Chinese Democracy Starts... By SELLING OUT!

dustindmnd2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm as excited as you all that this Chinese Democracy really seems to be coming out soon, and the commercial is proof of that- that's the good part (even though the snips they play of Better don't show any changes to the song, which I thought still needed some work from the version leaked, but I digress...).

Maybe I am old school, but I feel like artists shouldn't just prostitute their work to sell products, and I was disapointed to see that this is the FIRST thing AXL did with the new material! I expect that from poptarts and rappers, and for Michael Jackson to piss off Beatles fans by selling their songs to commercials, but not Gn'R. And I know that Led Zep and the Who have both done it to, and to be honest, they disapointed me when they did it, but at least it was 30 years after their songs came out (though I still wish I didn't think of a car each time I hear "Bargain.").

Anyways, anyone agree with me here? I just think it is selling out to give new songs to commercials.

Pubes.

Yeah I don't like hearing "Real Songs" in commercials it's a Pet Peeve of mine. But it seems to be the way that things are now :(

Edited by neon2002

Hey, I'm as excited as you all that this Chinese Democracy really seems to be coming out soon, and the commercial is proof of that- that's the good part (even though the snips they play of Better don't show any changes to the song, which I thought still needed some work from the version leaked, but I digress...).

Maybe I am old school, but I feel like artists shouldn't just prostitute their work to sell products, and I was disapointed to see that this is the FIRST thing AXL did with the new material! I expect that from poptarts and rappers, and for Michael Jackson to piss off Beatles fans by selling their songs to commercials, but not Gn'R. And I know that Led Zep and the Who have both done it to, and to be honest, they disapointed me when they did it, but at least it was 30 years after their songs came out (though I still wish I didn't think of a car each time I hear "Bargain.").

Anyways, anyone agree with me here? I just think it is selling out to give new songs to commercials.

Pubes.

so like, if you're so fucking cool that yer worried about about a band "selling out", WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WATCHING TV? shouldnt some ultra-cool, ethical person like you just be LISTENING TO MUSIC?

Pubes.

so did Velvet Revolver......you telling me they sold out too? :rofl-lol:

Get over it Mulletheads....it's no longer the 80's!

This is a dumb thread. "Oh no! Promotion finally! Axl's selling out!" Once the album's out, I'll expect some bitching about the fucking shrink wrap that covers the album. Can't wait for that stupid ass thread.

Promotion or no promotion, you fucks keep reaching for garbage excuses to bash on anything.

1.) Thank you for posting to my dumb thread... It is becoming quite successful!

2.) Yes, I will diss the shrinkwrap. I've heard it is actually covered with the Oscar-Myers Weiner logo so Axl can have a few extra bucks.

That's nice. You have no idea of what "selling out" even means and your thread shows it. Get some common sense, please.

Pubes.

I think the whole "selling out" thing is so stupid. Let me ask you a question. Why do you work? TO MAKE MONEY! Sure, I get the whole artist thing, but some "artist" decide that there worl is worth money and I personally want gnr to be heard by as many people as possible. People on this board make me laugh, 1st they are pissed because there is no marketing, than gnr team up with a an american icon, new people will hear new music (MARKETING) and people are still bitching? unbeleivable

I think the whole "selling out" thing is so stupid. Let me ask you a question. Why do you work? TO MAKE MONEY! Sure, I get the whole artist thing, but some "artist" decide that there worl is worth money and I personally want gnr to be heard by as many people as possible. People on this board make me laugh, 1st they are pissed because there is no marketing, than gnr team up with a an american icon, new people will hear new music (MARKETING) and people are still bitching? unbeleivable

Its not stupid sandyvagina....everytime I hear that Zepplin song I think of that damn commercial now and I don't want that to happen to GNR. I doubt that commercial will played very much, so I don't think that will happen, but I do think the braided one should leave it at that. Overall I think Axl had been extremely disciplined when it comes to this shit and I commend him, it must be hard with all that money being waved in your face. If this is the worst of it, then he's done okay in my book.