DJ: "We have the new Guns N' Roses track"

IndiannaRose

Ha, the DJ who hates GNR just retracted everything he said and LOVES Better! :wub:

I think this song is gonna do really well even in the mainstream and not just because I am a diehard fan-

Dave-you said that before and they still played it again-

I think the main part of the song is top 10 on the pop charts material, but the 30 second intro. is too harsh for the average mainstream listener. Perhaps they should fade it like on the Harley commercial, or perhaps even get rid of one of the choruses at the beginning (it's played twice...once would shorten it by half approximately). The song, as it is, will be #1 on the rock charts for sure. Other than that, I'm not sure (top 50 on the pop charts perhaps, but not much more than that).

Edited by GNRfan2008

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, the DJ who hates GNR just retracted everything he said and LOVES Better! :wub:

I think this song is gonna do really well even in the mainstream and not just because I am a diehard fan-

I think the main part of the song is top 10 on the pop charts material, but the 30 second intro. is too harsh for the average mainstream listener. Perhaps they should fade it like on the Harley commercial, or perhaps even get rid of one of the choruses at the beginning (it's played twice...once would shorten it by half approximately).

Well, no one knows what the entire real single version will sound like yet. They could have a different edit for the radio for mainstream listeners. A lot of singles differ from the actual album cut-

Next week we will know, hopefully!

I think the main part of the song is top 10 on the pop charts material, but the 30 second intro. is too harsh for the average mainstream listener. Perhaps they should fade it like on the Harley commercial, or perhaps even get rid of one of the choruses at the beginning (it's played twice...once would shorten it by half approximately).

Well, no one knows what the entire real single version will sound like yet. They could have a different edit for the radio for mainstream listeners. A lot of singles differ from the actual album cut-

Next week we will know, hopefully!

That would be awesome if they had a radio edit. As I've said before, average mainstream listeners in this country have very short attention spans. The intro is catchy, but also HARSH as hell compared to most popular music. If it were faded and shortened quite a bit, the song has great potential because the meat of the song kicks ass almost as much as SCOM (both in terms of pop sensibilities and solos for more hardcore rock fans).

Guys, please don't post anymore links to the demo. I just had to go through 27 pages deleting them all.

The board policy still hasn't changed when it comes to posting the leaks. We've been threatened with legal action if we host links to them on here, so we're not allowed to. I don't mean to be an asshole, but that's the way it has to be to cover Eric's ass legally. ;)

Guys, please don't post anymore links to the demo. I just had to go through 27 pages deleting them all.

The board policy still hasn't changed when it comes to posting the leaks. We've been threatened with legal action if we host links to them on here, so we're not allowed to. I don't mean to be an asshole, but that's the way it has to be to cover Eric's ass legally. ;)

Fuck dude! In all the madness I forgot all about that! Shit, I'm sorry dude!

That's cool. I figured that - don't worry, we all make mistakes. ;)

That's cool. I figured that - don't worry, we all make mistakes. ;)

Cool dude B)

how are the release dates in the us compared to in europe. i live in norway. does the album come out in the us or europe first?

Europe I think. I know it comes out a day early in the UK vs. the USA, but I'm not sure about the rest of Europe. I assume it's the same as the UK.

how are the release dates in the us compared to in europe. i live in norway. does the album come out in the us or europe first?

Europe I think. I know it comes out a day early in the UK vs. the USA, but I'm not sure about the rest of Europe. I assume it's the same as the UK.

that's cool... i'll let you guys know if it's any good :P haha

OK, here's what happened.

I sent the link to the Harley Ad on to Picozzi (who's their afternoon guy) on Friday. I then called him an hour or so later to vote for GnR in the World Series of Rock. We talked about the ad, as well. They then played the audio of the ad on air and Holden Johnson bagged on the song a bit.

Another poster on HTGTH (who I won't name...I'll let him do that if he wants) knows the DJ's at WCCC. He got Raven to play the entire remastered demo on air. I THINK it's now been played a few times since then, since response has been pretty positive.

Now, where the rumors that WCCC is going to get the single next week are starting, I don't know. Maybe more has come to light since my talk and emails with Picozzi. But that certainly was not the case when I talked to/emailed him on Friday.