what the rest of the world thinks.

good post!

anyone have the final chart info? it would be great to finally settle this debate!

The funny thing is that 6+years later the same thing is going on. Remember the fawning over Better Gone. Fuck me, a track that sounded like it was put together by a Mortal Kombat fan hopped up on meth and let loose on pro-tools and it was hailed as the second coming. Brain is a genius. Pity it doesn't apply to remixing songs.