Coolchef

Guest Bach

with teeth is ***** one of my favourite songs i really like

How will feel r eznor when r obi n will be at the top of the charts with better?

Discuss :chef:

I would asume because they're old band mans that Reznor would be happy for Robin or he just wouldn't give a fuck.

Did they have a falling out of some sorts. I don't know their story.

Tbizzle

I think this i the wrong section.

Well, I think it would make Robin feel really good. :D

I don't know about Trent because I never really understood the meaning behind all of those pics that he photoshopped with Axl's pic. I wasn't sure if he wanted to tour with GNR or was just taking a shot at Robin for being in a band whose album never came out.

I don't really think Trent would care. With Teeth did well, he had some top singles off it, and right now he's busy producing and making his own albums, I just don't think his ex-guitarist having a top song is going to matter to him. Besides, I'm sure Trent knows that GNR is not like NIN in that it's a "band" but it's really the creative vision of one person right now. Robin probably just plays what he's told the way he did in NIN.

I don't think there was any real falling out with Trent/Robin. When Trent got sober and returned to music, he just wanted a new start so he put together a new band. He's made some comments about Robin getting paid to sit around and do nothing by GNR but that's about it.

..Robin probably just plays what he's told the way he did in NIN.

Not true. Robin wrote "Better" - Axl credited him with this during one of the shows.

.. I don't think there was any real falling out with Trent/Robin. When Trent got sober and returned to music, he just wanted a new start so he put together a new band. He's made some comments about Robin getting paid to sit around and do nothing by GNR but that's about it.

Actually, Trent seemed a little bitter when Robin opted to stay with GNR instead of returning to NIN when he asked. If you recall, Trent took a shot at Robin on the NIN website when he was unveiling his new lineup in January 2005. Here's what he wrote:

"Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong — effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital....."

Who cares? :huh:

Trent can't say shit about taking a long time to make an album.

Trent can't say shit about having a revolving line up.

Trent can't say shit about being an egomaniac.

Trent can't say shit about having songs in video games, commercials, TV shows, or movies.

Trent can't say shit about changing a band's "sound."

There aren’t really many negative things he can say about GN'R without being a hypocrite. The worst he can do is say the album sucks, but I don't think he wants to burn any bridges with Robin since many of his fans like Robin a lot more than Aaron North and would love to have him back.

Also, the Photoshop thing was probably thanks to Josh Freese (who was in GNR for some time) and Aaron North (who is a GNR fan). They were probably talking about GNR a lot on the tour bus. I don't think there was really a point to it. :huh:

GNR is not like NIN in that it's a "band" but it's really the creative vision of one person right now.

Both Nine Inch Nails and Guns 'n Roses are the creative vision of one person and that's probably why I like them so fucking much.

thats so lame. sure nin are great as a one man band....because thats what they are. if everything on CD is done by axl and everyone just followed his orders that would suck. they should actually be a band.

In trents defense or I guess NIN the bands defense trent didnt write everything all by him self if you look at the credits many other people help write the songs. But i do admit that it is trents vision. Also that he wrote most of NIN's Songs and has controll over the band. I just think it is unfair to say no one does anything but trent.

Does that mkae sense? lol

Hopefully Trent will be happy for his former bandmate, and will support GNR. Axl used to wear NIN shirts back in the day, and hopefully all those photoshoped pics were just Reznor's way of having fun. Fink is the fucking man!

I don't think Trent's ass will ever be owned by Robin, after all Trent is the leader of his own project. He does what he wants when he wants. Robin does what Axl wants when Axl wants, just like he did what Trent wanted when Trent wanted.

To an extent, You may have a point but I think Finck has had a greater amount of creative input into G&R. Really think about it. Have you heard about any Finck solo albums hitting the shelves recently?

I guess maybe I'd just like to believe he's been doing something G&R related and not just travelling the world and posting his photos on his website (cool site).

I'd actually liked to hear a finck track on the album. With him singin/screamin, playing guitar, whatever. Robin rocks and I think he deserves a lot of praise and adoration for his craft in Guns.

I don't think Trent's ass will ever be owned by Robin, after all Trent is the leader of his own project. He does what he wants when he wants. Robin does what Axl wants when Axl wants, just like he did what Trent wanted when Trent wanted.

To an extent, You may have a point but I think Finck has had a greater amount of creative input into G&R. Really think about it. Have you heard about any Finck solo albums hitting the shelves recently?

I guess maybe I'd just like to believe he's been doing something G&R related and not just travelling the world and posting his photos on his website (cool site).

I'd actually liked to hear a finck track on the album. With him singin/screamin, playing guitar, whatever. Robin rocks and I think he deserves a lot of praise and adoration for his craft in Guns.

indeed. I think Robin is going to be all over Chinese Democracy. Him and Tommy moreso than the other guys who haven't been there for the last decade working on this.

so what youre saying is.......finck likes being peoples bitch?

That's hardly the case. Finck left Trent because he didn't want to be his bitch ;)

That's hardly the case. Finck left Trent because he didn't want to be his bitch ;)

or he would rather be Axl's bitch...

or he would rather be Axl's bitch...

Wait...who wrote Better?

Yeah eat that :wub:

I dont understand why the hell do we need to have this kind of threads..?!?! Wtf does it matter if Trent is bitter or happy? Or do you get somekind of sexual satisfaction knowning that Trent might be bitter because Finck has done something awesome?

I just simply dont get it what has Trent got to do with the release of Chinese Democracy since the answer is nothing.

Either way Trent has done some amazing work with NIN and I dont understand why people need to drag him into this "GN'R's success makes all the people who had somekind of connections to GN'R bitter"..

:sleeper:

Wait...who wrote Better?

Yeah eat that :wub:

like he had no imput whatsoever in NIN? :rolleyes:

once again though i don't think Trent will care, he doesn't need to be plus its just gonna be another "feud" that people over hype, such as:

VR and axl

scott and Axl etc.

we don't know there is bad blood between them for sure but people on forums and in the mdeia spin it out of controll

like he had no imput whatsoever in NIN? :rolleyes: ..

Actually, it's true. Robin didn't write any of the NIN songs. Trent wrote and played them all himself for most of his albums, and then brought a "band" together to tour.

In fact, the latest album - With Teeth - was the first time Trent brought in another musician during the recording process who he let write part of the music -- and that was Dave Grohl who played drums.

So, I imagine Robin would have enjoyed writing Better for GNR.

with teeth is ***** one of my favourite songs i really like

How will feel r eznor when r obi n will be at the top of the charts with better?

Discuss :chef:

WITH_TEETH features some great tracks. Axl may have been influenced by NIN (and other similar artists) but still appears to have retained various aspects of the old Gn'R sound, which makes for an interesting direction to take. Before Gn'R headed in the direction of slight industrial, part of me wanted them to head in a more metal orientated direction. From what Seb has said about the track Sorry (as featured in the recent Rollingstone article) the track sounds like it has its roots in Doom metal (i have no idea what doom metal is, although it sounds slow n'heavy).