DJ: "We have the new Guns N' Roses track"

IndiannaRose

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda disappointing we didn't hear the genuine article. But after listening to it I am glad because I don't want the final version to sound exactly like the demo. I've listened to the demo a bazillion times by now and this was definitely based on that - with some changes of course. But you can hear that the demo is the foundation of this version - to me there is no doubt about that.

I guess this also still means that we really haven't had official confirmation that Better is the first single. I mean, it sure seems like it will be. And it's a great comeback song for sure. But nothing has happened that proves it. The fact that Harley uses it is pretty good evidence, but remember that their actual website it didn't call the song a single. That was only in their source code, which most people will not see. Could be that they used the word single at first but then changed it when GN'R told them it would not in fact be the first single. Maybe Guns will promote two songs off of Chi Dem right away - Better on the HD ad and the first single (whatever it is).

All I'm saying is that I still think there's an outside chance Better isn't going to be the first single. It probably will be but you never know.

Thoughts?

They took "Better" off the "Black Sheep" commercial on the Harley Davidson site. It plays "Paradise City" now and says To Come Back Soon To Hear Better off of Chinese Democracy...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content...mp;locale=en_US

I was just listening to the WCCC (Hartford, CT) webcast (random I know), and right after they played the new Papa Roach single the DJ mentioned that Papa Roach would open for GN'R on their upcoming tour and that the station had the new Guns N' Roses song. He also said that they would play it all weekend long and that the song was part of the new Harley Davidson ad campaign. He also stated that there are rumors that Guns might play Connecticut. Supposedley they're gonna play it 'soon'.

Here's a link the the webcast:

http://release.theplatform.com/content.sel...linbroadcasting

Fucking AAAA...GNR will explode soon! rock3

Buckets parts help the song a great deal in my opinion. I also think it's just the demo but with backing focals raised in the end. Over the last 6 months this song has quickly become one of my favorite GnR songs. It would be hard for me to listen to it w/out buckethead.

Go Connecticut. I don't get this Hartford station, but this is great.

Thank You Thank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank YouThank You

Tbizzle

Bucket Head solo is great.

The nu-metal part is what makes the song special..whitout the nu-metal part the song is only a normal poppy song...whitout the ANGER and the Insane AXl screams.

When song is at its craziest is when its at its best. And the solo's are fucking awesome. Can't wait for the single.

it's really hard to tell with a crappy off air recording, but the drums sound different in spots .. i say who cares ... it's on the radio, and people are digging it .. the song has a dance-esque beat and that bridge is like a freight train shift into aggression ... the people who will hate this are the gutiar players who couldnt shred those parts if their lives depended on it ...

14 years and it's finally starting, I guess Ill be dropping dead soon .. glorious